The disappearance of Sen. John Edwards....

mccafferty cat

Active member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
137
Something that has been on my mind lately, and has come up in nerdy pub conversation, has been the sudden disappearance of St. John Edwards from the current political speculation in the US, and the sudden absence of his name from all articles and Network discussions on possible VP picks and/or Cabinet appointments.

From being a ubiquitous feature in such columns over, firstly, who he would support (Clinton or Obama), and secondly over his potential VP/AG credentials, he has virtually disappeared from view and from that of all the pundits, following Clinton's withdrawal from the race.

Then, this morning I came across this article, which gives ample, credible and pretty shocking reasons why he has disappeared from view, and why the issue in question has been buried so suddenly by all sides.

I am reluctant to quote it for legal reasons (although I think it unlikely that Edwards would sue this website), but the article was posted up on RealClearPolitics.com this morning - hardly a smear/rumour website, and in fact one of the most credited non-partisan US political sites.

If Saint John has such a dark secret, then how long will it be before Barack Obama - the greatest thing since Christ himself - comes crashing down as well?
 


NotDevsSon

Active member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
174
The National Enquirer broke the story a week ago but the mainstream media have chosen not to publish it, given that Mrs Edwards is dying of cancer. It was unusual to see the US tabloids show such restraint. It is perhaps better to leave the story for now, given what the Edwards family is going through with Mrs Edwards' cancer. The story will still be there, if true, in a few months time. With his wife so ill, now is not the time to discuss this story, especially as he is not a candidate for anything anymore, and is not seriously in the running for the VEEP spot for this very reason.

BTW your attempt to smear Obama by association is beneath contempt. There are no grounds for suggesting that Obama has behaved the way Edwards allegedly behaved. Your attempt to suggest someone is guilty until proven innocent is contemptible.
 

FutureTaoiseach

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
7,980
Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Imagine if he had been given the VP nomination before this had come out. Suddenly the delay of both camps on this matter seems a very wise decision. Maybe this is an argument for the 2 camps to choose an ugly VP, in order that the risks of something like this are smaller. ;)
 

TradCat

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
1,989
Imagine if he'd won the nomination. He would have destroyed the Democrats.

If Saint John has such a dark secret, then how long will it be before Barack Obama - the greatest thing since Christ himself - comes crashing down as well?
That makes no sense.
 

mccafferty cat

Active member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
137
TradCat said:
Imagine if he'd won the nomination. He would have destroyed the Democrats
:D

Sigh! What might have been....

This Edwards thing though, is a scandal of earthquake proportions. It puts all other previous personal "scandals" - Lewinsky, the handsy Congressman, the "gay" Senator - all in the shade
 

mccafferty cat

Active member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
137
TradCat said:
Imagine if he'd won the nomination. He would have destroyed the Democrats.

If Saint John has such a dark secret, then how long will it be before Barack Obama - the greatest thing since Christ himself - comes crashing down as well?
That makes no sense.
My point is, if someone as saintly and squeaky clean as John Edwards (who was, in many ways, Barack Obama Mark 1) can have such a grubby secret, then Barack Obama - a guy with a closet bursting with skeletons - may not be far behind
 

wysiwyg

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
366
NotDevsSon said:
The National Enquirer broke the story a week ago but the mainstream media have chosen not to publish it, given that Mrs Edwards is dying of cancer. It was unusual to see the US tabloids show such restraint. It is perhaps better to leave the story for now, given what the Edwards family is going through with Mrs Edwards' cancer. The story will still be there, if true, in a few months time. With his wife so ill, now is not the time to discuss this story, especially as he is not a candidate for anything anymore, and is not seriously in the running for the VEEP spot for this very reason.

BTW your attempt to smear Obama by association is beneath contempt. There are no grounds for suggesting that Obama has behaved the way Edwards allegedly behaved. Your attempt to suggest someone is guilty until proven innocent is contemptible.
And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...
 

Victor Meldrew

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
7,059
Well, even if Obama bombs with some scandal, that's Edwards sunk as the lifeboat.

I put €10 on Mc Cain at 12-1 and €10 on Edwards at 25-1 (at the time Obama was a nobody on silly odds...)

Regrettably , I still think McCain will win.

I used to like Edwards, but a PBS interview recently, turned me. Creepy, very creepy. I agree that it should be left alone out of respect for his wife though.
 

TradCat

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
1,989
mccafferty cat said:
TradCat said:
Imagine if he'd won the nomination. He would have destroyed the Democrats.

If Saint John has such a dark secret, then how long will it be before Barack Obama - the greatest thing since Christ himself - comes crashing down as well?
That makes no sense.
My point is, if someone as saintly and squeaky clean as John Edwards (who was, in many ways, Barack Obama Mark 1) can have such a grubby secret, then Barack Obama - a guy with a closet bursting with skeletons - may not be far behind
Edwards having a grubby secret has no effect on the likelihood of Obama having one. He either does or he does not. Do you think only a scandal can stop him? You must not think much of McCain.
 

mccafferty cat

Active member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
137
wysiwyg said:
And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...
:? Is this your answer to everything? And what is it with some people's obsession with the guy?
 

NotDevsSon

Active member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
174
wysiwyg said:
NotDevsSon said:
The National Enquirer broke the story a week ago but the mainstream media have chosen not to publish it, given that Mrs Edwards is dying of cancer. It was unusual to see the US tabloids show such restraint. It is perhaps better to leave the story for now, given what the Edwards family is going through with Mrs Edwards' cancer. The story will still be there, if true, in a few months time. With his wife so ill, now is not the time to discuss this story, especially as he is not a candidate for anything anymore, and is not seriously in the running for the VEEP spot for this very reason.

BTW your attempt to smear Obama by association is beneath contempt. There are no grounds for suggesting that Obama has behaved the way Edwards allegedly behaved. Your attempt to suggest someone is guilty until proven innocent is contemptible.
And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...
Heath of a youth wing???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not been young enough to belong to the youth wing of any political party for decades!!! One woman I was in college with has a 19 year old son!!!! And she and I are about the same age.
 

wysiwyg

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
366
mccafferty cat said:
wysiwyg said:
And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...
:? Is this your answer to everything? And what is it with some people's obsession with the guy?
Your a nasty piece of work Walsh.. however, you're unbelievably stupid as well.. you are simply unable to cover up your ignorance in any new identity for long... mind you, it's interesting that you should choose to smear a candidate.. you did that yourself to a fellow YFG member in the past if my memory of student politics serves me correct

The possibility of you achieving any kind of office with any kind of power is what keeps the good people of FG away from power
 

wysiwyg

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
366
NotDevsSon said:
wysiwyg said:
NotDevsSon said:
The National Enquirer broke the story a week ago but the mainstream media have chosen not to publish it, given that Mrs Edwards is dying of cancer. It was unusual to see the US tabloids show such restraint. It is perhaps better to leave the story for now, given what the Edwards family is going through with Mrs Edwards' cancer. The story will still be there, if true, in a few months time. With his wife so ill, now is not the time to discuss this story, especially as he is not a candidate for anything anymore, and is not seriously in the running for the VEEP spot for this very reason.

BTW your attempt to smear Obama by association is beneath contempt. There are no grounds for suggesting that Obama has behaved the way Edwards allegedly behaved. Your attempt to suggest someone is guilty until proven innocent is contemptible.
And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...
Heath of a youth wing???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not been young enough to belong to the youth wing of any political party for decades!!! One woman I was in college with has a 19 year old son!!!! And she and I are about the same age.
I know you arent in YFG.. your maturity as a poster reflects that... but Mc Caffertys Cat is... and he's what gives FG a bad name to be frank
 

youngdan

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
1,371
You are a disgrace. When I was on here last year laughing my arse off that Edwards was after getting some ho up the pole you were back straight away with your rolling eyes. Now you say the story was broken last week.

Well it's time to change the napkin bucause it is as full of shythe as you are
 

NotDevsSon

Active member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
174
wysiwyg said:
NotDevsSon said:
wysiwyg said:
NotDevsSon said:
The National Enquirer broke the story a week ago but the mainstream media have chosen not to publish it, given that Mrs Edwards is dying of cancer. It was unusual to see the US tabloids show such restraint. It is perhaps better to leave the story for now, given what the Edwards family is going through with Mrs Edwards' cancer. The story will still be there, if true, in a few months time. With his wife so ill, now is not the time to discuss this story, especially as he is not a candidate for anything anymore, and is not seriously in the running for the VEEP spot for this very reason.

BTW your attempt to smear Obama by association is beneath contempt. There are no grounds for suggesting that Obama has behaved the way Edwards allegedly behaved. Your attempt to suggest someone is guilty until proven innocent is contemptible.
And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...
Heath of a youth wing???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not been young enough to belong to the youth wing of any political party for decades!!! One woman I was in college with has a 19 year old son!!!! And she and I are about the same age.
I know you arent in YFG.. your maturity as a poster reflects that... but Mc Caffertys Cat is... and he's what gives FG a bad name to be frank
Sorry, I see your sentence was open to two different meanings. (It would have been clearer if you had a comma after the word 'wing'.) I thought you were saying I was the head of YFG. I almost choked laughing at the idea. I am of an age where grey hairs now outnumber coloured hairs on my head! And that bald spot is growing annoyingly! :oops:
 

mccafferty cat

Active member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
137
wysiwyg said:
I know you arent in YFG.. your maturity as a poster reflects that... but Mc Caffertys Cat is...
I most certainly am not, and I don't know on what basis you keep saying that I am.

Do you have access to the identities of members of this site or something?
 

NotDevsSon

Active member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
174
youngdan said:
You are a disgrace. When I was on here last year laughing my arse off that Edwards was after getting some ho up the pole you were back straight away with your rolling eyes. Now you say the story was broken last week.

Well it's time to change the napkin bucause it is as full of shythe as you are
1. It is standard in the real world to expect actual evidence, not your wild claims, as evidence of something. This story broke last week. National Enquirer may not have a lot of credibility, but they have more than you have. (Remember your stating as fact that Ron Paul would win the Republican nomination? There was no ifs or buts about it. You claimed to know he would win, when in fact, despite having a mass internet campaign the guy bombed.)

2. Your description of the other person involved as a 'ho' speaks volumes about you.
 

youngdan

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
1,371
She is a HO. What else would you call a woman who rides a man while his wife is dying of cancer. An ugly one at that by gad.

This story was the subject of plenty of banter last year and now you claim amnesia.
 

NotDevsSon

Active member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
174
youngdan said:
She is a HO. What else would you call a woman who rides a man while his wife is dying of cancer. An ugly one at that by gad.

This story was the subject of plenty of banter last year and now you claim amnesia.
Banter isn't evidence. :roll:

What you state as fact isn't evidence.

What you claim some shock jock said in a radio rant isn't evidence.

Try to learn the difference.
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top