The Fake News Awards

mac tíre

"Fake News" is a all a bit postmodern for me.

Where do people actually get access to "Non-fake news". If all your information about the world outside your four walls comes through the internet, then everything is tainted with someone else's interpretation. Even the cameraman decides where to point his camera, often obscuring the stuff that's going on beside/behind him. You also have to rely on translators to correctly translate languages you don't understand. Your notions of truth all depend on where you 'click' on your screen.

Where does one find the unassailable, gold-plated, unvarnished "truth" on the internet?
I see your point but that would apply to everything - TV news, papers, history etc.

There is few 'unassailable, gold-plated, unvarnished truths' anywhere, I would say.

cunnyfunt

"Fake News" is a all a bit postmodern for me.

Where do people actually get access to "Non-fake news". If all your information about the world outside your four walls comes through the internet, then everything is tainted with someone else's interpretation. Even the cameraman decides where to point his camera, often obscuring the stuff that's going on beside/behind him. You also have to rely on translators to correctly translate languages you don't understand. Your notions of truth all depend on where you 'click' on your screen.

Where does one find the unassailable, gold-plated, unvarnished "truth" on the internet?
When an article is described as right wing, you're on the right track.

mac tíre

When an article is described as right wing, you're on the right track.
Stop being so snowflakey. The post was a wider view on your interpretation of it.

Cue howls of righteous anger.

Elvis jaffacake

Ah ************************, I thought they'd at least do it live....feckign 10 minute intern job.

JCR

Alex Jones will be streaming Trumps Fake News Awards apparently. Who would you like to get one?

[video=youtube_share;cs-znVdt7os]http://youtu.be/cs-znVdt7os[/video]
More cash for Jones. Does anyone really buy this joker? Gimme all your money and I'll make you suspicious. He's the Oprah of conspiracy nuts.

constitutionus

Google the term lads. The MSM is pissed.

:D

Masterclass in trolling from trump. I mean how stupid does krugman look now?

Deserve a the top spot.

Elvis jaffacake

Deserve a the top spot.

Same as he always does, with a hint of smug...

owedtojoy

There are people who took out subscriptions to the NYT and WaPo as soon as Trump was elected.

They know that fascists always aim to subvert the media first, often by threats and bullying.

There will by more subscriptions now. Thanks, Donald, for the burlesque and the advertising. Maybe if you actually tried to do your job you would get more respect.

owedtojoy

Deserve a the top spot.

Krugman?

Well, he had the Nobel Prize for Economics on his mantelpiece, and you are still ranting on a website.

Who will have the last laugh?

owedtojoy

Jeff Flake deserves the last word:

"It was a year in which a daily assault on the constitutionally protected free speech was launched by the same White House, an assault that is as unprecedented as it is unwarranted.

The enemy of the people was how the president of the United States called the free press in 2017. Mr. President, it is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own president uses words infamously spoken by Joseph Stalin to describe his enemies."

constitutionus

Trump saltmining Co strikes again.

Wagmore

Jeff Flake deserves the last word:

"It was a year in which a daily assault on the constitutionally protected free speech was launched by the same White House, an assault that is as unprecedented as it is unwarranted.

The enemy of the people was how the president of the United States called the free press in 2017. Mr. President, it is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own president uses words infamously spoken by Joseph Stalin to describe his enemies."

LOL-if Trump was Stalin, Flake wouldn't be living in Arizona.Much more likely to be liquidated or freezing his nuts in an Alaskan gulag.

constitutionus

Buzz feed the only ones so far with any cop on in reacting to this with their "we were robbed" headline.

They got no nominations.

Rest Flailing about like a flurry. Man the sensitivity of the little ego is gas to see. The guardian is a right laugh.

SeanieFitz

Buzz feed the only ones so far with any cop on in reacting to this with their "we were robbed" headline.

They got no nominations.

Rest Flailing about like a flurry. Man the sensitivity of the little ego is gas to see. The guardian is a right laugh.
I can't find CNN reaction to this on their site, can you post the link to the "flailing about like a flurry"?

Analyzer

Krugman?

Well, he had the Nobel Prize for Economics on his mantelpiece, and you are still ranting on a website.

Who will have the last laugh?
What does the fact that Krugamn won a Nobel Prize for Economics, say about the Nobel Prize for Economics ?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Alex Jones?

O..................Kay.

Because he's not suffering from multiple, undiagnosed, emotional disorders.

Also, Trump....:lol:

SeanieFitz

seems to be the "least best" awards of all time............no one seems to give a sh1t, even Fox have dropped it after Hannity shot his load

Dame_Enda

Hannity calls CNN a s******e network. :)

New Threads

Most Replies