riker1969

Id say at last count we had five left wing parties
SF
LAB
SDP
PBp
Soc (clare daly?)
Plus god knows how many left leaning ind
Result we have almost a clear left wing majority but because of divisions within the left its inevitable that FG will return as top dogs next election. Taoiseach and finance etc.
Im left of centre. Prefer not to vote SF but what is alternative?

bang bang

SF
LAB
SDP
PBp
Soc (clare daly?)
Result we have almost a clear left wing majority but because of divisions within the left its inevitable that FG will return as top dogs next election. Taoiseach and finance etc.
I'm a shinner, like yourself I consider myself left of centre. If SF were to coalesce with the trots in PBP I would revoke my membership.

jmcc

Labour is not a Left wing party. SF is moving towards the centre though its SJWism may damage it. FG may not return as the largest party after the GE.

raetsel

SF
LAB
SDP
PBp
Soc (clare daly?)
The opinion polls do not bear that out. Between them FF and FG consistently show support levels of around 55/56%, and not all the independents by any means are on the left.

ainm_eile

I’d say the left will slowly consolidate, and will be dominated by SF, “PBP”, and “Labour” in the long run.

Up until 2011, there was no prospect of a Left Government, so the parties were squabbling with each other. Now that there is a serious possibility of exercising power at some point, the left will start to organise itself into coherent political vehicles.

riker1969

D
I’d say the left will slowly consolidate, and will be dominated by SF, “PBP”, and “Labour” in the long run.

Up until 2011, there was no prospect of a Left Government, so the parties were squabbling with each other. Now that there is a serious possibility of exercising power at some point, the left will start to organise itself into coherent political vehicles.
Do you really think so?

wombat

Do you really think so?
The real division on the left is between those who want to be in govt and those who want to preserve their purity until the people see the light and give them a majority. The debate used to take place within the Labour party but it has fragmented into the various factions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies