The coming Cashless Society

Karloff

It seems Greece may be the next launching ground for the bankers' cashless society agenda.

We have all read the news, pundits claimed that tax evasion was the reason for Greece's recession so what better subject for the experiment to outlaw cash and force everyone to place all their money into bank accounts and other cashless systems? This may also explain why the EU has allowed Greece to get into such dire straits in order to make them desperate enough to accept any condition.

People have remarked if there is so much tax evasion in Greece why isn't the economy heating up with all this money around? The answer is that the tax evasion is actually by the rich who send it abroad. They won't be really negatively affected by cashless totalitarianism.

Greece Unleashes 'Soft' Cash Ban | Zero Hedge

Once we are all in the system they will rob us lawfully and openly. The EU is hell bent on implementing this as soon as possible. Opposing this is what real liberal minded people should be doing, not obsessing over Trump tweets.

Karloff

Cashless payments are very handy, i myself see why their popularity is rising. But enthusiasm for the system should not be seen as permission for the outlawing of cash altogether as this dodgy Indo article is suggesting...

Irish enthusiasm for 'cashless society' lures US card firm to Ireland - Independent.ie

An accelerated migration away from cash to contactless payments has led to a decline of hundreds of ATMs around the country, and hundreds more may be turned off as consumers embrace a 'cashless society'.

The rapid rise of debit card use and the spread of contactless payments saw debit card spending in Ireland last year soar to over €30bn, a 20pc increase year-on-year.
Anyway i am seeing the term cashless society cropping up everywhere which means the global movers and shakers have this in their scopes and will not be deflected until we are all forced to be their customers and turn over our money to the control of these private financial enterprises. Hong Kong, India, Australia, Venezuela, Greece - it is being mooted all over the planet, very sinister.

Maybe the only way to resist is to use......... more........ cash.

The significance of this to human freedom is enormous, it simply cannot be understated. You hold cash, it's yours - you can spend it however you want. You only hold money in their account they can block you from spending it, they can charge you negative interest rates, they can bail in using their money when they run into difficulties. It makes us serfs. More sinister it give them the power to crush an individual or organisation's ability to distribute or collect funds - it gives them a level of political control over the individual and the organisation they haven't had in centuries.

johnny365

Irish people use far more cash than most other Europeans in my experience, most Europeans are at the cashless society stage.

gerhard dengler

Cashless payments are very handy, i myself see why their popularity is rising. But enthusiasm for the system should not be seen as permission for the outlawing of cash altogether as this dodgy Indo article is suggesting...

Irish enthusiasm for 'cashless society' lures US card firm to Ireland - Independent.ie

Anyway i am seeing the word cashless society cropping up everywhere which means the global movers and shakers have this in their scopes and will not be deflected until we are all forced to be their customers and turn over our money to the control of these private financial enterprises. Hong Kong, India, Australia, Venezuela, Greece - it is being mooted all over the planet, very sinister.

Maybe the only way to resist is to use......... more........ cash.
A cashless society, apart from being a restriction on rights to transact with whoever one wishes, forcing people to only use "digital" transactions would be an invasion of their privacy as there would be a digital map left of with whom, where, when, they transacted every single transaction.

D

Deleted member 48908

Given their penchant for flat out not paying taxes, Greece is perfect for something like this.

gerhard dengler

Irish people use far more cash than most other Europeans in my experience, most Europeans are at the cashless society stage.
That's not the case in many countries. In Germany and in Italy, retailers prefer cash paying customers.

APettigrew92

Where have you been then? Luxembourg? Switzerland?

The French I've met abhor cards. Distrust of credit and rightly so. They also still print the currency conversion of Euros to Francs at the bottom of receipts. Unsure about that one.

The Germans have some of the oddest and most complex ATM systems in Europe - many require you to only use ATMs belonging to your bank or risk fees of €6 for a single transaction. Same applies on international trips.

Those two collectively make up a huge amount of the EU economy.

Sheeple_Waker

This claim doesn't appear on any reputable website, it links to Zerohedge which in turn links to an anonymous blog, which cites no sources for the claim. A quick google search on the subject will direct you to the website of David Icke.

The claims are also counterintuitive, for instance that this is being done at the behest of the Ministry of Finance to monitor taxable income, but there's no obligation to submit receipts to claim the mooted tax credits? Very fishy, smells like fake news to me.

storybud1

bankers ? oh, for fooks sake, if they are active then it is just loan sharking out whole Countries and in this case the EU, if you give total control of your money or anything to someone else then you are indeed at their mercy.

Borrow for your house /education and maybe a car, any other loan is just vanity.

johnny365

My experience in the bar and retail trade Europeans paying by card far outnumbered us natives, it's just an observation from personal experience.

Karloff

This claim doesn't appear on any reputable website, it links to Zerohedge which in turn links to an anonymous blog, which cites no sources for the claim. A quick google search on the subject will direct you to the website of David Icke.

The claims are also counterintuitive, for instance that this is being done at the behest of the Ministry of Finance to monitor taxable income, but there's no obligation to submit receipts to claim the mooted tax credits? Very fishy, smells like fake news to me.
Here, a Greek news source instead

Greeks unhappy over online banking push

Karloff

In Sweden the war on cash has taken sinister turns like the case of this 91 year old woman who tried to exchange her old mattress money notes for new notes and was refused - told that she had to prove that the money was not acquired through criminal activities.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2016/12/old-lady-denied-life-savings-in-old-banknotes-for-new-issue/

Sweden is one of the countries most enthusiastic for the banning of cash and most trusting of authority generally.

But when Ethel Hülst, 91, tried to exchange her life savings in cash of 108,450 Swedish krona ($12,000; €11,300), she was denied the new issue in exchange for her old notes. The justification was that she was unable to prove that the money had been earned in an honest way, as defined by the government, with the burden of proof on old Ethel.

These are rules against ordinary Joes and Janes supposed to prevent money laundering and terrorism, which accomplish mostly nothing at the same time as the biggest banks are the biggest perpetrators (in the scale of billions-with-a-B) – the same banks that are supposed to enforce these petty rules onto small savers.
This war on terrorism again. It seems they are going to use it to strip us down of all our rights.

Karloff

A cashless society, apart from being a restriction on rights to transact with whoever one wishes, forcing people to only use "digital" transactions would be an invasion of their privacy as there would be a digital map left of with whom, where, when, they transacted every single transaction.
We are in an age where there is snooping on citizens going on everywhere, Google, Microsoft were doing it for the US Govt. However snooping is one thing, they can snoop but they can't penalize you by their snooping. The cashless society is different, we all need to be able to spend and receive money to survive - up to now a large part of that was under our control, in a cashless society we lose that control - in combination with the surveillance society you mention that could be extremely dangerous.

Sotired

In Sweden the war on cash has taken sinister turns like the case of this 91 year old woman who tried to exchange her old mattress money notes for new notes and was refused - told that she had to prove that the money was not acquired through criminal activities.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2016/12/old-lady-denied-life-savings-in-old-banknotes-for-new-issue/

Sweden is one of the countries most enthusiastic for the banning of cash and most trusting of authority generally.

This war on terrorism again. It seems they are going to use it to strip us down of all our rights.
What rights?

gerhard dengler

There is still over 11 billion of banknotes in circulation denominated in Deutschmarks in Germany. This currency was never surrendered since the introduction of the € there.

I've still got a stash of Irish denominated currency.

GDPR

Its a criminal abuse of the poorest in society.

Look at what happened in India when they rolled out plastic only.

It doomed the workers who didnt earn enough to get a bank card. They live on cash in hand.

Aside from the obvious concerns about how we can all lose if the bank shuts off the tap, its just a pro-poverty measure and it will explode in the faces of the people who think they can deprive the under classes of their one source of support.

Accidental sock

Well it's February...

This year, like most years, I'll be cashless until the second week in March....

Stoopid home-made Valentines cards!

ant

Drugs & Prostitution in a cashless society, how does that work... legislation?

Nesuno

It is enslavement pure and simple. (For our own good of course)

New Threads

Most Replies