The birds are singing their hearts out now outside my window.

asset test

Am home alone. Booo.

Have the kitchen window open and no other noise like radio or tv. My god there is some chorus coming from the back garden and surrounds. It is nine o'clock. I suppose they are marking their territory before going to bed or something.

It is amazing.

Suburbs here. So uplifting. Just thought I would share.

gerhard dengler

Am home alone. Booo.

Have the kitchen window open and no other noise like radio or tv. My god there is some chorus coming from the back garden and surrounds. It is nine o'clock. I suppose they are marking their territory before going to bed or something.

It is amazing.

I had a different experience yesterday evening. Total and complete silence for 10 minutes. There was literally not a sound to be heard. Not a voice, not a motor vehicle engine, no sound of a dog barking, no sound of children playing.

The complete absence of any sound whatsoever. It was surreal, especially so being in a suburb in Dublin.

milipod

[video=youtube;SBjQ9tuuTJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ[/video]

stopdoingstuff

I am in Rome now so forget about silence, even in some Churches.

publicrealm

Am home alone. Booo.

It is amazing.

Had exactly the same experience here in Dublin 6 about an hour ago out walking the mutt.

Extraordinarily loud - beautiful really. Had to stop and listen for about 10 minutes.

Mad as Fish

We have the birdsong but no swallows as yet We have had a pair nesting in the shed for years now (don't know whether they are the same birds) but not seen any this year so far.

asset test

Good to see others have enjoyed a similar experience with the feathered friends.

I think they are blackbirds. The song is just something else.

But I don't know. I can't fekkin see them in the gloaming!

im axeled

a very bad sign of the weather, birds singing at dusk, also unusual loud singing during the day, as an old guy used to say when i was a chap, yere singing now, but ye will be crying in a weeks time

asset test

I had a different experience yesterday evening. Total and complete silence for 10 minutes. There was literally not a sound to be heard. Not a voice, not a motor vehicle engine, no sound of a dog barking, no sound of children playing.

The complete absence of any sound whatsoever. It was surreal, especially so being in a suburb in Dublin.
Silence in the city/suburbs is unusual.

But we live on a cul de sac with a park out the back, so the silence is taken for granted. That's why the birdsong got me this evening.

Well there is always the odd fekkin dog and a house alarm. But that is normal and I don't even hear it anymore if you get me.

im axeled

We have the birdsong but no swallows as yet We have had a pair nesting in the shed for years now (don't know whether they are the same birds) but not seen any this year so far.
plenty of them hereabouts, they have not started nesting yet, this is the third year i have had a single one serenading me from the electric wires overhead my sun trap, wwill it get a mate this year i wonder

They've been waking me here for at least a month. The horny little bastards are up and are it early these days.

Sotired

Am home alone. Booo.

It is amazing.

I like to leave the windows open all night, for a bit of air, and also to allow the cats easy, as in, I don't have to do anything, exit and entrance.

A bit of a forest behind my house.

I sometimes pick up a neighbours cat by doing that.

Then the dog goes mental.

And then my missus completely loses it with me, for some reason.

Sheesh.

Still, the birdies from 4.30 nowadays are an Opera.

asset test

Well now, we had greenfinches nesting for years in the space around the outlet pipe out the back. No sign of them this year. Am disappointed. But they obviously found a nicer home somewhere else.

Ellen Ripley

Ah, the beautiful Spring dusk, day flows effortlessly into night, the courtship song... with Mrs Brown fukking her head off on the box...

Sorry Asset.

All of an April evening, when April airs were abroad

[video=youtube;Z8ojon1RJ4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ojon1RJ4E[/video]

milipod

a very bad sign of the weather, birds singing at dusk, also unusual loud singing during the day, as an old guy used to say when i was a chap, yere singing now, but ye will be crying in a weeks time
Negative vibes Elvis.

milipod

[video=youtube;bjPqsDU0j2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjPqsDU0j2I[/video]

Gaston

Am home alone. Booo.

It is amazing.

Had an inverse experience to yours recently.

My bird was singing from the back garden at me over the fact that I had forgotten to bring in the washing while she was out, which had subsequently gotten wet in a shower. My god that was some chorus!

I closed the window & turned on the radio. :)

New Threads

Most Replies