The Climate Change Debate Thread (Original Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

owedtojoy

Jesus Christ. The level of stupidity among you deniers is unbelievable. The scientists have considered other causes and possible as yet unidentified factors, but they still find burning of fossi fuels to be the major cause.

I suppose you think we should all bury our heads in the sand and let the planet burn because you are just not quite sure enough yet.
I have met these Deniers before, and they just pitchfork out the same shyte every time.

At no time do you get a feeling that they have gone away to learn a bit more ... just the same abysmally low level of understanding every time, glib reasoning and proud to be ignorant.

owedtojoy

Jesus Christ. The level of stupidity among you deniers is unbelievable. The scientists have considered other causes and possible as yet unidentified factors, but they still find burning of fossi fuels to be the major cause.

I suppose you think we should all bury our heads in the sand and let the planet burn because you are just not quite sure enough yet.
Dara O'Briain has an excellent answer to Sailor here.

[video=youtube;uDYba0m6ztE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDYba0m6ztE[/video]

D

Deleted member 17573

I have met these Deniers before, and they just pitchfork out the same shyte every time.

At no time do you get a feeling that they have gone away to learn a bit more ... just the same abysmally low level of understanding every time, glib reasoning and proud to be ignorant.
So long as you keep quoting 'precise' global average temperatures from the 19th century what you present will be met with scepticism.

valamhic

They certainly ruled out the Roman and medieval warm periods which would show it all happened before. They simply rubbed it out and drew their own line instead

jcdf

we do not want changes that render the earth a less comfortable place for us to live. Why is that such a difficult concept?
I do.

Steve Case

Here are three graphs that illustrate that summer afternoons are getting
cooler in the eastern two thirds of the conterminous United States:

Source: NOAA's Climate At a Glance

mangaire2

LOL !!!!!

" summer afternoons in the eastern two thirds of the conterminous United States " !!!!!!!!

how bout 'Winter forenoons in the western two thirds of the conterminous United States', Steve ??

Steve Case

LOL !!!!!

" summer afternoons in the eastern two thirds of the conterminous United States " !!!!!!!!

how bout 'Winter forenoons in the western two thirds of the conterminous United States', Steve ??
Oh winters are indeed getting warmer. U.S. Winters here in Wisconsin
are definitely warmer. I don't need Climate at a Glance to tell me that.

Warmer winters & cooler summers = Mild weather. Those people who tell
us about extreme weather as a consequence of Climate Change need to
tell us that we need to protect our grandchildren from Extreme Mildness.

middleground

Source: NOAA's Climate At a Glance
Those graphs all show that it has been getting warmer since the mid-1970s

p.s. the y-axis should ideally start at zero which would show that the rate of change is 1% to 2%

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies