The Climate Change Debate Thread (Second Thread)

mangaire2

Incorrect, they haven't noticed, didn't you read the OP? Galway and Dublin haven't changed.

From NASA - According to long-term averages estimated from tide gauge measurements, global mean sea level has been rising at a rate of only one to two millimeters per year over the last century.

So satalites that measures sea level in the middle of the ocean (where nobody can verify) show twice the increase of tide gauges, in reality the tide gauges show sea level is rising at same rate it was at the beginning of the 20th century. That's why nobody notices!

It's time for you to come up some immature nonsensical embarrassing gotcha response.
I just had a look at the OP. I hadn't realised that it appears to have nothing to do with the thread title
From NASA - According to long-term averages estimated from tide gauge measurements, global mean sea level has been rising at a rate of only one to two millimeters per year over the last century.
WRONG
as I commented sea level was rising at c. 1.5 during the early decades of the 20th century, but had increase by he end of the century.

"From NASA -", a you say -
Sea Level | NASA Global Climate Change
So satalites that measures sea level in the middle of the ocean (where nobody can verify) show twice the increase of tide gauges, in reality the tide gauges show sea level is rising at same rate it was at the beginning of the 20th century. That's why nobody notices!
mícheart arís - WRONG yet again.
the satellite data agrees with the tide gauge data - "From NASA -",

& WRONG yet again
sea level is now rising at 3.3 mm/year.

you say - "That's why nobody notices!"
WRONG yet again LOL !!!!!!
plenty, including Mangaire2 are aware of the increasing rate of sea level rise,
poor mr Breeal is in denial.
that's why geezers like mr Breeal are known as Deniers,
& that's why poor ol mr Breeal got so much so wrong in his comment.

Breeal

Incorrect, you linked to satalite data, here's what NASA said about tide guage data - According to long-term averages estimated from tide gauge measurements, global mean sea level has been rising at a rate of only one to two millimeters per year over the last century.

Also incorrect about the OP, it states nobody has noticed a difference in tides in Galway and Dublin since 1740. This is because it's all happening in the middle of the ocean (where nobody notices! And nobody is impacted!)
I just had a look at the OP. I hadn't realised that it appears to have nothing to do with the thread title

WRONG
as I commented sea level was rising at c. 1.5 during the early decades of the 20th century, but had increase by he end of the century.

"From NASA -", a you say -
Sea Level | NASA Global Climate Change

mícheart arís - WRONG yet again.
the satellite data agrees with the tide gauge data - "From NASA -",

& WRONG yet again
sea level is now rising at 3.3 mm/year.

you say - "That's why nobody notices!"
WRONG yet again LOL !!!!!!
plenty, including Mangaire2 are aware of the increasing rate of sea level rise,
poor mr Breeal is in denial.
that's why geezers like mr Breeal are known as Deniers,
& that's why poor ol mr Breeal got so much so wrong in his comment.
Incorrect, you linked to satalite data, here is what NASA says about tide guage data - According to long-term averages estimated from tide gauge measurements, global mean sea level has been rising at a rate of only one to two millimeters per year over the last century.

Also incorrect on the OP. The OP state nobody noticed tide changes in Dublin and Galway bays since 1740, I pointed out that nobody is noticing it anywhere else either, this is because all the sea rise is measured in the middle of the ocean (where nobody notices, nobody can verify and nobody is impacted!)

By the way, Tuvalu, the poster child for Alarmists banging on about sea level rise isn't sinking, it's growing - In the four decades to 2014, Tuvalu's total land area grew by 73 hectares, or 2.9 per cent.

This post is the result of a climate realist like me confronting a low IQ Alarmist (you) with some facts about the climate, the result is.......well the result is you! ;)

greencharade

Incorrect, you linked to satalite data, here's what NASA said about tide guage data - According to long-term averages estimated from tide gauge measurements, global mean sea level has been rising at a rate of only one to two millimeters per year over the last century.

Also incorrect about the OP, it states nobody has noticed a difference in tides in Galway and Dublin since 1740. This is because it's all happening in the middle of the ocean (where nobody notices! And nobody is impacted!)

Incorrect, you linked to satalite data, here is what NASA says about tide guage data - According to long-term averages estimated from tide gauge measurements, global mean sea level has been rising at a rate of only one to two millimeters per year over the last century.

Also incorrect on the OP. The OP state nobody noticed tide changes in Dublin and Galway bays since 1740, I pointed out that nobody is noticing it anywhere else either, this is because all the sea rise is measured in the middle of the ocean (where nobody notices, nobody can verify and nobody is impacted!)

By the way, Tuvalu, the poster child for Alarmists banging on about sea level rise isn't sinking, it's growing - In the four decades to 2014, Tuvalu's total land area grew by 73 hectares, or 2.9 per cent.

This post is the result of a climate realist like me confronting a low IQ Alarmist (you) with some facts about the climate, the result is.......well the result is you! ;)
Does NASA have anything to say about gravitational influences on sea levels in the middle of the oceans?

offalypat

with all the rivers running into the sea all over the world it is no wonder the sea is rising

mangaire2

have you been drinking ?
or did you think that your comments were so valuable that you posted them twice ?
at least you didn't take one of those famous Vows of Silence that you & other Deniers here are noted for.
what OP ae you talking about ?
this thread was initiated by Maurice Colgan & it has a pic of Dublin Bay - nothing about sea level !!!!
never mind.
Incorrect, you linked to satellite data, here's what NASA said about tide gauge data
WRONG.
the link I posted was to the NASA site.
it contains two graphs of sea level rise -
1. Satellite, for 1993 to date -sea level rise: c. 85mm
2. Tide Gauge records, for 1880 to date - roughly the same as that indicated in the Satellite record for 1993 to date.

The OP state nobody noticed tide changes in Dublin and Galway bays since 1740, I pointed out that nobody is noticing it anywhere else either, this is because all the sea rise is measured in the middle of the ocean (where nobody notices, nobody can verify and nobody is impacted!)
I don't know what OP you're referring to.
anyway - 1740 to date, is almost 300 years.
with an average sea level rise of 1.5mm p.a., the total rise since 1740 would have been c. 450mm, or c. 18 inches.
now, if a very perceptive geezer lived in Galway or Dublin for the 300 years, & if he was keeping a check on the sea level, he might have …….. ahem ……….. "noticed" the rise, & if he wasn't suffering with Alzheimer's in his latter years, he might possibly remember it LOL !!!!

you reckon that Tide Gauges are located "in the middle of the ocean" ????
it's bad if you've been drinking, but it's much more serious, if you haven't !

I reckon Breeal, that it might have been better for you, if you had taken another of your Vows of Silence !!!
LOL !!!

mangaire2

Does NASA have anything to say about gravitational influences on sea levels in the middle of the oceans?
yes, they do.
they say that the …… ahem …….. "gravitational influences on sea levels in the middle of the oceans" have increased significantly in recent decades & is responsible for the sea level rise.

they can't explain the cause of the change in "gravitational influences" which magically coincided with the increase in CO2, but they think that it may be a result of the Global Warming resulting from the increase in CO2.

mangaire2

with all the rivers running into the sea all over the world it is no wonder the sea is rising
& if that wasn't bad enough Pat,
in addition we have the glaziers melting
& now the ice in Greenland is beginning to melt too,
& all of this goes into the sea too.

we'll all be drowned, says Hanrahan,
before the year is out !!!!!

Breeal

Incorrect, the satalite data shows 3.3/year, the tide guage data does not, hence the link I posted (from NASA) trying explain the descrepincy between tide guages and satalite data. :)

18 inches you say! Well if nobody noticed and nobody is impacted it either isn't happening or its completely irrelevant! What was causing it back in 1740? Your SUV? Too easy!:)

Playing the stupid card isn't going to you any favours, we all know how stupid Alarmists are already.

Breeal

yes, they do.
they say that the …… ahem …….. "gravitational influences on sea levels in the middle of the oceans" have increased significantly in recent decades & is responsible for the sea level rise.

they can't explain the cause of the change in "gravitational influences" which magically coincided with the increase in CO2, but they think that it may be a result of the Global Warming resulting from the increase in CO2.
Hahahaha, mangaire does comedy! Hilarious, absolute.comedy gold! This is what happens when a low IQ Alarmist tries to do science :) :) :)

mangaire2

Hahahaha, mangaire does comedy! Hilarious, absolute.comedy gold! This is what happens when a low IQ Alarmist tries to do science :) :) :)
yeah, the difference is -
if mangaire is funny, it's because he's trying to be funny.
poor Breeal is funny, when he's trying to be serious.

Breeal

yeah, the difference is -
if mangaire is funny, it's because he's trying to be funny.
poor Breeal is funny, when he's trying to be serious.
But you weren't trying to be funny! But boy did I laugh! :)

mangaire2

But you weren't trying to be funny! But boy did I laugh! :)
yeah - you laughed at my reply to your fellow Denier mr greencharade.
I was trying to be funny there,
& i'm glad that you found it funny & that you enjoyed it.

I laugh at you when you're trying to be serious,
but your delusion isn't funny.
& you appear to have discarded your Vows of Silence, for the time being anyway.

Breeal

yeah - you laughed at my reply to your fellow Denier mr greencharade.
I was trying to be funny there,
& i'm glad that you found it funny & that you enjoyed it.

I laugh at you when you're trying to be serious,
but your delusion isn't funny.
& you appear to have discarded your Vows of Silence, for the time being anyway.
Yeah sure you did mangaire! You got me good!:) Hilarious! Go on, do some more science, catch me out again you clever clever man! :) :) :)

mangaire2

Yeah sure you did mangaire! You got me good!:) Hilarious! Go on, do some more science, catch me out again you clever clever man! :) :) :)
yeah "Hilarious" is how you described my reply to mr grencharade.
funny, ok - but "Hilarious" a bit over the top, me thinks.

"catch me out again you clever clever man"
I've lost count of the number of times that I've caught you out in this recent interchange.
catching you out is no challenge at all, at all.
it's like fishing for trout in a trout farm.

owedtojoy

Arctic is looking sick this year ....

A world without ice? Possible by end of the century. Billions depend on glaciers maintaining themselves for their water ....

Breeal

yeah "Hilarious" is how you described my reply to mr grencharade.
funny, ok - but "Hilarious" a bit over the top, me thinks.

"catch me out again you clever clever man"
I've lost count of the number of times that I've caught you out in this recent interchange.
catching you out is no challenge at all, at all.
it's like fishing for trout in a trout farm.
Come on mangaire, stop holding out on us, hit us with some of that science stuff!! :) :) :)

New Threads

Most Replies