• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Dáil needs a new Ceann Comhairle

Scribbler

Having watched the Six One News I am now convinced that Sean Barrett is totally unsuitable for the office of Ceann Comhairle. His handling of Gerry Adams complaint about Enda Kennys behaviour was scandalous. He is biased, arrogant and brings the Dáil into disrepute. He is the worst CC I can remember & must be removed from his position sooner rather than later.
Lets hope the opposition can start moving on this.

He is Ceann Comhairle elected by Dail Eireann not anybody else.

Grandstanding attempts at publicity by TDs to make the evening news with absolutely no sincerity behind it make the job even harder.

Perhaps time to remove the cameras.

DSW1916

Maybe Jarry and Pacemakers will take him out ?
Pathetic. Try putting forward an opinion on a thread once in a while rather than a silly remark. That way you won't appear childish and rather foolish!!

Ruff says Flaherty

Having watched the Six One News I am now convinced that Sean Barrett is totally unsuitable for the office of Ceann Comhairle. His handling of Gerry Adams complaint about Enda Kennys behaviour was scandalous. He is biased, arrogant and brings the Dáil into disrepute. He is the worst CC I can remember & must be removed from his position sooner rather than later.
He's what my granny would refer to as "a right ould boll0x"

Tin Foil Hat

He has notions of how male TDs should dress. Would he tell a female TD how to dress?
Not if he values a) his job, and b) his balls still attached to his person.

He's a terrible CC. He has no idea how to chair a crowd without sounding like a primary school teacher. Although, in fairness, it doesn't help that a good chunk of the 165 clowns sitting around him have no clue how to behave.

Mattarigna

The position of ceann comhairle should be non-partisan and independent - not a position that can be exploited by those with a biases towards the government to stifle debate.

Last edited:

lying eyes

And another 100 new TD,S.

DSW1916

Grandstanding attempts at publicity by TDs to make the evening news with absolutely no sincerity behind it make the job even harder.

Certainly, we would have been spared 3 1/2 years of Eammon Gilmore granstanding during the term of the last Dail!!

CHUCK FAGAN

Yep that would solve everything.:roll:

ygargarin

He's the most partisan I can remember - that's going back maybe 25 years since I became politically aware. It's like he's just another fine gael minister. He comes out with amazingly biased stuff.

He must be complying with standing orders or whatever delineates the role, technically . Otherwise he'd have been turfed out ages ago.

Or maybe not. Maybe he's just another example of the arrogant, undemocratic sh1t that we're supposed to lap up because politicians destroyed the country.

onlyasking

Pathetic. Try putting forward an opinion on a thread once in a while rather than a silly remark. That way you won't appear childish and rather foolish!!
Wrong. Eoin's 'opinions' are just as childish and foolish as his 'witticisms'.

gatsbygirl20

He's a terrible CC. He has no idea how to chair a crowd without sounding like a primary school teacher. Although, in fairness, it doesn't help that a good chunk of the 165 clowns sitting around him have no clue how to behave.
He seems to lack the natural authority, gravitas and imperturbability that are surely necessary for the job.

He sounds rather pitiful as he tries to assert control over the rabble, and seems unable to command any natural respect---like a weak teacher who has poor discipline in the classroom.

A good CC should set the correct tone. His ineffectual carping only adds to the embarrassing sense of juvenile mayhem.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies