• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The country is broke but we can afford to give €8 million to cannibals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honecker

How can this government justify giving €8.1 million to the "rebels" in Syria especially after we have evidence that their leaders like to eat the hearts of dead people. Of course this money is classified as "humanitarian" aid. However this money goes to fund a civil war or finds its way into the pockets of rebel commanders. The next time Gilmore is justifying a cut in Child Benefit he should be asked why he is giving money to gangs of cannibals in Syria.

Evening Echo — Ireland one of biggest donors since beginning of Syrian conflict

Heart-eating video raises pressure to end Syrian war - CNN.com

M

MrFunkyZombaloo

How can this government justify giving €8.1 million to the "rebels" in Syria especially after we have evidence that their leaders like to eat the hearts of dead people. Of course this money is classified as "humanitarian" aid. However this money goes to fund a civil war or finds its way into the pockets of rebel commanders. The next time Gilmore is justifying a cut in Child Benefit he should be asked why he is giving money to gangs of cannibals in Syria.

The article says nothing about giving this money to "rebels". On what are you basing that claim?

ruserious

Talk about seeing 2, adding twenty and getting cheese.

twokidsmanybruises

I'm confused. Is the OP criticising the giving of humanitarian aid that should be redirected to domestic needs, or that, by giving humanitarian aid, we are condoning something that should not, in the opinion of the OP, be condoned?

Is it an issue of economics or ethics?

The Field Marshal

Nothing new in the Irish government subventing cannibals in Asia Minor.

Irish aid to Africa has already been utilized for such purposes.

Honecker

I'm confused. Is the OP criticising the giving of humanitarian aid that should be redirected to domestic needs, or that, by giving humanitarian aid, we are condoning something that should not, in the opinion of the OP, be condoned?

Is it an issue of economics or ethics?
I have no problem with legitimate humanitarian aid. But I have a big problem with funding Al Qaeda.

ManOfReason

You really are a piss poor propagandist.

twokidsmanybruises

I have no problem with legitimate humanitarian aid. But I have a big problem with funding Al Qaeda.
Then why mention possible future cuts to CB? It's not relevant.

Sync

/MOD/ There are at least 4 active threads on Syria already, and this issue is discussed there /MOD/

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies