The crossing. RTE 1

firefly123

Just on now. Outstanding bravery from these sailors under very difficult conditions.

Stupid political policy being dealt with in real life by professionals.
The footage is shocking. For all the arm chair generals out there who disparage our navy I hope this changes your view.

johnny365

Great bravery by the navy, however they are encouraging people smuggling and trafficking. A blockade to remove people back to where they left would hit the traffickers.

OrderoftheDragon

Dreadful situation to put our sailors in, I hope they sue the state for PTSD down the road. Coveney is a globalist fool.

firefly123

Great bravery by the navy, however they are encouraging people smuggling and trafficking. A blockade to remove people back to where they left would hit the traffickers.
That is not the job of the navy to decide. Thst is for our useless political class

OrderoftheDragon

Poor poor Italians, who do we think we are ???

johnny365

That is not the job of the navy to decide. Thst is for our useless political class
I totally agree they are being misused and will continue to do so until the political class has a rational debate on this issue. However I fear by the time this happens Europe will be gone too far into a societal castrophe. This programme will be followed by a Claire Byrne propaganda programme with celebs and wealthy people telling us we have to take thousands more, Claire I'm sure won't ask how do they do this in the midst of a housing crisis.

mr_anderson

Dreadful situation to put our sailors in, I hope they sue the state for PTSD down the road. Coveney is a globalist fool.

Post Traumatic Saving Disorder
Definition : A feeling of utter uselessness after you realise you have been a pawn in a globalist agenda.

flavirostris

The migrants are making the crossing because of the naval patrols in the Med. Stop this stupid waste of naval resources now.

flavirostris

Oh would you ever p1ss off?
End the naval patrols and you'll cut down on the drownings in the Med. More of them are making the crossing because they know there's a good chance of being picked up by one of the naval vessels.

darkhorse

Just on now. Outstanding bravery from these sailors under very difficult conditions.

Stupid political policy being dealt with in real life by professionals.
The footage is shocking. For all the arm chair generals out there who disparage our navy I hope this changes your view.
Fair play to them - they are doing a great job
On a political level, more needs to be done to stop the flow
But the rescue efforts are a credit to the country

OrderoftheDragon

It is an insane set up. Absolute stupidity. Our service men and women doing what they can.
I have said it many times on here, they are being abused by our political class coveney started this farce no doubt at the behest of his buddy Sutherland. Outrageous to put our young sailors through this, for a political agenda you can sense the stress levels in the poor sailors.

ShoutingIsLeadership

End the naval patrols and you'll cut down on the drownings in the Med. More of them are making the crossing because they know there's a good chance of being picked up by one of the naval vessels.

Don't pretend that you give a fúck or have a clue. You're an unapologetic racist.

johnny365

What started off as a Syrian refugee crisis had now turned in to free for all and become an African migrant crisis.

Merkel has to be in some way responsible for this she acted alone and threw out EU Asylum law. If these people were returned then this crisis would have calmed down considerably.

Munnkeyman

Tough bloody job. Really tough-working and well trained public sector workers!

ShoutingIsLeadership

What started off as a Syrian refugee crisis had now turned in to free for all and become an African migrant crisis.

Merkel has to be in some way responsible for this she acted alone and threw out EU Asylum law. If these people were returned then this crisis would have calmed down considerably.

That's right, they were fleeing for the laugh

OrderoftheDragon

Not a single Syrian in any of that footage we saw, an illegal African economic migrant transport operation.

New Threads

Most Replies