• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The end of council houses in England.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
And a return to the 19th Century.

How long before the poor houses reopen.

Cael being proved correct yet again.

BBC News - Social housing budget 'to be cut in half'
I hope we follow suit with a 75% cut. Its time we stop having our money stolen from us to fund the houses of knackers.

You can contact the Niall Melon trust if you know someone in danger of destitution. I hear also you can get a 2 man tent in argos for 50 quid.

Last edited:

A view from England

Good news. A council house in the Uk is yours for life and you can hand it on to your kids, regardless of your income. These measures, coupled with a cap on housing benefit will ensure the taxpayer stops being fleeced. The interesting outcome will be what happens to all the buy to let parasites who will no longer be able to charge rent at or above what they are paying for the mortgage.

pd_phoenix

Have you tried reading the link in its entirety.
did you read the bit where children can inherit these houses? Talk about promoting a life time on benefits

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
Bottom line is the tory political cast is rebuilding the English Labour movement from the bottom up.

SevenStars

I hope we follow suit with a 75% cut. Its time we stop having our money stolen from us to fund the houses of knackers.

You can contact the Niall Melon trust if you know someone in danger of destitution. I hear also you can get a 2 man tent in argos for 50 quid.
What exactly do you mean by knacker? Someone who makes glue from horse flesh? I didnt know we still had such in this country.

bob3344

Tax-payers are funding more than 90,000 people to live in council houses which they have merely ‘inherited’ from family members.
New figures indicate more than £9billion of council homes have fallen into the hands of people who have not qualified for Government aid themselves.
The public purse is funding an estimated £300 million in annual rent subsidies for those who have inherited the cheap tenancy arrangements.

Read more: £9billion worth of council homes are inherited by people who don't need government help | Mail Online

bob3344

What exactly do you mean by knacker? Someone who makes glue from horse flesh? I didnt know we still had such in this country.
Word is used in Dublin as a substitute for scumbag, doesn't always refer to travellers.

Aindriu

With conditions, maybe you missed that part.
They shouldn't be able to full stop! Not only that, but after kids have grown and flown the parent(s) should have to downsize to free up the property for more needy cases.

SevenStars

Word is used in Dublin as a substitute for scumbag, doesn't always refer to travellers.
So he and you that everyone who lives in council housing is by definition a scumbag?

Thank you for your clarity.

bokuden

They shouldn't be able to full stop! Not only that, but after kids have grown and flown the parent(s) should have to downsize to free up the property for more needy cases.
As if David Cameron would know anything about "needy cases". He's an upper class twit who's going to wreck England. It's the 80s all over again.He should be made live on a council estate with his family.

pd_phoenix

As if David Cameron would know anything about "needy cases". He's an upper class twit who's going to wreck England. It's the 80s all over again.He should be made live on a council estate with his family.
God don't you just hate those upper class twits that pay taxes to fund the housing :rolleyes: