• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The EU is lame

AFJROTC Cadet

There is to many taxes, In America the only mandatory taxes are house and car taxes. Sales taxes are optional because of the internet and one can make an unlimited through tax free trusts.

Risteard

Pidge said:
There is too many things wrong with that post.
As are there with your post.

Risteard

Having said that, Space Cadet is correct in saying that the evil EU empire should be dissolved forthwith.

Conor

Risteard said:
Having said that, Space Cadet is correct in saying that the evil EU empire should be dissolved forthwith.
Is he correct in saying there is to many taxes?

Risteard

Risteard said:
But how would a lot of farmers make any sort of decent wage without it?

Risteard

Shankill Browser said:
Risteard said:
Wakey wakey. It was the EU that destroyed the agricultural industry in Ireland (with their standard-size potatoes and increased competition; the removal of the slaughter premium, etc.).

daithimac

Twitter
@daveyawesome
crap :!:
all my life I have been under the misconception that the EU has been one of the driving forces behind the growth and development of our Republic and then along comes AFJROTC Cadet with his reasoned and developed argument that the EU is lame.
He of course is right. the American taxation system is one which should be copied the world over as we look at there huge budget surpluses and staggering growth,
damn you AFJROTC Cadet for shattering my fragile beliefs

daithimac

Twitter
@daveyawesome
Risteard said:
Shankill Browser said:
Risteard said:
Wakey wakey. It was the EU that destroyed the agricultural industry in Ireland (with their standard-size potatoes and increased competition; the removal of the slaughter premium, etc.).
Bad argument :!:
It was the EU which kept the Irish Agriculture industry as strong as it was for so long and kept the price of food as low as it was. CAP reform has hurt Irish farmers, but not to the extent that some would have you believe. also a great portion of an irish farmers income comes from EU subsidies

qtman

Risteard said:
Shankill Browser said:
Risteard said:
Increased competition?

So who would Irish farmers be selling to without access to EU markets, production subsidies and export refunds?

I suppose you're going to tell me that Egyptian and Russian housewives are more than willing to pay €10 for 8oz of Irish beef?

Risteard said:
Wakey wakey. It was the EU that destroyed the agricultural industry in Ireland
Aye, that's right. Well argued.
They destroy it by taking 704 million Euro from Ireland in contributions to the CAP budget and then spending 1,822 million Euro from the CAP budget in Ireland.

THR

It`sacommon misconception that the tax-rate in America is low. The Americans pay taxes to the Federal government, to their state-government and even to their local government. In the OECD-reports the US-tax burden/capita does not differ very much from the Western European countries. In fact, the countries with the lowest tax burden are the newly liberated Baltic countries with their flat-tax rates but in those countries unforeseen poverty is a mirror image to the new wealth.

Thar an Phail

Risteard said:
I entirely agree.

EU regulations are destroying Irish agriulture.

I was out campaigning for UKIP at an agricultural show, and I got talking to an Irishwoman who informed me the EU are driving local farmhouse cheesemakers out of buisiness with their stupid health and safety legislation.

EU - destroying local produce in the interests of agribuisiness.

Eddiepops

daithimac said:
crap :!:
all my life I have been under the misconception that the EU has been one of the driving forces behind the growth and development of our Republic and then along comes AFJROTC Cadet with his reasoned and developed argument that the EU is lame.
He of course is right. the American taxation system is one which should be copied the world over as we look at there huge budget surpluses and staggering growth,
damn you AFJROTC Cadet for shattering my fragile beliefs
My god, me too! An entire year studying Europe and no one ever let me know. Bstrds