The Budget 2007

Partizan

How could it be a con trick??? Under the stewardship of the current government our economy has been an incredible success story. The rainbow coalition has never performed to this level. The reason it’s a Santa Claus budget is because of sound economic management...not something that the opposition would know anything about.

You can wallow in self pity or else accept the fact that FG/LAB/Greens won't be the next government.
This should be framed as a monument to extreme stupidity :lol:

Bridget558

Those were the day, its funny if you watched back prime time reports from this time some people were still not happy, not because of cowen was making a mess but because they wanted more and more and more. More child benifit more tax cuts. FREE EVERYTHING

flavirostris

What a difference 4 years makes. Zanuers like the above were getting away with posting that kind of guff back in 2006

Radix

Those were the day, its funny if you watched back prime time reports from this time some people were still not happy, not because of cowen was making a mess but because they wanted more and more and more. More child benifit more tax cuts. FREE EVERYTHING
Says a lot about us Bridget. I think we get what we deserve including our elected representatives who are an accurate reflection of us.

On all sides of the house.

Here's another up to date example of this "me first" mentality......

The balance of power is being held by that Healy Rae of sunshine in Kerry, and conscious of that and the perilous position of the country at the moment, he was on the News at One yesterday, saying what he wanted for Kirry South.

Nothing wider than an insular, introverted, parish pump, mé féin wish list.

He could have said something like, (you'll have to picture this in your mind's eye);

"With me cap on me hart, I want te seee, the poore peeple of all the land, beeein looked after in the next budjit.

The wuns that didn't caws this in de furst place, is de wuns dat shud bee minded de most!

I want two seee, the vulnerable and neeedy peeple dat has speshul neeeds, beeein minded. Wee oh it to dem!"

Instead what we got was;

'I want the road around Dingle upgraded and improved. I also want to see more money beein pumped into Kirry. And I need more gondolas on the lakes of Killarney. And I want a fas scheme dedicated to feeding them in winter.'

Look around you Bridget, we claim erroneously to be civilised, scratch but a little below the surface and you'll see a nation of greedy people. As I say, we deserve everything we get....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies