The Bitter Battle Between 2nd & 3rd Wave Feminists

Sotired

I own guns myself, so I'm certainly in favour of my gun rights...
Well. You live and learn.

Mercurial is a card-carrying member of the NRA.

Have you killed anyone?

With one of your guns.

from pure boredom doesn’t count.

talkingshop

I'm not inclined to engage in a debate with someone who thinks that the validity of an argument against oppression is undermined depending on whether the person making it is a member of the group in question.
Can't come with any? I thought so.

The current crop of younger feminists (and I disagree with the poster that the battle is between them and the second wave feminists, it's between the second wave feminists and a bunch of aggressive and fairly obnoxious and bullying transgender males) are trying to ignore the whole thing - too scared of being considered not "inclusive", or even "conservative", to say that of course these males aren't women.

Mick Mac

I'd like to take it down a notch.

Humor or otherwise: Steven Crowder visits a "feminist" rally.

[video=youtube;aWJT0egzAy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJT0egzAy0[/video]

Mick Mac

Have you killed anyone?

With one of your guns.

I have.

But you won't get me to talk about it. No, I don't talk about it.

Mercurial

Can't come with any? I thought so.

The current crop of younger feminists (and I disagree with the poster that the battle is between them and the second wave feminists, it's between the second wave feminists and a bunch of aggressive and fairly obnoxious and bullying transgender males) are trying to ignore the whole thing - too scared of being considered not "inclusive", or even "conservative", to say that of course these males aren't women.
Why in the world would you think I would be inclined to debate with someone who behaves like you do?

Just look at this post of yours, how dishonest and toxic it is. It would be an utter waste of time to take you seriousy.

Mercurial

Have you killed anyone?

With one of your guns.

Mostly they have sentimental value.

Mercurial

Riddle me this...If I started complaining about cyber bullying I receive here over some of my views you would think it is on my own head, correct? Well fair enough but given the damage men thinking they are women do to actual us why should we have a different attitude?
Trans women don't do damage to cisgender women. The reverse is not true, unfortunately.

GJG

Website
blog.hereshow.ie
I'm not inclined to engage in a debate with someone who thinks that the validity of an argument against oppression is undermined depending on whether the person making it is a member of the group in question.
Typically, you just can't get anywhere arguing with a fascist troll who doesn't have a position to argue against.

But just for the hell of it, here's a list of some of the stuff you've got wrong, in this comment alone:

1. Your reliance on obviously biased sources like terfisaslur for your understanding of the debate in general.
Great. Asked to show that the dispute is bitter, cite a bitter partisan website, and you that proves you are wrong because of 'reliance on obviously biased sources'.

2. Your depiction of second-wave feminism as a contemporary movement and rival of third-wave feminism. Third-wave feminism is contemporary* feminism, and the evolution of second-wave feminism following weaknesses and innovations identified and developed by feminists. Most people who call themselves second-wave feminists nowadays are those whose political views haven't evolved beyond the classism and racism of the 70s. Indeed, Linda Bellos herself has expressed plenty of views that would be far more at home in third wave feminism rather than second.
Fantastic. A black feminist former leader of Labour in Lambeth is a racist. But she secretly agrees with my fascism, as proven by the fact that she is run off campuses by my fascist friends.

3. Your reference to third-wave feminists supposed "idolisation" of a writer most of them have never read and who died before the third wave even got going, and your cartoonish characterisation of third wave feminists as believing " anyone who disagrees with them must be evil".
The irony is strong with this one.

More generally, you're deeply confused about the central claims of those who defend the rights of trans people against TERFs. Talk of "male brains" and "female brains" are a part of popular discourse on these topics, but are in no way central to the arguments of feminists who accept that trans women are women, and trans men are men.

*Unless one considers so-called "fourth wave" feminism.
And back on form, telling people how stupid and wrong they are, and every time dodging making a positive statement, well aware that you wouldn't have the intellect to back it up if you did.

You learnt well at the knee of your master.

I hear stormfront is back online, you'd be more at home there.

Sotired

Mostly they have sentimental value.
You can’t just leave us hanging with that.

Do they work?

Is the sentimental value based on your tours in country?

Did a beloved relative or friend bequeth them to you?

You can see the wide scope for speculation without further clarification.

Over to you.

talkingshop

Why in the world would you think I would be inclined to debate with someone who behaves like you do?

Just look at this post of yours, how dishonest and toxic it is. It would be an utter waste of time to take you seriousy.
YOU began this exchange by replying to my post to another poster. I couldn't care less about whether you respond or not, you don't debate anyway.

(Everything I said is perfectly true and you know it. While some of the second-wave feminists may have let themselves down a bit on occasion in response to the bullying - as Linda Bellos was gracious enough to acknowledge - the sheer vitriol, the narcissistic rage coming from these males at the idea that someone might stop them imposing their will, is quite something, and not good).

Mercurial

Typically, you just can't get anywhere arguing with a fascist troll who doesn't have a position to argue against.

Great. Asked to show that the dispute is bitter, cite a bitter partisan website, and you that proves you are wrong because of 'reliance on obviously biased sources'.

Fantastic. A black feminist former leader of Labour in Lambeth is a racist. But she secretly agrees with my fascism, as proven by the fact that she is run off campuses by my fascist friends.

The irony is strong with this one.

And back on form, telling people how stupid and wrong they are, and every time dodging making a positive statement, well aware that you wouldn't have the intellect to back it up if you did.

You learnt well at the knee of your master.

I hear stormfront is back online, you'd be more at home there.

Dude, if you're going to go off on me for not debating you in a reasonable manner, maybe don't undermine your point by literally comparing me to Nazis in the very same comment?

Mercurial

YOU began this exchange by replying to my post to another poster. I couldn't care less about whether you respond or not, you don't debate anyway.
I don't debate you, ts, because you're a toxic bully. I'm happy to debate reasonable people.

Mercurial

You can’t just leave us hanging with that.

Do they work?

Is the sentimental value based on your tours in country?

Did a beloved relative or friend bequeth them to you?

You can see the wide scope for speculation without further clarification.

Over to you.
They belonged to my grandfather.

Sotired

They belonged to my grandfather.
I’ve a Sam Brown belt with the holster and bullet pouch from 1916.

From my Grandfather.

A great thing to have passed down.

I’m sure those guns have a story.

I won’t press for that.

Clanrickard

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies