The destruction of Aleppo, Syria .. before / after pictures .. no words can describe

robut

Thought it appropriate to add this here. We have discussed the wars in the middle east, Syria and so on but rarely discuss with much depth the other side of war - the destruction of a place that once many many proud people ( like us ) called Home.

Olympia Restaurant, which calls Aleppo home, has published old photos of Aleppo alongside newer photos captured in the same locations after the war began.

Ancient locations that are categorized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO have been reduced to rubble through looting, burning, and destruction.
25 Before and After Pics Reveal What War Has Done to Syria

Here is one of many many in that article:

BEFORE & AFTER:

Last edited:

an innocent abroad

Thought it appropriate to add this here. We have discussed the wars in the middle east, Syria and so on but rarely discuss with much depth the other side of war - the destruction of a place that once many many proud people (

Here is one of many many in that article:

BEFORE & AFTER:

Dehumanise them, destroy their ancient culture, destroy their huge educational achievements, destroy their childrens futures.

Bring them down to the lower level of the rustic belt in the U.S..Repeal and Replace is not just about medicare...

They were a very successful secular state...

Too much for the U.S.

Last edited:

GDPR

Aleppo was destroyed by mass aerial bombardment. That was carried out by Russia. Not the USA, not even the forces loyal to Assad.

It was deliberate and systematic.

Incendiary weapons, cluster bombs and chemical weapons were used on the people under siege. Its a myth to say they were targeted at ISIL. How could they be?

I am disgusted at the fake talk on here that Russia destroyed Aleppo in order to save it.

The city was razed as a show of brute force and it had nothing to do with taking on Islamism. The message was to the people of Syria, not the Jihadis.

GDPR

Funny how nobody is Aleppo is calling for return of US / UK supported babarians.
What do you know about the people in Aleppo? Do you have your ear to the ground? Do you know what they want? If so, please tell us.

I'm rather guessing it isn't more Russian indiscriminate bombing, but that's too easy, isn't it?

The Field Marshal

This destruction is the direct result of truly malevolent American foreign policy under the Obama administration and the now inept whats his name with the funny hair.

robut

I added this here ( From my perspective only ) NOT to raise the argument about who is to blame. Work away everyone else, just explaining my motivation for the add.

It literally was posted by me just to show the destruction of war on a place that is called home by people just like us. This could be Dublin or Cork if war were to happen.

We spend alot of time here argueing who did what, who is to blame etc .. rarely do we discuss or consider the utter futility and destruction of war. It is amazing how some here in the past and present even give a feeling that they would welcome war, a world war .. Be careful what one wishes for, these photos illustrate one part of the end result .. while not showing the human destruction

The before images show the average Aleppo resident going about their daily business, its now hard to imagine such a time and possibly such a place of ancient beauty.

Last edited:

GDPR

This destruction is the direct result of truly malevolent American foreign policy under the Obama administration and the now inept whats his name with the funny hair.
The destruction is the direct result of Russian indiscriminate bombing.

The Russians do however discriminate when they permit Trump to bomb an evacuated air base to show he "means business".

I'm sorry, you guys. You backed entirely the wrong horse as usual. Its on you morally for cheer-leading Putin. You live with it. Plenty people don't have that option.

I'm sure they will rest easy knowing Piesters thought Putin was the Good Guy and Obama quite a Wrong Sort.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
It's a pity this descended into the usual finger-pointing. These images are horrifying and they are only a fraction of the destruction wrecked in that ancient land. Aleppo was one of the greatest cities in the World, never mind the Middle East. It's great Ommayad Mosque, the mighty citadel,the city gates and the Souq were monuments that could stand with any in the world.

Last edited:

Trampas

Thought it appropriate to add this here. We have discussed the wars in the middle east, Syria and so on but rarely discuss with much depth the other side of war - the destruction of a place that once many many proud people ( like us ) called Home.

Aleppo, Homs and Damascus were centres of trade and culture for thousands of years before the curse of Islam descended on this benighted planet. Pitiful.

The Field Marshal

Aleppo, Homs and Damascus were centres of trade and culture for thousands of years before the curse of Islam descended on this benighted planet. Pitiful.
The curse of Islam descended on this benighted planet allied with a corrupt malevolent USA foreign policy.

It is that US policy that has fuelled the entire problem.

The Field Marshal

The destruction is the direct result of Russian indiscriminate bombing.

The Russians do however discriminate when they permit Trump to bomb an evacuated air base to show he "means business".

I'm sorry, you guys. You backed entirely the wrong horse as usual. Its on you morally for cheer-leading Putin. You live with it. Plenty people don't have that option.

I'm sure they will rest easy knowing Piesters thought Putin was the Good Guy and Obama quite a Wrong Sort.
You completely fail to appreciate that this Syrian war would have ended long ago had the USA refrained from assisting the anti Assad forces.
[all part of their profoundly perfidious anti Russian and anti EU strategy]

Assad would have been victorious and peace would have been restored.

Whats his name POTUS with the funny hair is just a tool in the hands of the malevolent fools running the US industrial military complex which now feeds off every wound in the area.

offalypat

You completely fail to appreciate that this Syrian war would have ended long ago had the USA refrained from assisting the anti Assad forces.
[all part of their profoundly perfidious anti Russian and anti EU strategy]

Assad would have been victorious and peace would have been restored.

Whats his name POTUS with the funny hair is just a tool in the hands of the malevolent fools running the US industrial military complex which now feeds off every wound in the area.
did the u.s. get assad to capture and torture and kill all those boys which really started the war in syria.what was assad doing by arresting all those youths in the first place.

The Field Marshal

did the u.s. get assad to capture and torture and kill all those boys which really started the war in syria.what was assad doing by arresting all those youths in the first place.
Don't be petty.
The Us armed and supported the assad opposition and also isis terrorists.

The war would have ended long ago had the malevolent bastards in the US stayed out of it.

This is part of their global strategy to keep friction going between Russia, Russias allies and Europe.

It is malevolent, it is evil and many profoundly idiotic European political leaders have fallen completely for it.

Telstar 62

Our resident Leftards take fake news to new levels of idiocy.:p

Trump's missile strike against their favourite war criminal
must have touched a few nerves.;)

Not that they need any excuse to go ape sh it, where the Yanks
are concerned!!!:lol:

razorblade

This is the legacy of western intervention in the ME, beautiful cities turned to dust, homes destroyed, countless deaths, the US and their proxy allies have blood on their hands.

This is the legacy of western intervention in the ME, beautiful cities turned to dust, homes destroyed, countless deaths, the US and their proxy allies have blood on their hands.
Not all the cities of the Paymasters in the UAE and Saudi are not destroyed.

The Field Marshal

Our resident Leftards take fake news to new levels of idiocy.:p

Trump's missile strike against their favourite war criminal
must have touched a few nerves.;)

Not that they need any excuse to go ape sh it, where the Yanks
are concerned!!!:lol:
My entire posting history has been anti left wing as anybody who knows my posts will verify.

I hold little truck either for Assad and not much for Putin [who is the cleverest and canniest world leader at the moment].

The reality is the USA has manufactured this Syrian civil war problem as a proxy tactic to prevent Russian influence in the region and to prevent Russian rapprochement with the EU.

IT IS TRULY MALEVOLENT.

Poster like you support that malevolence and have the blood of Syrian children and adults on your head.

Shame on you.

New Threads

Most Replies