• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The counter to gun rights: why not allow sale of ICBMs ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Personally I'm pro individual freedom, with very few limits. One of these is that there should be governmental security forces( or government sanctioned ones) and these should be the only people allowed to bear anti-personnel arms.

Else if arms bearing is regarded as a fundamental right: why not allow private sale of InterContinental Ballistic Missiles ? Surely someone, or a group, with a few hundred million should be a allowed to buy a nuclear tipped ICBM ? Can any gun rights advocates defend this counter argument ?

cYp

D

Dylan2010

Ill take 2 and some ebola to go? whats the point of your thread again?

The OD

If these two had their hands on the nuclear trigger for some time:

No reason why a normal, non alcoholic, non brain damaged f*ckwit couldn't do the same.

Ulster-Lad

Personally I'm pro individual freedom, with very few limits. One of these is that there should be governmental security forces( or government sanctioned ones) and these should be the only people allowed to bear anti-personnel arms.

Else if arms bearing is regarded as a fundamental right: why not allow private sale of InterContinental Ballistic Missiles ? Surely someone, or a group, with a few hundred million should be a allowed to buy a nuclear tipped ICBM ? Can any gun rights advocates defend this counter argument ?

cYp
Who says the purchase of ICBMs is illegal? Of course what type of warhead you put on them may be interesting alright.

Are you drunk BTW? This really is a rubbish thread.

Mossy Heneberry

If it is good enough for government forces to be armed, then it is good enough for the citizens to be armed as well.

cYp

Because that's over doing it. A gun will surfice for personnel protection, you do not need a nuclear missle.

R

Ramps

Knock yourself out. If your owning such weapons doesn't interfere with other people, go ahead; although you'd have quite a job proving that in the case of a nuke, I'd imagine.

Ulster-Lad

Is the OP directed to the US or any country that it's citizens are allowed to possess firearms?

Also perhaps the OP should look into how Hitler controlled firearms compared to modern day Germany?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Wait now if they are illegal what is my enemy doing with one?

I thought making things illegal sorts out the problem?
Gun advocates typically argue that making guns illegal would mean that only dangerous criminals would risk using them - and that private gun ownership is needed to protect against that

cYp

Ulster-Lad

Gun advocates typically argue that making guns illegal would mean that only dangerous criminals would risk using them - and that private gun ownership is needed to protect against that

cYp
Please explain how half the population in Switzerland own a gun and they don't seem to have any problems?

nakatomi

Do you think what was done to Cypriot depositors could be done in the US?

Bill

You need a certificate to fly a high powered rocket, to obtain this you need to demonstrate an ability to fly a rocket, so I think you should probably buy two.

Ulster-Lad

Is that not then grounds allowing them to own more lethal weapons, e.g. rocket launchers etc

cYp
If their government wants to allow them to own rocket launchers then that is a Swiss decision is it not? The OP states gun rights or do you have a problem with that?

Mossy Heneberry

cYp
Do you gree with what the gun advocates say?

Also, do you think that criminals will hand in their guns if they are made illegal?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
If their government wants to allow them to own rocket launchers then that is a Swiss decision is it not? The OP states gun rights or do you have a problem with that?
I'm referring generally to anti-personnel weapons

Do you gree with what the gun advocates say?

Also, do you think that criminals will hand in their guns if they are made illegal?
I tend not to agree with the usual positions espoused by gun rights advocates. What the criminals do/don't do is the responsibility of the security forces.

cYp

Ulster-Lad

I'm referring generally to anti-personnel weapons

I tend not to agree with the usual positions espoused by gun rights advocates. What the criminals do/don't do is the responsibility of the security forces.

cYp
Then why did you bring up rocket launchers? Or ICBMs in the OP?

I ask again, are you drunk?

Ulster-Lad

Will the mods put CyP out of his misery?