The Celtic Dragon?

civilserpant

sweet... but theres been many stories like this before. Remember the maasive amusement/disney sized park in MEATH?

Skinner

Kick out the war mongering, tax evading, debt laden septics petunia

Welcome to the New new century.
Ancient most civilized people on the planet, with real money and the new economic powerhouse thats going to rule the future.

Bring it on!

McDave

Warning: Political hawking!!

I stopped reading that article the minute I saw it was name-checking the O'Rourke political clan. This plan is nothing more than a stunt to get profile for a new member of an FF dynasty.

truthisfree

China has signalled a vote of confidence in crisis-ridden Greece by signing investment deals worth billions of euros cross a wide spectrum of economic activity.
Source

This seems to be the current pattern for Chinese investment in Europe, and they get the timing right too. I think that this just might be happening.

johntrenchard

I stopped reading that article the minute I saw it was name-checking the O'Rourke political clan. This plan is nothing more than a stunt to get profile for a new member of an FF dynasty.
sounds like the Tralee mega pharma "plan" thats going to have "thousands" of jobs all funded by those lovely folks in Saudi Arabia.

jaysus - we're getting into Nigerian 911 territory.

Roll_On

what are the chinese motives for this? what have they to gain from locating in an isolated area

johntrenchard

by the way , this chinese "investment" plan always has a caveat - the only workers allowed are chinese.

go ask the Italian garment industry. similar thing has happened over there - chinese promising investment in Italy, they build the factories, and bring over a ton of chinese workers. Think its near Naples..

truthisfree

by the way , this chinese "investment" plan always has a caveat - the only workers allowed are chinese.

go ask the Italian garment industry. similar thing has happened over there - chinese promising investment in Italy, they build the factories, and bring over a ton of chinese workers. Think its near Naples..

“They were proposing that all the people employed in the building and the manning of it would be Chinese. I told them I didn’t think that would be acceptable. We would need a mix of Chinese and Irish. They were talking about 12,000 people but, at that time, the plan was very vast, very fanciful. As I understand it, they have now changed their plan.”
Even if they did, would it be such a problem, they will still boost the economy.

Roll_On

Even if they brought in foriegn workers, the income tax, corporation tax and resultant VAT intake would be enough to balance our budget(which is tiny by Chinese Standards)

johntrenchard

Source

This seems to be the current pattern for Chinese investment in Europe, and they get the timing right too. I think that this just might be happening.
chinese investment is always a front for the Peoples Liberation Army.

most of our politicians either seem to be idiotic about this, or ignorant on purpose because of the offer of hard cash.

in essence, its a form of geopolitical empire building by the communist party of china.

The chinese are very underhand about this, so as to not attract attention, but in simple terms, it is effectively a way of building forward bases for the PLA.

No doubt the "anti-war" crowd will greet this with open arms because it isnt NATO.

johntrenchard

Even if they brought in foriegn workers, the income tax, corporation tax and resultant VAT intake would be enough to balance our budget(which is tiny by Chinese Standards)
And that assumes that the Chinese can be trusted with their accounts.

I don't think so.

Roll_On

most of our politicians either seem to be idiotic about this, or ignorant on purpose because of the offer of hard cash.

in essence, its a form of geopolitical empire building by the communist party of china.

The chinese are very underhand about this, so as to not attract attention, but in simple terms, it is effectively a way of building forward bases for the PLA.

No doubt the "anti-war" crowd will greet this with open arms because it isnt NATO.
I'm begging you to please not try to turn this into a thread about your paranoid delusions.

truthisfree

And the US firms like ELAN who have set up their World centre in Athlone are a geopolitical empire by the Bildebergs? Tin Foil hat needed methinks!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies