• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The bookies' odds say stop worrying about Brexit

patslatt

The bookies have never been wrong about British general elections. Their odds on Brexit are about 3 to 1 at Brexit Referendum Betting Odds | Oddschecker

Financial speculators could use those odds to play the futures market in sterling to the extent futures have been negative on sterling in anticipation of the UK referendum.

silverharp

the futures market prices in everything rightly or wrongly. the big firms apparently will be attempting to poll during the day to get their own information. so I'd imagine the big move will only happen on the day with traders ready to unleash big one way or the other

patslatt

the futures market prices in everything rightly or wrongly. the big firms apparently will be attempting to poll during the day to get their own information. so I'd imagine the big move will only happen on the day with traders ready to unleash big one way or the other
US$ to sterling chart http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=GBPUSD=X#{%22range%22:%226mo%22,%22allowChartStacking%22:true} is available on Yahoofinance.com

Dame_Enda

Impossible to call it. Online polls favour leave and UKIP while phone polls favour remain. I'm going to put down money on brexit. We've seen in our own country how personal biases by the Establishment who own the big bookie chains can result in odds that blow a big hole in.their bank balances eg Nice I, Lisbon I.

Mercurial

I'm not worried about the outcome, but only because I can't figure out which would be worse.

blokesbloke

Yeah, it looks pretty set to fail. When Boris and Nigel are already talking about re-runs of the referendum (yeah right...........), then I think the game is over.
I am a Brexit supporter but they can feck right off with that.

If it's a "yes" it's a "yes" and that's the end of the matter, no re-run crap.

I might put some money on a "yes" vote, though I wouldn't get much back.

At least I can get some compensation!

R

Ramps

Which one means we won't get lumped with Northern Ireland, again?

Can never remember...

Truth.ie

Couldnt this be merged with the main Brexit thread???
Nothing new of merit is mentioned in the OP.

Mercurial

I don't like the EU as it exists at present, mostly because of its neoliberal and undemocratic character.

On the other hand, if I were a UK citizen I would be more worried about living under a Tory government without any EU oversight.

johnnypockets

There will be no Brexit. Anyone who fancies a friendly wager for charity and a winner's choice of avatar for the loser for 2 weeks, let me know.

Dame_Enda

Big Achilles heel for the remain crowd is that small business is split and the media hostile.

Socratus O' Pericles

I don't like the EU as it exists at present, mostly because of its neoliberal and undemocratic character.

On the other hand, if I were a UK citizen I would be more worried about living under a Tory government without any EU oversight.
I think the former is temporary the latter may be permanent.

Socratus O' Pericles

Big Achilles heel for the remain crowd is that small business is split and the media hostile.
SME's split is OK they aren't all on one side 50:50 is OK, the big hitters FT, Guardian, BBC and Independent favour Remain.

btw with regard to the OP if you have money to be gambling put it on Remain ,if you need to Factor In forex issues for your business then its gonna be Remain also......buy Sterling today ,sell in late June perhaps.

'orebel

Seanie Lemass

Try and get 5000 with PP at 1/4 and find out how confident they are about the outcome!

I doubt it is a big market and if you try and put big money you will be either knocked back or offered shorter odds. So it is not as good a guide as it might be in sports events where there is vast amount of public and private knowledge about the participants.

So I wouldn't place too much weight on current odds.

drjimryan2

The bookies have never been wrong about British general elections. .
are you sure?....I recall everyone backing kinnock in 92 only for major to win.........

sense will prevail, the english are good people and will make the right decision to remain, imo....

blokesbloke

are you sure?....I recall everyone backing kinnock in 92 only for major to win.........

sense will prevail, the english are good people and will make the right decision to remain, imo....
I'm a bad person?

That's disappointing!

:(

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies