The devil never went away ... don't shuffle around the perpetrator ...shuffle around the social worker

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The devil never went away ... don't shuffle around the perpetrator ...shuffle around the social worker

If you ever visit the district or children's courts...and the issue of the welfare of a minor comes up...you'll notice a lot of "pass the parcel" going on

Some particularly vicious types are in the upper end of middle management in the HSE ...and they will do everythign they can so that the HSE can at a corporate level effect the "I know nothing" strategy

[video=youtube;s6EaoPMANQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EaoPMANQM[/video]

Child in care had 20 changes of access supervisor in two years
A child in care has had 20 changes of supervising personnel during access visits with her father in the past two years, the Dublin District Child Care Court has been told. Under cross-examination in an application to retain the child in care until adulthood, a clinical psychologist agreed it was “not conducive” to good access to have multiple changes in personnel, but the girl’s case was “not too different to others, unfortunately”.
I am aware of at least one Minister for Health ...a heavy drinking party animal ...who got viler than usual when attempts were made to bring this to their attention

The day of shuffling the perpetrator is over ...shuffling the case worker...has been the trick since perhaps 20 years back ...

Yet the HSE/DSP will find plenty of case workers to deal with middle class adoption ...or prodding people with work history back to work

It is not under resourcing that's the problem...but avoidance of hard/meaningful/risky work

cyp

Rural

They have changed the name and the logo, but it's still the old "Health Board" system, with the same old attitudes and faces.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
They have changed the name and the logo, but it's still the old "Health Board" system, with the same old attitudes and faces.
It really is quite awful ...the mandarins in the HSE know exactly what game they are playing - I can certainly recall them sending two barristers + external + inhouse solicitor to the District Court once , on a minor matter where the judge had the temerity to ask what community support programmes there might be for a recidivist young offender (it was an odd case, there's good reason it escaped the Children's Court)

cyp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I am disturbed that the plebs here don't get the significance of the above story

Since a certain bigwig helped the heroin epidemic along in Dublin - the State has abandoned tens of thousands of their children

The idiots in the HSE don't really understand any longer why it is said children must be thrown under the bus...they continue to do it because it is customary ...

cyp

patslatt

I am disturbed that the plebs here don't get the significance of the above story

Since a certain bigwig helped the heroin epidemic along in Dublin - the State has abandoned tens of thousands of their children

The idiots in the HSE don't really understand any longer why it is said children must be thrown under the bus...they continue to do it because it is customary ...

cyp
REFORMS?

What reforms would you like?

A doctor friend who worked in a high crime area abroad was asked by a government civil servant for advice on how to deal with children suffering neglect and abuse from drug addicted and alcoholic parents. The doctor's ruthless advice was perceived as too difficult by the civil servant, such as cutting welfare payments,threatening eviction and threatening to put children in care to correct bad parental behaviour. The doctor felt that the ruthlessness of the addict in pursuit of the drug could only be checked by ruthless disciplinary action. THis is difficult to do in democracies conscious of human rights.

As well, dealing with complicated family crises requires considerable wisdom and experience from social workers but going by reports of horribly bungled UK cases, many social workers are clueless. Maybe people attracted to social work are the least qualified for the job!

Seanie Lemass

REFORMS?

What reforms would you like?

A doctor friend who worked in a high crime area abroad was asked by a government civil servant for advice on how to deal with children suffering neglect and abuse from drug addicted and alcoholic parents. The doctor's ruthless advice was perceived as too difficult by the civil servant, such as cutting welfare payments,threatening eviction and threatening to put children in care to correct bad parental behaviour. The doctor felt that the ruthlessness of the addict in pursuit of the drug could only be checked by ruthless disciplinary action. THis is difficult to do in democracies conscious of human rights.

As well, dealing with complicated family crises requires considerable wisdom and experience from social workers but going by reports of horribly bungled UK cases, many social workers are clueless. Maybe people attracted to social work are the least qualified for the job!

I was in Trinners with people who became social workers. Honestly, they were among the most naïve people I ever met. Lambs among wolves to the scum they deal with.

freewillie

I was in Trinners with people who became social workers. Honestly, they were among the most naïve people I ever met. Lambs among wolves to the scum they deal with.
Trinners!! FFS who are you? David Norris?

Catalpast

Go stand outside the 'Children's Court' next time there is session on

- er on second thoughts don't!

There are very few Oliver Twist types standing around

Rural

Go stand outside the 'Children's Court' next time there is session on

- er on second thoughts don't!

There are very few Oliver Twist types standing around
I don't believe people are born like that, it takes society and lousy parents (who probably had lousy parents themselves) to create these troubled young people.

popular1

I was not at trinners or anything like it
But i know 4 people who became aocial workers and they were the most inadequate people you could meet
It was a handy job amd made them feel good

Rural

But i know 4 people who became aocial workers and they were the most inadequate people you could meet
Either a fair percentage of them are like that or we've met the same people. Oh and they love meetings and meetings about meetings!

Socratus O' Pericles

Ah! It's all the public servant's fault. Glad p.ie has clarified that for me. Privatise it . Case closed.

Socratus O' Pericles

All I can tell you is that if you believe Social Worker is a " handy job" you know little about it.

Rural

Ah! It's all the public servant's fault. Glad p.ie has clarified that for me. Privatise it . Case closed.
No it's not all the fault of Public Servants, not one bit, but the Health Boards (and I will call them that, because they are the same beast they were pre HSE) have this culture which would wear down the most enthusiastic recruits, if a Social Worker was to do the job properly, they would have to work for free as they are only paid for so many hours in a week and they would have to skip all those unnecessary meetings, which would then look bad on their annual assessment.

It needs a good shake up at the top!

HarshBuzz

Either a fair percentage of them are like that or we've met the same people. Oh and they love meetings and meetings about meetings!
My wife is a social worker and works damn hard on behalf of people who have had little chance in life.

I wouldn't\couldn't do her job and I bet you couldn't either.

Lúidín

To some extent, the charity industry is the privatised social welfare system. Large sums are soaked up from decent people and filtered into luxury lifestyles for a few and the State off-loads some of its responsibilites.

popular1

All I can tell you is that if you believe Social Worker is a " handy job" you know little about it.
why do you say that, taken in the context of the environment they came from it is a handy job
when you you consider that their parents and themselves and their peers spent most of
there lives working on roads and building sites in all weathers, it is a handy job.

being a social workers or a health care worker can be a handy job, if you dont care
my wife is a health care worker and it is very trying, why because she cares
there are many of her colleagues for who is is a handy job for them because they dont care
and unfortunately for the service users there are too many who dont care

the people i have mentioned i know all my life, i know its a handy job for them and they know it.
But you know better

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies