• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The death of Labour in South Kerry

FloatingVoterTralee

It has just been announced on Radio Kerry that Breda Moynihan-Cronin is definitively retiring from politics, and will not be contesting the 2014 County Council Elections. Her selection had already proven controversial, with grassroots members arguing that her selection had been essentially imposed by HQ and that rival potential candidates were being discouraged from putting their names forward. Of course, this has been a 20-year issue in South Kerry Labour, causing Michael Gleeson to found SKIA, and the resultant acrimony has led to a situation whereby the three electoral wards in South Kerry contain one Labour councillor between them. In many respects, this will probably prove the final nail in AJ Spring's electoral coffin, as he can hardly be involved at the final count without a sufficiently high sweeper transfer from Moloney.

Analyzer

To be honest Kerry only sends clowns to the Dail anyway, so I don't know why this even gets a mention....

Last edited:

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Moloney got a string enough vote last time. If she holds that, and a good chunk of it transfers to Spring, he would surely be in the running for the last seat?

Labour in Sth Kerry is in disarray mind.

Analyzer

But....surely a younger relative somewhere can be found to carry on the family business in politicis ?

Grey Area

To be honest Kerry only sends clowns to the Dail anyway, so I don't know this even gets a mention....

What about Tipperary?

Mentalist Clientelist

In many respects, this will probably prove the final nail in AJ Spring's electoral coffin, as he can hardly be involved at the final count without a sufficiently high sweeper transfer from Moloney.

Is Kerry becoming a one-constituency five seater? If not, how do the Labour goings on in South Kerry affect AJ Spring?

deepness

To be honest Kerry only sends clowns to the Dail anyway, so I don't know this even gets a mention....

there is clowns getting elected all over the island. Bertie, Reilly, Hogan, etc etc
The Healy Raes are just more visible so singling out Kerry is unfair tbh. Hopefully we will see the death of labour in lots of places. Nothing more than they deserve

SeanieFitz

Labour shafted Michael Gleeson (similar to FF shafting JHR and Tom Fleming) and are finding it difficult to recover from that mess. Gleeson would be a far stronger candidate than Moloney.
I agree that AJ may find it difficult to hold his seat, his profile is low, he doesn't appeal to the working class and Ferris will hoover up votes in Tralee, Castleisland and other parts of North Kerry

Analyzer

diaspora-mick

and the other 25 other counties send something different? News to me.
Yeah but only Da Bert from Drumcondra made it to the top.

petunia

Although I'll admit that Albert from the Midlands would give him a run for his money.

PS: Since the tripartite partition of Dublin in the 1990s, there are now 28 counties in the former 26-county entity.

D

Deleted member 17573

Yeah but only Da Bert from Drumcondra made it to the top.

petunia

Although I'll admit that Albert from the Midlands would give him a run for his money.

PS: Since the tripartite partition of Dublin in the 1990s, there are now 28 counties in the former 26-county entity.
If we don't keep a close eye on them the present lot will split a few more counties and proclaim their success in achieving a 32 county republic!

leftsoc

there is clowns getting elected all over the island. Bertie, Reilly, Hogan, etc etc
The Healy Raes are just more visible so singling out Kerry is unfair tbh. Hopefully we will see the death of labour in lots of places. Nothing more than they deserve
It's not just the Healy-Raes.

What about Tom McElistrim?

John O'Donoghue. 'Nuff said.

Was it Denis Foley who 'hoped' he did not have an Ansbacher account.

Dick Spring Labour leader who in retirment collaborated in the destruction of eircom and is now a director of a hedge fund?

Arthur Spring, Labour aristocrat and ex-Anglo employee?

That's some quota for one county. The rest of their recent TDs were so forgetable I can't remember them.

Bea C

I don't think they're mad about the Springs anyway, whatever else.
I dunno what's gonna happen in the new Kerry!
All we an be guaranteed is blood.

SeanieFitz

I don't think they're mad about the Springs anyway, whatever else.
I dunno what's gonna happen in the new Kerry!
All we an be guaranteed is blood.
A 5 seater made up of SF (guaranteed a seat), FG (Jimmy D) , FF (there was 3 FF seats in NK at one stage, they will surely bounce back with a seat), a Healy Rae. That leaves 1 seat which will more than likely go to Lab but may be FG.

SeanieFitz

Cracking picture. Two happy bunnies....

What was Lowry's position again at that time.... while he was sipping Champagne with that lad ?
wonder what is Lowry doing with his left hand to cause Dobbo to smile like that?

Here's your wallet back Dinny!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies