The birds are singing their hearts out now outside my window.

asset test

Had an inverse experience to yours recently.

My bird was singing from the back garden at me over the fact that I had forgotten to bring in the washing while she was out, which had got wet in a shower. My god that was some chorus!

I closed the window & turned on the radio. :)
Your bird is not of the feathered variety so!

midlander12

We have the birdsong but no swallows as yet We have had a pair nesting in the shed for years now (don't know whether they are the same birds) but not seen any this year so far.
Heard swallows twice but it was a week ago or more. My partner heard cuckoo yesterday. Our more native breeds have been deafening, though, particularly late in evening. V cold weather coming next week, apparently.

asset test

a very bad sign of the weather, birds singing at dusk, also unusual loud singing during the day, as an old guy used to say when i was a chap, yere singing now, but ye will be crying in a weeks time
Heard there is very cold weather on the way. You could be on to something there.

asset test

Heard swallows twice but it was a week ago or more. My partner heard cuckoo yesterday. Our more native breeds have been deafening, though, particularly late in evening. V cold weather coming next week, apparently.
That's interesting. The poster "I'm Axeled" said the same thing about cold weather and the birds singing in advance of that aswell.

milipod

[video]https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/long.html[/video]

asset test

The birds go to sleep early and wake up early. The morning chorus is grand for a day or two, then it is earbuds thanks very much.

OH uses those eyemasks you use on the plane, AND earbuds. I actually like the dawn chorus but just for a little while.

It was the evening chorus that grabbed me tonight, but that was probably because there was no background noise where I was sitting.

OrderoftheDragon

Am home alone. Booo.

Have the kitchen window open and no other noise like radio or tv. My god there is some chorus coming from the back garden and surrounds. It is nine o'clock. I suppose they are marking their territory before going to bed or something.

It is amazing.

Suburbs here. So uplifting. Just thought I would share.
Have it every night, baby pheasants springing through the fields a glimpse of a newborn hare, lambs galore and a bird of prey of some kind has taken root in the area, now he/she is majestic.

asset test

Have it every night, baby pheasants springing through the fields a glimpse of a newborn hare, lambs galore and a bird of prey of some kind has taken root in the area, now he/she is majestic.
Obviously in a rural area. Would the bird of prey get the lambs or the hares ever.

Gaston

Jokes aside, nothing nicer than finches or robins singing......great when out on the river of a early morning fishing.....

[video=youtube;s9dbAfjlrks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9dbAfjlrks[/video]

OrderoftheDragon

Obviously in a rural area. Would the bird of prey get the lambs or the hares ever.
He/she is way too small for them, can hear it calling and have seen it soaring but not close up yet. The wild cats get the baby hares every year, but never touch the pet rabbit.......a mystery !.

OrderoftheDragon

Oh and a lot of huge bees around last week.

SEAMAI

Last edited:
Last edited:
That cold unsettled weather is typical of the period known as the scaraveen which stretches from mid April to mid May.

im axeled

That cold unsettled weather is typical of the period known scaraveen which stretches from mid April to mid May.
from the flowering of the blackthorn until the white thorn has flowered, usually there is 7-14 days softness in between

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom