• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Democratic Left takeover of the Labour party, Irish media.

redneck

It seems to me as if the ex Democratic Left have obtained power beyond their wildest dreams. I am an ex Labour party member myself. Ex Atheists and Communist, with some aging "hippy types" in FG, are running the country. I voted for EU in nearly all the Referendum. Where is the opposition? A trait of the DL is stong dislike of debate, love of the EU and USA and large paypackets, and hatred of Sinn Féin. They used to be called the Stickies.
I have voted Labour myself in the last General election. But very stongly disagree with their anti Family agenda. Do we need FF back again? Well I reluctantly must agree. Where is the opposition? A handful of Garda, a few Priests and Pro lifers, and of course SF and the Independents- a motley crew unfortunately. Anyway has anyone the nerve to challenge this Democratic Left politburo, I hope so.

Analyzer

The Frank Ross Faction have achieved their long term aim. They got their snouts into the trough. A collection of unprincipled careerist hypocrites. In the 1980s they were revering Dear Leader Kim, and DDR boss Erich Honnecker. Then they changed tack when that fell apart and became the champion of anybody whose votes they could buy with other people's money. Now they are just a collection of schemers telling fibs to get elected, and selling sites to the state for half a million.

bye bye mubarak

The Frank Ross Faction have achieved their long term aim. They got their snouts into the trough. A collection of unprincipled careerist hypocrites. In the 1980s they were revering Dear Leader Kim, and DDR boss Erich Honnecker. Then they changed tack when that fell apart and became the champion of anybody whose votes they could buy with other people's money. Now they are just a collection of schemers telling fibs to get elected, and selling sites to the state for half a million.
DAre you that anti Irish language you cannot bring yourself to give De Rossa his correct name. Maybe you are one of these west brits who think we shouldn't have left the empire.

redneck

Strange, I thought Denis O'Brien controlled most of the media in Ireland?
He does'nt control the Daily Mail obviously and RTE also. Yes it is true he does own a huge segment of the media, I like Denis- he is an improvement on the O Reilly clan without doubt. But he was found guilty by a tribunal of "corruption" . So his ownership of the Irish media is an example of a small clique obtaining money and influence beyond his wildest dreams.

SilverSpurs

It seems to me as if the ex Democratic Left have obtained power beyond their wildest dreams. I am an ex Labour party member myself. Ex Atheists and Communist, with some aging "hippy types" in FG, are running the country. I voted for EU in nearly all the Referendum. Where is the opposition? A trait of the DL is stong dislike of debate, love of the EU and USA and large paypackets, and hatred of Sinn Féin. They used to be called the Stickies.
I have voted Labour myself in the last General election. But very stongly disagree with their anti Family agenda. Do we need FF back again? Well I reluctantly must agree. Where is the opposition? A handful of Garda, a few Priests and Pro lifers, and of course SF and the Independents- a motley crew unfortunately. Anyway has anyone the nerve to challenge this Democratic Left politburo, I hope so.
The stickies and the trots punch far beyond their weight proving the effectiveness of the entryist tactics employed from the late 80's onwards as it was no longer feasible to be openly hard left. A good example is the 'consensus' on issues of public controversy that eminates from media and political circles.

redneck

By the way Sinn Féin have been taken over by it seems the ex-Communist party of Ireland. Did Bobby Sands die for "reproductive rights" I think not.

redneck

I hope Joan Burton can start a fightback against the "Workers party" element who have taken over the Labour party. Time to fightback against Gilmore, Bacik, and others.

friendlyfire

I hope Joan Burton can start a fightback against the "Workers party" element who have taken over the Labour party. Time to fightback against Gilmore, Bacik, and others.
Did she come out in support of Roisín Shortall?

If you think that installing Burton as leader will bring a turn around in your support what is stopping the heave?.

Your party conference has again been pushed out,the Irish Labour party in the centenary year of the Dublin lockout is running away from it's grassroots..... that is all you need to know about 'real Labour'.

Auld Cynic

Most of the old Stickie generation who waited 40 years for power such as Rabbitte, Gilmore, Kathleen Lynch etc. will either retire or lose their seats next time & so will be off the scene.

It will be up to 'proper' Labour such as Alan Kelly to rebuild the party. The trouble is, though, that every generation wants to serve in Government and the same thing will happen two or three elections from now - Labour will have built up, gone into Govt.,got blamed for what went wrong & will be kicked out, thus repeating the familiar cycle.

Boy M5

The stickies and the trots punch far beyond their weight proving the effectiveness of the entryist tactics employed from the late 80's onwards as it was no longer feasible to be openly hard left. A good example is the 'consensus' on issues of public controversy that eminates from media and political circles.
Like the property bubble wasn't a bubble.

Interestingly La Finucane questioned Gimmeemore about his stickie past prior to the last election.
He said he joined the Republican Clubs at UCG.
Of course the Republican Clubs weren't a front organisation....

Boy M5

Did she come out in support of Roisín Shortall?

If you think that installing Burton as leader will bring a turn around in your support what is stopping the heave?.

Your party conference has again been pushed out,the Irish Labour party in the centenary year of the Dublin lockout is running away from it's grassroots..... that is all you need to know about 'real Labour'.
There's plenty of good people in Labour still.
They just don't have the same prominence as the Stickies.

Labour does need to represent the working class. Let's face it. Most of us are on working class budgets these days,

Boy M5

@Redneck, thank you for an interesting OP.
Who are the ageing hippy types in FG.
I thought Vlad and Baby Brutal are more a smoking jacket kind of fella, i know Reilly looks a bit like a fella from a Dubliners tribute band but they weren't hippies.

Somehow i have images of a more hirstute Michael Noonan wearing a kaftan.

punchdrunk

Just look at Labour's obsession with pushing through abortion as a "solution" for suicide ideation. Six experts at the health committee meetings (some pro-life others pro-abortion) declared that abortion was not a solution for suicide ideation. Yet Rabbitte, Gilmore and company plough ahead with what they know is wrong pretending that they are protecting women's health. The Workers Party/DL rump has taken over the Labour Party with their anti family agenda.

Auld Cynic

Just look at Labour's obsession with pushing through abortion as a "solution" for suicide ideation. Six experts at the health committee meetings (some pro-life others pro-abortion) declared that abortion was not a solution for suicide ideation. Yet Rabbitte, Gilmore and company plough ahead with what they know is wrong pretending that they are protecting women's health. The Workers Party/DL rump has taken over the Labour Party with their anti family agenda.
They think it will distract from their economic and labour relations policies and keep the support of some Sisters.

punchdrunk

They think it will distract from their economic and labour relations policies and keep the support of some Sisters.
The Workers Party/DL always had extreme anti family policies.. They are now using the Labour Party to progress these policies.
Rabbittes/Gilmores views on abortion were blown out of the water at the health committee meetings. The six experts demolished the idea that abortion is a solution for suicide ideation. Yet Rabbitte/Gilmore persist in driving through what is wrong. Damn well they know it is wrong but pigheadedly they persist.

Big Brother

Yep.

Ex DL/WP types are prominent not just in RTE but in unions and of course two most powerful positions in labour (leader & ex leader).

Real Labour are cowed because they know Gilmore & Rabbitte have media sown up

FG are cowed for same reason.

WP/DL understood early on that if you control the media, you control the country.

That is why in 1982 they did a deal with Haughey that was a stroke of genius. In return for propping up his corrupt regime they got as many of their people in RTE promoted as possible.

The legacy still haunts us today.

And that culture of omerta and intimidation still rules the broadcast media world today where although most media types have no time for WP prescriptions on the economy, they share and push their cultural agenda with a ferocity that even old WP types would never have dared to

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Stickies and Trots - useful idiots for the establishment. They needed only one qualification, being anti Republican.

Auld Cynic

Yep.

Ex DL/WP types are prominent not just in RTE but in unions and of course two most powerful positions in labour (leader & ex leader).

Real Labour are cowed because they know Gilmore & Rabbitte have media sown up

FG are cowed for same reason.

WP/DL understood early on that if you control the media, you control the country.

That is why in 1982 they did a deal with Haughey that was a stroke of genius. In return for propping up his corrupt regime they got as many of their people in RTE promoted as possible.

The legacy still haunts us today.

And that culture of omerta and intimidation still rules the broadcast media world today where although most media types have no time for WP prescriptions on the economy, they share and push their cultural agenda with a ferocity that even old WP types would never have dared to
Who did they get promoted in RTE in the 1980s? Maybe you can't say for legal reasons but I'd be fascinated to know.

IbrahaimMohamad

We need a fight back against the left!