• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The curious incident of the COW in the Night time

cakeordeath

(...apologies Mark Haddon)

The brutal mutilation of a cow in an isolated field at Clonalisk, Knockearl, Cloughjordan is being investigated by gardai who have appealed for help in solving the heinous crime.

‘The remains of the unfortunate four-year-old animal was discovered in a field by its owner early on Tuesday. Its head was cut off and its innards removed at the scene, but no trace was left of the remainder of the body.’
It is believed the people behind the incident targeted the animal for its meat….

“…Whoever did this knew what they were at,” said Sergeant Pat Curran of Nenagh Garda Station.

It is believed the culprits struck during the hours of darkness. ‘The farmer became suspicious when he went out and saw his other cows in a frightened state.’
He later made the gruesome discovery of the head and entrails. All meat removed.

Gardai investigate brutal mutilation of cow
http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODE/NenaghGuardian/

My vivid imagination cant help but visualize a white forensics tent over the cow’s remains. As to the other cows being in a frightened state my hope for their future would be that they are a dairy heard…

Does the slaughterhouse offer a better faster way? Either way... Yuck.

Irish Times Thursday, April 16, 2009
Cow butchered in Tipperary field - The Irish Times - Thu, Apr 16, 2009

Gardaí said the head had been removed but there was no trace of the carcass, leading them to believe the animal may have been killed for its meat.

A spokesman for the Irish Farmers Association last night issued a warning to farmers to be on the alert to prevent any recurrence of such an incident.

‘There are no known reports in recent times of an animal being killed and butchered on the spot.”

So an animal killed for it’s meat, how primitive is that? Has it come to this?
Was this hunger or lack of credit?

‘Farmers look to your herds.’:eek:

cakeordeath

I mean to carry out a crime like this, ugh....the planning involved. Sorry to be crude, but the mess. Was it a butcher in need of stock? Surely a butcher would have had the wherewithal to have taken the whole cow.

The more worrying scenario is that it was taken by a family for food.

zakalwe1

'cus irish people are vegans????

Eorna

That is unbelievable, a real sign of the times.

myk

(...apologies Mark Haddon)

The brutal mutilation of a cow in an isolated field at Clonalisk, Knockearl, Cloughjordan is being investigated by gardai who have appealed for help in solving the heinous crime.

It is believed the people behind the incident targeted the animal for its meat….

“…Whoever did this knew what they were at,” said Sergeant Pat Curran of Nenagh Garda Station.

It is believed the culprits struck during the hours of darkness. ‘The farmer became suspicious when he went out and saw his other cows in a frightened state.’
He later made the gruesome discovery of the head and entrails. All meat removed.

Gardai investigate brutal mutilation of cow
http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODE/NenaghGuardian/

My vivid imagination cant help but visualize a white forensics tent over the cow’s remains. As to the other cows being in a frightened state my hope for their future would be that they are a dairy heard…

Does the slaughterhouse offer a better faster way? Either way... Yuck.

Irish Times Thursday, April 16, 2009
Cow butchered in Tipperary field - The Irish Times - Thu, Apr 16, 2009

Gardaí said the head had been removed but there was no trace of the carcass, leading them to believe the animal may have been killed for its meat.

A spokesman for the Irish Farmers Association last night issued a warning to farmers to be on the alert to prevent any recurrence of such an incident.

‘There are no known reports in recent times of an animal being killed and butchered on the spot.”

So an animal killed for it’s meat, how primitive is that? Has it come to this?
Was this hunger or lack of credit?

‘Farmers look to your herds.’:eek:

Perhaps it is Gerry Ryan's response to the cut in his RTE salary. He does have a history of this kind of thing.

Mugabe

I posted on p.ie only a few weeks ago about the swans that were snared by eastern europeans, mainly romanians. The breasts were removed.

The river tolka has been fished clean also.

An Gilladaker

i hope the minster of health sets up a dail committee to investigate this it could have been a mad cow the minister needs to act now

cakeordeath

That is unbelievable, a real sign of the times.
In Susan Campbell' book about the great Irish Famine,
"Black Potatoes..." she gives an account of a sixteen year old boy found stealing a cow. The boy was sentenced to transportation. The judge felt that 'Young lads like the prisoner should not be allowed to steal with impunity,"he said,"the best thing would be to send him out of the country."

The poor boy would have been shackled and shipped off to Australia never to return.

Wonder if this butcher faces transportation in shackles......

I can't help but wonder if it was for personal use or for sale.

Eorna

heard on newstalk yesterday she was cozying up to oil sheiks whatever that means she is not available at the moment
What was that line in "Michael Collins"

Some fought for Ireland, but Dev hoored for Ireland"

Bobert

Not easier to catch a trout or shoot something, no?

cakeordeath

...and if the cow was stolen on a Sunday night,surely staff at the butcher shop would wonder where the new stock came from. God Forbid if it's in someones freezer at home.....That would want to be some freezer.
There again, as in all heists they tend to divide the loot don't they. Yuck again.

Bonnie and Clyde........ NOT.

cakeordeath

No its Aliens!:)
I want to believe.......

As the incident in the Clonalisk field could potentially involve Aliens and UFOs ( we don’t know yet) it would be prudent for Defense Minister Willie O’Dea to reassure the public…I feel.

Various hypotheses suggest cattle mutilations have been committed by aliens gathering genetic material for unknown purposes. I saw it on The X-Files.

An Gilladaker

I want to believe.......

As the incident in the Clonalisk field could potentially involve Aliens and UFOs ( we don’t know yet) it would be prudent for Defense Minister Willie O’Dea to reassure the public…I feel.

Various hypotheses suggest cattle mutilations have been committed by aliens gathering genetic material for unknown purposes. I saw it on The X-Files.
is willy not away inspecting some diamond mine or maybe its a gold mine i think he has shares in i think its the queen of the Pd's job to deal with defunct cows

Horace Horse

'cus irish people are vegans????
No, because migrants have form in this regard. There have been attested--not urban myth--cases of sheep and pig slaughtering in the streets of Dublin, while migrant workers have emptied our rivers of their fish stocks.

That's multiculturalism for you!