The end of Enda??

Badmed

Kenny deserves a shot at government. FG was somewhere between the madhouse and the sh*thouse before he reorganised them. He has had to deal with a very hostile media (a Mayoman ruling the country? How dare he!) and when it came to it decapitated Bruton's challenge quite effectively. The Enda Kenny? Hardly. Yet more evidence of this country's obsession with optics.

pujols

Talking up a heave against Enda Kenny now is daft. He just needs to be left to get on with his job. He met and beat his challengers and they are still nibbling at his bum. This is so self-defeating it isn't funny.

He may not be JFK but he deserves a break from all this nonsense.

If he does make it to Merrion Street, he would do well to remember all this when he is putting together a cabinet.

slippy wicket

The country is crying out for competence, not charisma. Enda has had years to "show it" and he has failed, he has lost the country. The celebrations following Enda's win (the shouts of "Up Mayo" and pictures of octogenarians and gombeens on the winning side) have done huge damage to the FG brand.

Noonan has been the one bright spot since the reshuffle.
I would have to say that his re-organisation of the party, and the improvements in the fortunes of the party would show that he has a certain level of competence. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for, at this stage i would be willing to give him a chance.(but then i would say that):)
I would totally about the muck-savage yahooing and shouting 'up mayo' at the time of the attempted heave, he really should have been muzzled.

CookieMonster

Enda's problems are not purely optics. Most of the electorate think he's barely up to running a school.
He never ran a school, he just taught in one.

KATHY

Look, I am no supporter of FG, but I have a pain in my face with this. Since Garrett stepped down, every single FG leader has been in this position. Every one. Its always - "he has no charisma, he doesn't connect with the people, if we feck him out and install *** instead, then it'll be better." Dukes. Bruton. Noonan, now Kenny. Its always the same, and the next one will be in just the same position. In the end, what was so wrong with any of them? Have any of them been dishonest? No. has any been a traitor? No. Do we really believe we would be in the position we are now, if they had won elections? No. Would we have been better off with any of them as taoiseach than the shower we actually got (maybe Reynolds was better than the rest, and Bruton made it for 2 years) ?? Of course we would. So why always this navel gazing?
+1000. Absolutely spot on. I would suggest its exactly the kind of mentality within FG, whereby its always going to be better with a new leader, thats the biggest turn off for the electorate. No doubt initially there might have been a temporary bounce had Bruton taken over, but you could be gauranteed it would have been very short lived, and what then? Kenny has not only re-built the party but he showed he had the balls to deal with a serious challenge head on and come out the other side. Does anyone believe for instance Bruton would have handled the Sheahan affair differently, I would seriously doubt it.

It has to be said the whole farce of the last heave and the way it was so badly managed by Bruton has probably played a big part in the drop in support for the party. We know FG have the right policies and the right people to implement them, and thats down to Enda Kenny. Its about time we shook off the inferiority complex and stood firm. For FG to throw a wobbler now would only serve to take the heat of FF and would be playing straight into their hands.

Last edited:

culmore

i see hate for the west of Ireland here, but tell what did the dubs do for the country, remember Haughey and Bertie its not hard , so bring on Honest Enda the Messaih from the west

Talking up a heave against Enda Kenny now is daft. He just needs to be left to get on with his job. He met and beat his challengers and they are still nibbling at his bum. This is so self-defeating it isn't funny.

He may not be JFK but he deserves a break from all this nonsense.

If he does make it to Merrion Street, he would do well to remember all this when he is putting together a cabinet.
Only cabinet Enda will ever put together is one flat packed from IKEA.

culmore

I see hatred for the west of Ireland here, but what did the dubs do for the Country, remember Haughey and Bertie, bring on Honest Enda The Messiah from the West

hmmm

I see hatred for the west of Ireland here, but what did the dubs do for the Country, remember Haughey and Bertie, bring on Honest Enda The Messiah from the West
You'll have to try harder than that.

The country can't afford a Labour Taoiseach, Jack O'Connor and Father Sean Healy will crucify the middle classes. It would be nice if FG would at least make some attempt to look like they want to be in government.

The End of Enda?

He never really began, did he? Bless.

flavirostris

FG will be alright. They'll be filling in the gaps as junior partners in the next government.
Gilmore might even let Kenny be Tainiste!!
FG will still be around though unlike your rotten FF-enabling party

bored and fussy

Dukes. Bruton. Noonan, now Kenny and then bruton or varadkar or hayes and we had george lee for an hour or two and no change, still the same old guff looking down on people, and aways looking for the conspiracy they would be more at home with David Cameron or someone like that,

This has nothing to do with country v dublin it is poor leadership pure and simple.
why would it be about country or dublin that is just childish.

jmcc

Yes but you know what happens to Messiahs in big cities. :) And Haughey was born in Castlebar.

Regards...jmcc

wombat

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Sources tell me that FF have tonight issued a directive to all their political operatives. This directive has status "Topdog", meaning it is their number one priority.

The directive outlines the tactical efforts they are being ordered to make to support Enda Kenny. The tactics can cover
  1. Raising questions about Cowen's leadership (to deflect from Kenny)
  2. Talking up the risk of a double dip recession (by vigorously denying the story)
  3. Threatening key media figures with blackmail if they highlight the poor showing by Kenny
  4. Planting stories about Richard Bruton

It is rumoured that Brian Cowen is currently in a bar being gotten hammered drunk by key operatives, and the media have been tipped off and will be present to take pictures. Also FF's top covert operative, who is on a long term deep cover operation, is engaging target Bluebell.

FF are clearly engaging in dirty tricks, in one last desperate effort to save themselves

cYp

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies