The Elephant in the FF Electoral Room

Destiny's Soldier

FF TD's and FF HQ have yet to discuss in any way whatsoever which sitting TD will be on the ballot paper for the forthcoming election. Nor have they even ratified candidates.

At 17 or 18% of the vote, it leaves room for only 1 candidate in a 4 or 5 seat constituency.

I put it to a few FF TD's recently that allowing 2 or 3 sitting candidates to run would ensure none would be elected. By running 1 would allow that candiate a fair chance of retaining 1 seat at least.

One TD let me know I was wrong in my calculations. "We'll be at 30% come election day" he said.

The delusion continues even though Dublin burns.

Skyrocket

The fact that the IMF came in to run our finances during FFs watch will be used as a powerful stick to beat them with for the next 20 or more years.

Destiny's Soldier

ruamruam

FF will either allow all sitting TDs to run which will be disastrous for them or will force local cumainn to restrict the number of candidates in line with expected vote. If this happens many FFers will run as independent candidates.

Either scenario not good for 'soldiers of destiny'

myhonorisloyalty666

Kenny is going to get a bullet anyday now from the FG party.
No way in hell are they going to go into an election with that clown at the helm.
Remember last time?
'Everything's going my way.'
The FG crew have to hand Kenny a 9mm pistol and quietly leave him alone in the Fuhrer bunker.

ruamruam

No way in hell are they going to go into an election with that clown at the helm.
Remember last time?
The FG crew have to hand Kenny a 9mm pistol and quietly leave him alone in the Fuhrer bunker.
Too close to an election for FG to dump Kenny. They should have dumped him at the last heave

Rocky

They're going to have to run every TD. It'll be warfare if they don't and could cause more damage then good, but yeah it will screw them in a lot of places and no harm in that. FFers and even a lot of FGers I've been talking to do believe they will still hit around 30% and I'd agree with you that it is nonsense.

Rocky

Remember last time?
Can we keep this thread on topic.

justme1

FF TD's and FF HQ have yet to discuss in any way whatsoever which sitting TD will be on the ballot paper for the forthcoming election. Nor have they even ratified candidates.

At 17 or 18% of the vote, it leaves room for only 1 candidate in a 4 or 5 seat constituency.

I put it to a few FF TD's recently that allowing 2 or 3 sitting candidates to run would ensure none would be elected. By running 1 would allow that candiate a fair chance of retaining 1 seat at least.

One TD let me know I was wrong in my calculations. "We'll be at 30% come election day" he said.

The delusion continues even though Dublin burns.
Remember the poll done giving FF 17% was taken on Mon/Tue/Wed of last week,i imagine had it been done later in the week the figures would be even lower.

Skyrocket

Remember last time?
Another leadership heave in the midst of an election? If that is the case, its not a pistol needed for FG, but a bomb to sort them all out. (metaphorically of course)

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
The fact that the IMF came in to run our finances during FFs watch will be used as a powerful stick to beat them with for the next 20 or more years.
Will putting this guy in charge makee the slightest difference?

It's worth voting for FF as a reward for actually getting the IMF in. At least we have people who know how to run the country for the first time in 90 years.

ellie08

Will putting this guy in charge makee the slightest difference?

It's worth voting for FF as a reward for actually getting the IMF in. At least we have people who know how to run the country for the first time in 90 years.
Mocking a man who had nothing to do with the crisis in this country? Is that the best you can do?

Last edited:

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Keith-M, when is someone going to tell ya that we have a cabinet system of government based on a parliamentary democracy. Not a presidential system with one person in charge.
You can't spin away FG's biggest obvious shortcoming. Whether you like it or not, Kenny will be the face of FG and the alternative government. It's not like the front bench is falling over with talent either.

ellie08

You can't spin away FG's biggest obvious shortcoming. Whether you like it or not, Kenny will be the face of FG and the alternative government. It's not like the front bench is falling over with talent either.
He's not a drunk, he's not corrupt - a good start, he'll be grand.

Destiny's Soldier

In this case the rats will fight with each other to stay afloat the sinking ship

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies