The Cavalry are coming!!

j26

So, the US is coming to see what's going on.

Do people reckon there's now a chance that some proper resolution to what's going on might be in the offing?

Maybe they're coming to apologise - after all, it is all Lehmans fault!

Reuters via xe.com said:
WASHINGTON, Nov 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department's top international diplomat is headed for Europe this week to discuss the turmoil swirling through much of the euro zone.

In a one-sentence statement, Treasury said Undersecretary for International Affairs Lael Brainard will visit Madrid, Berlin and Paris for meetings with government officials.

Brainard will 'discuss economic developments in Europe as well as our longer-term work to advance our shared agenda on strong and sustainable growth,' Treasury said.

A Treasury official said she will not make any public comments during the trip.

Her visit accompanies a deepening debt crisis that has led to bailouts for Greece and Ireland is now seen threatening Portugal as markets pressure it and others including Spain and Italy.
Linky

dakid

They'll propose burning the bank bondholders I'm sure. A bit of common sense. They'll also push the ECB for Quantitative Easing Not such a great idea. The Euro is naturally devaluing against the dollar, Good Thing!

quackquack

Probably looking to get rid of corpo tax @ 12.5% which is screwing them out of billions...
One way or the other, they'll get it in the end.

Mitsui2

I once knew a lady in Holland who kept a bar. She was a former prostitute. Of her past life she used to say "You sell it for money or you sell it for flowers and lovesongs. I'm tone deaf, and flowers I can't eat."

The government, in the Irish fashion, has whored us all to earn the supposed respect of those it considers our EU betters.

Respect we can't eat. Have we got anything to sell the Yanks that we haven't given them already?

Tea Party Patriot

Its' ok John Wayne will sort out the banks:

Cobra 427

This is the best thing that can happen to Europe. Just make certain that you write down everything she says...and then do the exact opposite. Anything she gives you with Bernanke's or Krugman's name on it, burn immediately.

New Threads

Most Replies