• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Eurovision thread

Clanrickard

drummed

That's awful. We're doomed again:(

H.R. Haldeman

Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. Pan-Euro disco mush. No songwriting ability on display. Horribly over-produced. Could be the entry of any country with nothing distinctive or charming about it.

470,000 YT views seems like a hell of a lot though.

I mean, good luck to the guy, hope it goes well for him. But God no, this is bad.

Clanrickard, to be true to the Eurovision concept your post should have been made in three languages.

mido

Clanrickard, to be true to the Eurovision concept your post should have been made in three languages.
es basura absoluta , դա բացարձակ աղբ, absolutua zaborra da, het is absolute onzin, ,to je absolutní nesmysl, es ist absolute Müll

or absolute rubbish in any language

H.R. Haldeman

Languages don't matter Des. We're all one Europe now. We sing with one voice in one language. As one poet and scholar once put it in a hauntingly beautiful refrain:

The curtain has been raised, the wall no longer stands
And from Lisadell to Latvia we’re singing as one clan
The curtain has been raised and Europe’s all one stage
And the archipelagic icicles have melted like the cage

We don’t need no party, just a party band
A continental choir singing hand in hand

Archipelagic icicles, you see? They've melted like the, erm, cage. And no party. Oh no. No party...just a party band.

We need to learn from the wisdom of these words. They can steal the honey, but they'll never steal the sting. Sniff.

FakeViking

I love the Eurovision. It means that I can listen to Lyric in the mornings. I wish it went on all year long.

Sister Mercedes

I watched it last year, for the first time in years. I thought the songs in the final were mostly quite good. The crap gets weeded out in the semi-finals. And I liked the song that won too.

But the voting is still a joke. It's insane that a gigantic state like Russia has only one vote while the Amoeba-splitting Balkan States have dozens, and use them all to vote for each other.

EvotingMachine0197

Brilliant entry - potential winner. Groovy disco beat, strong vocal, strong visual and shades of Westlife. 12 ponits from me.

Go Ireland!

Mountaintop

I still think we should've taken Linda Martin out of cryogenic stasis and let her have another crack at it...

kvran

I understand now what eurosceptics mean when they say "hate EU, love Europe". They're talking about the eurovison.

NYCKY

I actually liked the song and thought it was upbeat and catchy and good (as Eurovision songs go) and it should definitely make the final.

Lonewolfe

I love the lyrics. Bob Dylan's social commentary, Leonard Cohen's spirituality and Morrissey's wit all wrapped up in one infectiously melodic tune.

This has to be a John Waters' magnum opus.

Partizan

Folks we are fast approaching the world's largest televised non-sporting event the Eurovision Song Contest. This year it comes from Malmo. We have Ryan Dolan representing us and to be fair it is a step up from the two planks we had the last time. Denmark are favourites. Here is the bould Ryan..............Ireland's Official Eurovision entry 2013 : Ryan Dolan "Only Love Survives" - YouTube
Oh God No.

The Eurovision SC has long since lost its relevance to the musical world and descended into a cringe-tastic Europop dirge fest since the mid 90s. The two high water marks over the last quarter of a century, Johnny Logan 'Hold me now' and Riverdance has anything from it really transcended into the mainstream music sphere. Nobody who wins it really makes a career out of music bar bawling out a few ballads in his/her home country or surrounding states with an expat population. The Eurovision is the pinnacle of bad musical taste in which no reputable artist nowadays touches it with the musical equivalent of a 40 foot barge pole.

That said, some memorable ditties have come out of it down through the years including one of my favourites, this one from Amina who represented France in 1991. How she never won it over a forgetful Swedish tripe is one of the greatest mysteries of the competition. Liam Reilly deserves a mention too.

[video=youtube;PnxEBAoCZIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxEBAoCZIw[/video]

Anyway, its back to Boom-Bang a Bang, la, la, la and Diggy loo Leah with a Moldovan granny. Its a sure fire winner. :D

Astral Peaks

Languages don't matter Des. We're all one Europe now. We sing with one voice in one language. As one poet and scholar once put it in a hauntingly beautiful refrain:

The curtain has been raised, the wall no longer stands
And from Lisadell to Latvia we’re singing as one clan
The curtain has been raised and Europe’s all one stage
And the archipelagic icicles have melted like the cage

We don’t need no party, just a party band
A continental choir singing hand in hand

Archipelagic icicles, you see? They've melted like the, erm, cage. And no party. Oh no. No party...just a party band.

We need to learn from the wisdom of these words. They can steal the honey, but they'll never steal the sting. Sniff.
Jeez, HRH, have you been at the grog early today? :D

Astral Peaks

Brilliant entry - potential winner. Groovy disco beat, strong vocal, strong visual and shades of Westlife. 12 ponits from me.

Go Ireland!
It'll need all the ponits it gan get, and I bet ponits are scarce these days.

dizillusioned

I still think we should've taken Linda Martin out of cryogenic stasis and let her have another crack at it...
Unfortunately, TV lights would make her wither like an old prune....Oh wait...Agree time to let Linda back again.

Popular Threads

Most Replies