The Border to Northern Ireland is to remain- a solution has been found

death or glory

As everyone else seems to start a new thread on Brexit, I thought i might as well jump on the band wagon.

A security expert has now said there can be a smart border between Northern Ireland and Eire, so that should keep everyone happy.

There is a technical solution to keeping an open border in Ireland after Brexit, a customs expert has suggested.

Lars Karlsson, a former senior officer in Swedish customs, was giving evidence to the Commons Brexit committee.

The elements of a "smart border" would make it possible to have no physical infrastructure at the frontier, he said.
Swedish expert offers post-Brexit Irish border solution - BBC News

death or glory

Zoo. This has been done about a fortnight ago.
Only released on the BBC website 8 hours ago.

Show me the link.

This is so significant it needs an OP of its own, as the scaremongering on here over the Hard border was unbelievable.

McSlaggart

Mickeymac

"But he agreed that a fully operational "smart border" is not currently in use anywhere in the world.!"

from your link

Whatever would a single retired Swedish customs official know about Ireland and the false border imposed on that Country by British colonialists?

I rest my case McS.:lol:

hollandia

death or glory

As I thought, no OP on the issue of a solution to the border issue.

One solitary post that no-one replied too.

All this scare mongering and there is a workable solution.

There is a border at the minute and with livestock it is worked without having physical infastructure at the Border.

McSlaggart

If you read your link you will find that it stated "But he agreed that a fully operational "smart border" is not currently in use anywhere in the world.!"

On top of the fact that their is no current solution to the problem is the fact the border in Ireland is particularly complex. Could you for example explain how your going to pay for all the technology needed to stop the flow of traffic both on foot and in cars/vans/... between Tyrone and Donegal ?

hollandia

One solitary post that no-one replied too.

All this scare mongering and there is a workable solution.

There is a border at the minute and with livestock it is worked without having physical infastructure at the Border.
There is no workable solution. Your expert agrees.

ZOO.

death or glory

If you read your link you will find that it stated "But he agreed that a fully operational "smart border" is not currently in use anywhere in the world.!"

On top of the fact that their is no current solution to the problem is the fact the border in Ireland is particularly complex. Could you for example explain how your going to pay for all the technology needed to stop the flow of traffic both on foot and in cars/vans/... between Tyrone and Donegal ?
The fact there is none currently in use does not mean
that their is no current solution to the problem

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome."
samuel johnson

The smart border solution means there is no need to have a lot of infastructure to stop the flow of traffic.

death or glory

There is no workable solution. Your expert agrees.

ZOO.
No he doesn't.

Read the link he says there is a workable solution.
It was very clear.
We come up with the solution, youse provide the problems.

blinding

Lets have a border Poll . Maybe there is no need for a Border . Lets see how the land lies .

death or glory

Lets have a border Poll . Maybe there is no need for a Border . Lets see how the land lies .
Totally against at the minute as it would have a destabilising affect and cause undue tensions.

It's Ok as we have a workable border solution.

hollandia

No he doesn't.

Read the link he says there is a workable solution.
It was very clear.
We come up with the solution, youse provide the problems.
A workable solution which doesn't exist anywhere in the world. FFS even you aren't that stupid.

New Threads

Most Replies