The Case Against Frances Black’s Boycott Bill.

former wesleyan

Boycotts always seem to be against minorities. Why this is though of as virtuous is a puzzle.

Wascurito

If the Israelis don't provide employment, the haters accuse them of causing poverty amongst Palestinians because the haters never blame the corrupt and useless Palestinian leaders for anything.

If the Israelis do provide employment, the haters want to boycott the companies.

Then the companies close down, the Palestinians fall back into poverty and the haters blame the Israelis for Palestinian poverty.

Hibee

The failure of LoN members and the US to apply LoN sanctions against Italy for invading Ethiopia encouraged Hitler that he could get away with what he later did.
Mussolini was a buffoon . The humiliation visited on Germany led to the economic climate that allowed fascism grow.

Socratus O' Pericles

I shook hands with him once, a brisk, no-nonsense soldier's grip from Sharon as he finished a review of the vicious Phalangist militiamen who stood in the barracks square at Karantina in Beirut. Who would have thought, I asked myself then, that this same bunch of murderers - the men who butchered their way through the Palestinian Sabra and Chatila refugee camps only a few weeks earlier - had their origins in the Nazi Olympics of 1936. That's when old Pierre Gemayel - still alive and standing stiffly to attention for Sharon - watched the "order" of Nazi Germany and proposed to bring some of this "order" to Lebanon. That's what Gemayel told me himself. Did Sharon not understand this. Of course, he must have done.

Back on 18 September that same year, Loren Jenkins of The Washington Post and Karsten Tveit of Norwegian television and I had clambered over the piled corpses of Chatila - of raped and eviscerated women and their husbands and children and brothers - and Jenkins, knowing that the Isrealis had sat around the camps for two nights watching this filth, shrieked "Sharon!" in anger and rage. He was right. Sharon it was who sent the Phalange into the camps on the night of 16 September - to hunt for "terrorists", so he claimed at the time.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/ariel-sharon-by-robert-fisk-6112586.html

Sharon and Gemayel instilling Nazi Order in one of the most hideous moral travesties of the 20th century. Many Israelis hate Palestinians and would crush them like grasshoppers, I believe is the saying.

I support Senator Black.

roc_

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/ariel-sharon-by-robert-fisk-6112586.html

Sharon and Gemayel instilling Nazi Order in one of the most hideous moral travesties of the 20th century. Many Israelis hate Palestinians and would crush them like grasshoppers, I believe is the saying.
No, most Israelis do not hate Palestinians. That is hideous propaganda and sloganeering. This is how the likes of Ratio Et Fides spread their venom. The reality is more like this. - Israelis: How much do you hate Palestinians?

And you cannot look at the phenomenon of Sharon and others like him coming to power without looking at the context and what brought them to power. As Clinton put it in his memoirs:

"... In February 2001, Ariel Sharon would be elected prime minister in a landslide. The Israelis had decided that if Arafat wouldn’t take my offer he wouldn’t take anything, and that if they had no partner for peace, it was better to be led by the most aggressive, intransigent leader available. Sharon would take a hard line toward Arafat and would be supported in doing so by Ehud Barak and the United States..."

And I would take anything Fisk says with a very large grain of salt considering his affiliations.

GDPR

yanshuf

Roc, I think there’s nothing to explain to the BDSMers. They are followers of nazi era Ireland, and the balestinazis of the past and of today.

Only forcing them to come to terms with the existence of Israel would work

former wesleyan

What the Palestinians think.

Public Opinion Poll No (68) Press-Release | PCPSR

Including their opinions on the March of Return….

5) The March of Return, the relocation of the US embassy, and future directions in the absence of the peace process:

38% of the public in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip say that civil society organizations are behind the initiation and organization of the March of Return in the Gaza Strip. A similar percentage (37%) says that Hamas is responsible for the March, and 14% say that factions other than Hamas are responsible for its initiation and organization. It is worth mentioning that among Gazans, 61% believe that Hamas stands behind the marches.
A slim majority (51%) of Gazans supports the participation of family members and friends in the March of Return and 54% of West Bankers indicate their support for this form of resistance. Nonetheless, only a small minority (21%) believes the marches have achieved their goals or most of their goals and 74% believe they have not achieved their goals or achieved a little.
A majority (55%) believes that the relocation of the US embassy to Jerusalem serves to weaken Palestinian position that East Jerusalem should be the capital of the Palestinian state; 16% think the relocation of the embassy strengthens Palestinian position and 25% believes the relocation has no impact.
73% of East Jerusalem residents, who carry Blue Israeli IDs, indicate that they do not intend to participate, or have not considered participation, in the Israeli municipal elections in the city but 22% indicate that they are indeed intending to vote or considering voting.
A large minority of 39% thinks that negotiation is the most effective means of establishing a Palestinian state next to the state of Israel while a third (34%) believes that armed resistance is the most effective means and 21% think non-violent resistance is the most effective. Three months ago, 35% indicated that armed resistance is the answer and only 31% sided with negotiation.
58% believe that Israel’s long-term aspiration is to expand the state of Israel to stretch from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea and to expel the Palestinian population, and 21% think that Israel aims at annexing the occupied territories and deny the Palestinian citizens their rights. By contrast, only 19% think that Israel’s long-term aspiration is to insure its security and then withdraw from all or parts of the occupied territories.
In light of the suspension of peace negotiations, Palestinians support various alternative directions: 75% support joining more international organizations; 67% support popular non-violence resistance; 43% support a return to an armed intifada; 42% support dissolving the PA; and 30% support abandoning the two-state solution and demanding the establishment of one state for Palestinians and Israelis.

yanshuf

Though you attempt to mask it your anti-Gentile just cannot help seeping through. Anyway this has been documented as has the deep admiration that very many of the Revisionist Zionists held Hitler in (even if they weren't keen on his anti-Semitism they still saw it as useful for their cause in that it would push more Jews into their camp).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/51-Documents-Lenni-Brenner/dp/1569804338

Apropos, still waiting to see the source for your revealing information that zhabotinsky was a Hitler admirer

Dame_Enda

The long and the short of it is that Irish consumers do not want to subsidise the settlements. That should be our decision. We oppose the settlements. We have no intention of being a captive-market for colonialism.

Socratus O' Pericles

No, most Israelis do not hate Palestinians. That is hideous propaganda and sloganeering. This is how the likes of Ratio Et Fides spread their venom. The reality is more like this. - Israelis: How much do you hate Palestinians?

And you cannot look at the phenomenon of Sharon and others like him coming to power without looking at the context and what brought them to power. As Clinton put it in his memoirs:

"... In February 2001, Ariel Sharon would be elected prime minister in a landslide. The Israelis had decided that if Arafat wouldn’t take my offer he wouldn’t take anything, and that if they had no partner for peace, it was better to be led by the most aggressive, intransigent leader available. Sharon would take a hard line toward Arafat and would be supported in doing so by Ehud Barak and the United States..."

And I would take anything Fisk says with a very large grain of salt considering his affiliations.
So you are saying Fisk is a liar and Hebron and Chatila never happened, or is excusable...or wasn't something..

yanshuf

Took a couple of days, but the orders are in. Plan A.call the irish nazis.

The irish leftistics are proud nazis, they love to hate Israel. The amount of politicians turning the Israelis to well poisoners is telling

yanshuf

The long and the short of it is that Irish consumers do not want to subsidise the settlements. That should be our decision. We oppose the settlements. We have no intention of being a captive-market for colonialism.

No. You’re happily a captive market for colonialism when it’s Morocco, Turkey, China, India, Sri Lanka or others.

for some reason it’s only Israel you’re obsessed with

antisemitic filth

ShoutingIsLeadership

If the Israelis don't provide employment, the haters accuse them of causing poverty amongst Palestinians because the haters never blame the corrupt and useless Palestinian leaders for anything.

If the Israelis do provide employment, the haters want to boycott the companies.

Then the companies close down, the Palestinians fall back into poverty and the haters blame the Israelis for Palestinian poverty.
Haters :roll:

Dame_Enda

No. You’re happily a captive market for colonialism when it’s Morocco, Turkey, China, India, Sri Lanka or others.

for some reason it’s only Israel you’re obsessed with

antisemitic filth
I make a conscious choice in my shopping to not buy from countries engaged in settler colonialism.

As for the newfound concern for Palestinians working for the settlements, I would compare it to Mercantilism by the colonial powers in places like the sugar or rubber plantations during British/French/Dutch rule in the Caribean and Indonesia. There were no doubt natives working on those too because that was the exploitative economic framework devised by the colonial powers. Ruling other nations against their will is an abomination.

roc_

So you are saying Fisk is a liar and Hebron and Chatila never happened, or is excusable...or wasn't something..
No, I said take Fisk with a large grain of salt.

On the two particular topics you raise, there are undeniable complex realities there. Ignored by Fisk and a very large horde of idiots who are in step with him - willfully it would seem.

Look properly into the history of Hebron and the situation of the settlements there. Or look at how the Shatila massacre by Phalangist militia during the Lebanese Civil War was essentially sparked by the PLO, how it was a "payback massacre" for one previously done by the PLO, with no involvement of the IDF.

I'm not whitewashing Israel's culpability here. But all this nonsense that everything is always 100% the "Zionists" fault, and the essential ideological stance involved, is at the root of a lot of the horror of this conflict.

Don Wan

I would not call them settlements. Plantations is more appropriate.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies