The English - once more victimised

Cai

So it seems that some of our English friends reckon that it’s so inappropriate for non English folk to converse in their own language in front of them that intervention via Trip Advisor is necessary.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/pubs-brilliant-response-customer-complaining-14810245

Obviously it’s very important that English ears aren’t offended by foreign lingo - even when the said ears aren’t in England.

Do posters have any ideas how to stop foreign languages being spoken in front of innocent English folk? It’s important to bring this terrible suffering to an end.

Ramon Mercadar

So it seems that some of our English friends reckon that it’s so inappropriate for non English folk to converse in their own language in front of them that intervention via Trip Advisor is necessary.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/pubs-brilliant-response-customer-complaining-14810245

Obviously it’s very important that English ears aren’t offended by foreign lingo - even when the said ears aren’t in England.

Do posters have any ideas how to stop foreign languages being spoken in front of innocent English folk? It’s important to bring this terrible suffering to an end.
Burst the Brit's eardrums.

michael-mcivor

The English accent would put you off your dinner- being stopped daily by those uniformed idiots for years - years ago put me off them for life- I can’t feel any sympathy for any brit-

GDPR

Nothing like a good English-bashing thread to bring us altogether ...

We are confused about America and Europe, pro- or contra not sure if we want a UI or not, but hell yeah, we all hate the English. petunia

Ramon Mercadar

Nothing like a good English-bashing thread to bring us altogether ...

We are confused about America and Europe, pro- or contra not sure if we want a UI or not, but hell yeah, we all hate the English. petunia
When in doubt set dogs on the English. God will sort out the innocent ones.

Ramon Mercadar

Cai

Interesting that thread was posted by our local Welsh nationalist.

Wales voted Leave.

Dont trust Taffy.
Welsh speakers voted Remain - very, very heavily.

Not that the OP is about Welsh speakers really - it’s about English neurosis.

BTW - the term ‘Taffy’ relates to an old Anglo Saxon prejudice that identifies the Welsh as thieves. Odd how some Irish folk readily, unquestiongly assume English prejudices.

Gwannow

There are stupid, ignorant and rude people of all nationalities - including our own - English people are not different. The majority of English people I've encountered here in Ireland have been respectful and polite.

Cai

There are stupid, ignorant and rude people of all nationalities - including our own - English people are not different. The majority of English people I've encountered here in Ireland have been respectful and polite.
Do citizens of countries expect others to talk to each other in a language that is foreign to them because of a hang up they’ve got?

cricket

Friend in Cork works in a company where the majority are Polish. In fairness, whenever in his company they always speak English, even though some of them struggle with it.

Cai

Why did Wales vote Leave?
Because of the demographics of English speaking Wales - & the fact that English speakers get their news from England mainly. Welsh speakers did their own thing.

I see that there’s a link between Brexit & the OP - but it’s a secondary issue.

PBP voter

GDPR

English 'ex-pats'.

Or immigrants to everybody else.
Right hoh, all the proper Welsh voted remain but the English planter/settlers outnumbered them.

Lets ask Cai. He is our man on the spot. Our Welsh correspondent

GDPR

Because of the demographics of English speaking Wales - & the fact that English speakers get their news from England mainly. Welsh speakers did their own thing.

I see that there’s a link between Brexit & the OP - but it’s a secondary issue.
Is English-speaking Wales not proper Welsh then?

Really and truly Welsh?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies