The DUP and loyalist paramilitaries

AhNowStop

We can start off with the relationship between Paisley and the UVF and his/their desire to oust O’Neill

thought it was about time there was a dedicated thread on this ... unless one already exists but I haven’t seen one so here goes

Last edited:

Levellers

Unionist parties like to pretend they are all for law and order but in reality they have had a monopoly on violence for centuries. The largest unionist party today has created three terrorist groups -Ulster Protestant Volunteers, Third Force, Ulster Resistance - aside from funding a UVF bombing campaign.

Observer B

The modus operandum of Influential Unionists such as Ian Paisley tended to be as follows:

-Incite hatred, Influential Unionist then takes a step back -Clueless loyalist Minions then act on incitement,
-Influential Unionist then denies all responsibility.

This has been seen time and time again.

Someone recently gave the example of where 2 loyalists were arrested after one of the first random sectarian murders in the late sixties. One of the perpetrators in remorse stated something like: I wish I had never heard of this man Paisley and decided to follow him.

In addition, influential DUP members have rarely condemned outright acts of loyalist paramilitary violence without at least adding a caveat. An immediate example that springs to mind was when the Quinn boys were burned to death in their home in Ballymoney in 1998, Ian Paisley condemned it but then appeared to defend the UVF by stating that the IRA had done much worse many times. Really? The IRA did carry out some despicable acts which any right minded person would condemn outright - without adding caveats.

As I said before for every Enniskillen there was a Dublin/Monaghan and for every Kingsmill there was a greysteel etc. etc. But I can't think of any instance where republicans burned small children to death in a blatant orchestrated sectarian attack.

Mickeymac

Unionist parties like to pretend they are all for law and order but in reality they have had a monopoly on violence for centuries. The largest unionist party today has created three terrorist groups -Ulster Protestant Volunteers, Third Force, Ulster Resistance - aside from funding a UVF bombing campaign.

Dictionary Dave (RIP) once said publicly that loyalist paramilitaries could describe the interiors of unionist politicians homes.

AhNowStop

Shouldn't this be in the history forum?
Maybe when Snarlene & Co stop going out campaigning for votes with loyalist paramilitaries and giving them a veto on a return to stormont & general progress it will be ;)

But its jolly good of you to admit there is a history between the DUP and loyalist paramilitaries .. most of your fellow loyalists refute it

Mickeymac

Maybe when Snarlene & Co stop going out campaigning for votes with loyalist paramilitaries and giving them a veto on a return to stormont & general progress it will be ;)

But its jolly good of you to admit there is a history between the DUP and loyalist paramilitaries .. most of your fellow loyalists refute it
Even with this underhanded campaigning sir, the unionist vote in Ireland is now maxed out, gives Nationalists the advantage to a huge extent come any elections.

Complacency by CRN's is something they need focus on.

AhNowStop

Even with this underhanded campaigning sir, the unionist vote in Ireland is now maxed out, gives Nationalists the advantage to a huge extent come any elections.

Complacency by CRN's is something they need focus on.
Unionism has always been better at election packs etc.. ... insecurity, knowing you’re in the wrong and knowing the long game is coming will do that I suppose ;)

likesfish

Unfortunately there's still a majority who really really want to remain British or at least not ruled from Dublin. Claiming the English are occupying Ni and the prods are only settlers is rather irrational its been 400 years there not going anywhere.

AhNowStop

Unfortunately there's still a majority who really really want to remain British or at least not ruled from Dublin. Claiming the English are occupying Ni and the prods are only settlers is rather irrational its been 400 years there not going anywhere.
you'll find very few saying that .. but if they finally tried to "integrate" it might help ;)

and no matter what happens over brexit, a UI is ultimately inevitable .. its just the timing thats up for grabs

Talk Back

Too bad about them - their problem is they are trying to be British in Ireland.

The fact of the matter is, Ireland is not the Unionists homeland. Unionists are interlopers in Ireland - a disruptive alien minority planted in my country to form an English Colony.

Unless and until Unionists obey the democratic will of us Irish people, and assimilate into Irish society, Unionists are still foreigners in Ireland - still occupying part of my country in another country's name - still holding Ireland back in the same way they always have, since the planters first stole Irish land from us Irish people.

Last edited:

Mickeymac

There are many books and information vids out there pal, I suggest you learn a lot more about the English presence in NE Ireland and the people they illegally planted there on the lands they stole.

raetsel

A RACIST pipe-bomber has been awarded a lucrative contract to run a restaurant at a golf club owned by a council on which his DUP father serves as mayor.
Sunday Life can reveal that John Smyth Jnr - who was sentenced to eight years for waging a hate campaign against Polish families in Antrim town - is now boss at the Yew Tree Cafe Bistro at Allen Park golf club.
The 38-year-old, who is on supervised licence until next year and therefore still technically a serving prisoner, was awarded the catering franchise by politicians in April after a meeting of Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council's Operations Committee.
Lovely family........................:)

His father John Smyth Snr (right) - a convicted UVF bomber turned DUP mayor of Antrim - sits on the committee but removed himself from the debate around his son's business after declaring a conflict of interest.

Mickeymac

Lovely family........................:)

I notice Bridget or newrydrone have not opened a thread on this sir, I wonder why as they feebly attempt to convince folk they come from a fair and balanced POV.

raetsel

I notice Bridget or newrydrone have not opened a thread on this sir, I wonder why as they feebly attempt to convince folk they come from a fair and balanced POV.
What I find most extraordinary is the brazen cheek of DUP supporters (and indeed the wider unionist community) who assume that they occupy higher moral ground than nationalism because of the presence of Sinn Fein.
It is perfectly clear that those within the DUP who were not actually active or complicit in loyalist paramilitarism were nodding their approval from the sidelines. That is before we get into the criminality and collusion which was quite widespread within the RUC, UDR and British military intelligence.

Last edited:

Mickeymac

What I find most extraordinary is the brazen cheek of DUP supporters (and indeed the wider unionist community) who assume that they occupy higher moral ground than nationalism because of the presence of Sinn Fein.
It is perfectly clear that those within the DUP who were not actually active or complicit in loyalist paramilitarism were nodding their approval from the sidelines. That is before we get into the criminality and collusion which was quite widespread within both the RUC, UDR and British military intelligence.

Indeed sir, brazen cheek is probably too mild of words to describe such idiots who dare assume they occupy the higher moral ground in the six counties.

Thankfully many posters on here see their antics for what they are and are always on the ball to expose their gross hypocrisy by highlighting (with links provided) events, words and actions linked to these hypocrites which is not acceptable in any civilised/democratic society.

AhNowStop

It is perfectly clear that those within the DUP who were not actually active or complicit in loyalist paramilitarism were nodding their approval from the sidelines. That is before we get into the criminality and collusion which was quite widespread within the RUC, UDR and British military intelligence.
exactly .. this is why they're sooo against all the legacy inquiries into collusion etc.. They want to cover up the truth as much as they can (thankfully they cant of course)
They know full well that the only difference between the shinners and a lot of unionist politicians is that the shinners admitted it....

DUPlicity reigns supreme with this lot

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies