The Bitter Battle Between 2nd & 3rd Wave Feminists

GJG

Website
blog.hereshow.ie
I think that many people outside the fairly clique-ish world of feminism might have missed the bitterness (or the whole thing) of the dispute raging within feminism.

Second-wave feminists - who fought for things like equal pay and anti-discrimination laws particularly in the 1970s - say that third wave feminists are accepting trans women - people born male but either surgically or socially transition to female - as 'real' women, and this is a threat.

Third wave feminists say that second-wave feminists are anti-trans bigots. Germane Greer, author of many seminal feminist works, has been de-platformed by third wave feminists who claim that her mere presence constitutes violence against trans people.

This might seem like a small point, but it goes to the core of feminism. Second-wave feminists fought for years against the view that women shouldn't worry their pretty little heads about things that were beyond them, and that they were just unsuited, by virtue of being female, of being in leadership roles or entering other then-male-dominated professions; girls should do sewing and play with their dolls, and leave the boys to do metalwork and honours maths. They said that there was nothing but bigotry in this view.

Then the C21 trans movement came along and said that someone born with a penis might have a 'female brain', and if they did, should be recognised as a woman.

I interviewed Linda Bellos, former leader of far-left controlled Lambeth Borough Council, labelled a loony lefty by The Sun at the time, and now labelled a Tory, nazi bigot by trans activists.

Here's How 69 – Battles within Feminism

Dame_Enda

Theres also a big split on issues like prostitution and workplace relationships.

GDPR

When it comes to the Trannies, the "Adult Entertainment Industry" and Gun Rights most "Third Wave Feminists" are not only not Feminists in the real sense, and I'm not a Feminist as such, but are actual gender traitors.

JimmyFoley

I think that many people outside the fairly clique-ish world of feminism might have missed the bitterness (or the whole thing) of the dispute raging within feminism.

Second-wave feminists - who fought for things like equal pay and anti-discrimination laws particularly in the 1970s - say that third wave feminists are accepting trans women - people born male but either surgically or socially transition to female - as 'real' women, and this is a threat.

Third wave feminists say that second-wave feminists are anti-trans bigots. Germane Greer, author of many seminal feminist works, has been de-platformed by third wave feminists who claim that her mere presence constitutes violence against trans people.

This might seem like a small point, but it goes to the core of feminism. Second-wave feminists fought for years against the view that women shouldn't worry their pretty little heads about things that were beyond them, and that they were just unsuited, by virtue of being female, of being in leadership roles or entering other then-male-dominated professions; girls should do sewing and play with their dolls, and leave the boys to do metalwork and honours maths. They said that there was nothing but bigotry in this view.

Then the C21 trans movement came along and said that someone born with a penis might have a 'female brain', and if they did, should be recognised as a woman.

I interviewed Linda Bellos, former leader of far-left controlled Lambeth Borough Council, labelled a loony lefty by The Sun at the time, and now labelled a Tory, nazi bigot by trans activists.

Which sect is Una a member of?

That's all I need to know before taking sides...

silverharp

why are all the hot chicks into feminism? :eek:

talkingshop

She seems an interesting woman - a bit defensive though!

Mick Mac

Firstly, absolutely well done for running that show. Whatever your background it's really cool to do it.

Well done.

New Threads