The Climate Change Debate Thread (Second Thread)

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com

Loughcrew County Meath.

It's a steep climb to the summit but well worth the effort because of the ancient structure and the panoramic view from the top. There are usually Archaeologists on hand to explain the significance of the site. Tours of the interior are free.
Close by are very interesting gardens, and a cafe.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
Fantastic pics - thanks for sharing them.
My pleasure, bobbysands.

Here is W. B. Yeat's Tower near Gort in Galway.

We camped adjacent to the river at midnight! 1972ish. Woke to see cattle waiting to drink and a farmer smiling all over his face at the jackeens camped on dried cow dung.
We did arise and go then......hurriedly........I still blush to this day at the thought.
The tower is a musueum.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com

The famous Cliffs of Moher in county Clare.

Perhaps the most visited coastal scenery in Ireland. The nearby Arann Isles can be seen in the Atlantic ocean from the cliffs. Flying over them from Shannon one sunny morning was an experience we will never forget. Jewels in the ocean.

GDPR

I have a good few from Arranmore Island off Donegal. Great photos from the ferry over of the little inlets and small beaches

D

Deleted member 17573

The famous Cliffs of Moher in county Clare.

Perhaps the most visited coastal scenery in Ireland. The nearby Arann Isles can be seen in the Atlantic ocean from the cliffs. Flying over them from Shannon one sunny morning was an experience we will never forget. Jewels in the ocean.
The Burren - my favourite place of all - if you get a chance and want a bit of solitude, in a very special place, try the Caher River Valley (turn off the coast road at the church in Fanore).
I really enjoy your posts - keep them coming - thanks;)

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
The Burren - my favourite place of all - if you get a chance and want a bit of solitude, in a very special place, try the Caher River Valley (turn off the coast road at the church in Fanore).
I really enjoy your posts - keep them coming - thanks;)
The Burren, we first discovered it way back in the early 1970s. Dozens of visits later we stil enjoy touring the area.

Thanks sailor, appreciated.
Mr Blobby, We love Donegal.
obie1kanobie, the Beara peninsula was a great discovery for us.

Cael

Beautiful Tara (after the filthy gombeens):

Cael

Have you a photo of scenic Ireland off the beaten track that would turn this thread into a resource for foreigners and curious Irish people? Potential tourists.
If you are a foreigner looking for a decent place to go on holiday, then stay well away from Ireland. You will be robbed from the minute you get here, and treated like a dupe. You will be just treated as a "resource" or an "average spend" and that's precisely how you will be spoken about.

Perhaps, one day in the future the Irish people will rediscover their decency, but, until then, stay away.

Cael

Please remove the graffiti. It's nowhere near Tara. We go there on a regular basis.

The vandalism wasnt done by me, it was done by your chums in the landowners and bankers government. And the M3 goes right through the centre of the Tara Complex. You are lying if you claim otherwise.

Cael

The Irish Middle Classes discuss the budget:

Cael

People will see the Hill of Tara for themselves and know the real liar.

Do you enjoy ruining threads. I dread to think what you would have done to Tara.
I said Tara, not the Hill of Tara. The Hill of Tara is only one small part of the Tara Complex, which is one of the world's most important cultural and historical installations. The motorway goes through the centre of this priceless cultural treasure, and the symbol of Irish sovereignty (which, like Tara, has been destroyed by the greed and ignorance of the modern day Irish.)

Cael

Do you enjoy ruining threads.
Your thread is titled "Discovering Ireland," not "Discovering the Tourist Fantasy Ireland." So, no, Im not ruining your thread, but adding a touch of reality to it.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
I said Tara, not the Hill of Tara. The Hill of Tara is only one small part of the Tara Complex, which is one of the world's most important cultural and historical installations. The motorway goes through the centre of this priceless cultural treasure, and the symbol of Irish sovereignty (which, like Tara, has been destroyed by the greed and ignorance of the modern day Irish.)
Farmers had been turning over the Tara lands on the outskirts of Tara hill for centuries there was little worth saving after that.

By your crazy logic every ancient skull and clay pipe would be revered. Now delete your posts and leave this thread unsullied.

Yes cael, you have destroyed a good thread. Everyone can see that. Try and act decently in public.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies