• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The end of Waterford airport?

democrat

If jobs will be lost due to its closure, I would not describe the decision as "good news". It is also unfortunate for those who rely on the airport for business trips to UK.

The System Works

Website
www.thesystemworks.wordpress.com
Twitter
@mendingtheworld

TheMushyStuff

Well we can't be funding for things that don't work right now.
So it's not a bad decision for the airport to close.

culmore

who used this service since Martin cullen retired, maybe a few other politicians. shut them all down if they are not payint their way, one in donegal for Pat the Cope to fly from, and thw tax payers paying most of the fair for him each time

stakerwallace

Ex head of WIT must be distraught!

Skeptic Angel

Aer Arann to end Waterford services from January - RT News

This is good news in my opinion. We need more consolidation of our airports, Sligo, Kerry and Galway should also close.
What have you got against Kerry Airport? I use it several times a year as does practically everyone I know. Cork or Shannon are hours away: as it is the airport brings tourists into the county. Tourism is pretty much our only industry you know!

Gurdiev

Why shouldn't it be viable?. Coulnt Ryanair make a go of it , big enough population in the south east surely .

Gurdiev

Ah Waterford airport - where the guy who checks your luggage also guides you onto the plane.
The best thing is the sniffer dog who doubles jobs as an Aer Arran pilot . Sweet .

Clanrickard

I liked using it - ultra-hassle-free, and a nice drive to and from Cork. It went downhill when they got rid of the wee shop there though...
Is that what it was? Three airports needed Dublin, Cork Shannon. Let them stand alone and attract the business. If they can't survive......adios.

gijoe

Why shouldn't it be viable?. Coulnt Ryanair make a go of it , big enough population in the south east surely .
Ryanair's 737's would land have to land in one of the adjoining fields - the runway is not long enough for jets.

What have you got against Kerry Airport? I use it several times a year as does practically everyone I know. Cork or Shannon are hours away: as it is the airport brings tourists into the county. Tourism is pretty much our only industry you know!
B/S

Kerry Foods is your good industry.....

ruserious

Yup, Ryanair could advertise it across Europe as 'Waterford, just on Dublin's doorstep'.

Iarmhi Gael

When you think of it - Who in their right mind would want an Airport in Waterford or Sligo? A bit like putting 5 star golf courses all over the place.

i welcome Waterford airport closing - as Keith says - a few more to close as well would be welcome. Time people came to their senses.

We've also way too many hospitals. Some of these need to go as well.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies