The Elephant in the FF Electoral Room

Right is right

You can't spin away FG's biggest obvious shortcoming. Whether you like it or not, Kenny will be the face of FG and the alternative government. It's not like the front bench is falling over with talent either.
He has transformed a party that was practically finished, built them up nearly from scratch through hard work, building a team and being organised (without relying on personality or media soundbites etc and made them the biggest local party in the country and Europe and soon to be the biggest in the Dail....now replace FG with Ireland and I'd be delighted if the same thing happens...

dapman

Will putting this guy in charge makee the slightest difference?

It's worth voting for FF as a reward for actually getting the IMF in. At least we have people who know how to run the country for the first time in 90 years.
Early example of Fianna Fail' behaviour in opposition from the end of January.

dent

He's not a drunk, he's not corrupt - a good start, he'll be grand.
Well said, but that means nothing to poor Keet sadly. Ah well :D

Broke

The fact that the IMF came in to run our finances during FFs watch will be used as a powerful stick to beat them with for the next 20 or more years.
I hope so,we must never forget the damage they have done to our country.

Trophonius

FF will put the no. of candidates in constituencies based on their own polling. Some current FF'ers will run as indos. Combined they may get to 30%, with a new FF leader. Remember, some people will still vote FF even if they had their children stabbed, skinned, roasted and eaten by FF'ers.

Destiny's Soldier

Looks like it is eventually beginning to dawn on Fianna Fail as Noel Whelan is giving voice to the theme of this thread. A one candidtate strategy should be the way of damage limitation. Interesting times ahead at convention. Which TD will blink first?

My guess is that it's like a plane going down with two passengers on board. The plane will only stay airbourne if one jumps. But our FF TDs hate each other so much that they will fight each other to the bitter end and neither will be saved.

PoliticsDad

One TD let me know I was wrong in my calculations. "We'll be at 30% come election day" he said.
If FF really believe that then they will be tempted to run too many candidates and that could mean real meltdown for FF.

hammer

I hope all the Fianna FAIL jokers stand.

At least we know where they all will be election count night :)

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
We'll have a lot of retirements. It will be less of an issue than you think. Also, yer man who said they'll be on 30% by election time - never ever underestimate FF. A little nugget in this morning's poll that slipped by most people is that FF are at 33% in the over-65 age group, who we know always tend to vote more than other demographics. That they might be at 17% in the 18-30 age group is probably less important (though I don't know what they are there).

hammer

It is only 33% for the over 65s

even after

Leaving OAP alone
FREE TRAVEL
FREE TV LICENCE
FREE MEDICAL CARDS
FREE LIGHT & HEAT
NO TAX
FREE SKY SPORTS
FREE A&E
FREE TRAIN FARES
FREE EIRCOM HOUSE WATCH

I would have thought it was closer to 100%

Destiny's Soldier

I'm Glad to see Fianna Fail have eventually seen the error of their ways and taken my good advice.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Cork East. Neither FF candidate will blink out of total distain for the other.

I personally hope Cork East runs 2 FF candidates and lose, and thus we can be rid of the pair of the idiots forever. As for the arrogant FF footsoldiers who support 2 candidates, they are going to learn a valuable lesson in rational thinking.

This last minute mucking about with candidates means that Sean Dorgan should be fired.

Destiny's Soldier

I'm Glad to see Fianna Fail have eventually seen the error of their ways and taken my good advice.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Cork East. Neither FF candidate will blink out of total distain for the other.

I personally hope Cork East runs 2 FF candidates and lose, and thus we can be rid of the pair of the idiots forever. As for the arrogant FF footsoldiers who support 2 candidates, they are going to learn a valuable lesson in rational thinking.

This last minute mucking about with candidates means that Sean Dorgan should be fired.
I can't help but say I told you so.

Bleu Poppy

He has transformed a party that was practically finished, built them up nearly from scratch through hard work, building a team and being organised (without relying on personality or media soundbites etc and made them the biggest local party in the country and Europe and soon to be the biggest in the Dail....now replace FG with Ireland and I'd be delighted if the same thing happens...
You have said it, I have said similar things time and again here.

Now, those who are so blind that they cannot see, will learn of Enda's talents and abilities.

See Frances Fitzgerald's comments-

Rousing reception for victorious Kenny -News - Ireland.com

Bleu Poppy

Happy person this morning!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom