The fascination with Adolf Hitler.

amsterdemmetje

Its a myth. Promoted by the vulgar, lowest common denominator British govt.

Look the the behaviour of some of their women in the war. Their men were away fighting, they were carrying on with Yanks and selling themselves for chocolate and nylons. Its no coincidence it has such a high divorce rate, its a country built on nihilism.

You have to understand it from the fact Britain since 1694 has been a platform for world finance, its people previously serfs became industrial revolution fodder, the social problems in English towns today are a continuum of that, its empire was simply a product of that. It nihilistic s culture too a product of that.

WW2 was also an ideological war between the values of gold/finance/materialism (communism/capitalism) and blood and soil.. blut and boden. ie folkish values. Of which at that time Ireland was part of, these days Ireland is also simply a banking platform for world finance, whos interests come before the peoples.

Obviously that does not excuse his excesses, but he was no worse then Stalin, and Churchill's bombing of Dresden and the USAs nuclear strikes on civilians, show that they all did terrible things, none have a monopoly on evil.

But has as Orwell said, he who controls the past, controls the future. The WW2 good guy/bad guy narrative is an essential part of our western psychological construct.

Putin is becoming the new big bad Wolf, Hitler had his day. Russia has to be smashed. It stands against western financial hegemony and is seen as a threat.
WTF has all that drivel got to do with one of the biggest instigators of mass murder this planet has ever witnessed, apart from getting you likes from like minded neo Nazis as Rasher, its all irrelevant horseshyte.

Odyessus

Google Theodor Morell. Hitler used to take a daily cocktail of supplements made from a wide variety of animals.

Also, his cook in the 1940s used to add animal fat to his soups and stews. Hitler knew about this, would make a big fuss about it but would eat the food anyway.
I don't think it's clear that Hitler knew exactly what was in the "supplement" injections his doctor recommended.

As to the food: his secretary Traudl Junge in her book, Until the Final Hour, says that Hitler's cook, who was known to all, including Hitler, by his nickname "Crumbs" was sceptical of vegetarianism, so he would occasionally add meat stock to Hitler's vegetable soup to make it more nourishing. She says Hitler would often complain of stomach trouble after eating the soup and grumble that he suspected "Crumbs" of adding meat stock to it. She doesn't mention that Hitler actually confronted "Crumbs" about it, but she gives the impression that "Crumbs" would have either denied it if confronted by Hitler, or else tried to persuade Hitler of the necessity of at least a little meat for the good of his health. Hitler seems to have been very easy-going with "Crumbs", perhaps because he realised that he was genuinely concerned for his health.

I don't know when Hitler became a vegetarian, but in his youth he was certainly a meat eater when he could get it. As a teenager he shared a flat in Vienna with August Kubizek who wrote that although Hitler in his poverty would often survive on a bottle of milk and a loaf of bread a day, when Kubizek got food parcels from home he shared them with Hitler, who was then more than happy to wolf down roast pork and sausages.

P.S. I've just discovered that Junge's book is online.

https://books.google.ie/books?id=glYtAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT36&lpg=PT36&dq=hitler's+cook+crumbs&source=bl&ots=_vk5dfxIkS&sig=IzG4Od2aOe3WrC3QswsUUuyCQf4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=smeEVav_NuGv7Ab3l4KYAQ&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=hitler's cook crumbs&f=false

Last edited:

Halvard777

WTF has all that drivel got to do with one of the biggest instigators of mass murder this planet has ever witnessed, apart from getting you likes from like minded neo Nazis as Rasher, its all irrelevant horseshyte.

You having another hissyfit ?:lol:

Hitler has been promoted as a political propaganda tool/ultimate bogeyman by the west fact. The same west who supported Pol Pot, The Jap emperor even took tea with the Queen in Buck hse, thats how sincere it all is. . As Orwell stated 1984 soft liberal fascist democracies need convenient hate figures. Hitler, Saddam, Bin Laden, now Putin.

Give your head a shake.

Last edited:

RasherHash

Originally Posted by RasherHash

Anti-semitism/racism was very popuar then, it came complete with its own science, eugenics.

Some of the ealder statesmen of the "democracies" were fierce racists, indeed as someone pointed out blacks were at an disadvantage compared even to "evil" Nazi PoWs in the US (and some would say still very much are).

The Polish government were also not in the ha'penny place when it came to the Jews, they were seething that the LoN was looking for a solution to Germanys problem with its Jews and was not concerned with the Polish "Jewish problem".

Consider also that neither the UK nor the US wanted to take 'too many' Jews, Hitler offered all of Germanys Jews to the US but they were declined.
That's not any kind of answer to the question that was asked.
Just trying to expand the parameters of the issue ;)

Roman Emperor

As time goes by I think more and more Hitler becomes less important to me in the 3rd Reich. I think the worst Nazi was Josef Goebbels. Why well he was an educated man, with a Docorate in Philosophy. Hitler and the rest were not educated, and were "chancers" in a way. Making it up as they went along so to speak.
But Goebbels was different- he was the worst. Not only did he order the death of millions, he commited an unforegivable act, he killed his own children, his flesh and blood!
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/goebbels.html

quandt_harald_goebbels_bd.jpg

In this Goebbles family photo, the young man in uniform is Magda Goebbles' son Harald Quandt.

Harald and his half brother Herbert owned the Varta battery company and around 10% of Merceded Benz.

Today, the Quandt family owns 47% of BMW and, according to Forbes, is worth $43.7 billion.

RasherHash

In this Goebbles family photo, the young man in uniform is Magda Goebbles' son Harald Quandt.

Harald and his half brother Herbert owned the Varta battery company and around 10% of Merceded Benz.

Today, the Quandt family owns 47% of BMW and, according to Forbes, is worth $43.7 billion.
Which organization was it used to say, it's nothing personal, it's just business ;)

amsterdemmetje

You having another hissyfit ?:lol:

Hitler has been promoted as a political propaganda tool/ultimate bogeyman by the west fact. The same west who supported Pol Pot, The Jap emperor even took tea with the Queen in Buck hse, thats how sincere it all is. . As Orwell stated 1984 soft liberal fascist democracies need convenient hate figures. Hitler, Saddam, Bin Laden, now Putin.

Give your head a shake.

So he wasn't an instigator of mass murder and destruction ,he was grand lad all to together, its all the west fault in making him the bogey man that he clearly wasn't..
I think away boil your head might be appropriate here.

Dubstudent

The Nazi's were silly enough to be so open about what they intended to do (the current lot pulling the strings hide it very very well).

Since then the plebs have been under the jackboot of financiers. But sure, tis grand like.....could be worse sure, could be the Nazi's, or Genghis Khan, or something....no point trying to change anything, too much effort, X-Factor or some moronic sh!te will be on the idiot box soon :rolleyes:

What gets me is most people are consigned to the ''this is as good as it gets, we are where we are'' line of thinking. Any of this ''making the world a better place'' nonsense is usually facile gibberish dealing with absolutely minuscule issues such as providing drinking water for some obscure village in the backarse of Africa. Woo hoo.

The world could be a better place for everybody, if the will was there, it's not, I don't think we're up to it. Real change? We haven't got it in us.

Last edited:

owedtojoy

It's takes some cretin to regurgitate Nazi World War II propaganda without bringing aby critical thinking to bear.

owedtojoy

The Nazi's were silly enough to be so open about what they intended to do.

They lost.

Since then the plebs have been under the jackboot of financiers. But sure, tis grand like.....could be worse sure, could be the Nazi's, or Genghis Khan, or something....:rolleyes:
You should watch this documentary about the general improvement in world health since 1945 ... some of that is happened because the Allies won the war, Empires decolonised and there was a general improvement in education and medical services throughout the world.

[video=youtube;jbkSRLYSojo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo[/video]​

I regret to inform you that Utopia has not yet being achieved. But because people's lives do not fit your ideal, there is no need to despair.

Most of the rabbiting on I read about the power of financiers is mostly bullsh1t by armchair revolutionaries. Yes, since the Reagan-Thatcher years, democratic governments have become too "business-friendly", but it is still possible to change that democratically.

owedtojoy

The important thing about this photo is that every child except Quandt was murdered by their parents on the eve of Hitler's suicide "so that they would not live in a world without the Fuehrer". The parents then took their own lives.

Dubstudent

You should watch this documentary about the general improvement in world health since 1945 ... some of that is happened because the Allies won the war, Empires decolonised and there was a general improvement in education and medical services throughout the

[video=youtube;jbkSRLYSojo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo[/video]​

I regret to inform you that Utopia has not yet being achieved. But because people's lives do not fit your ideal, there is no need to despair.

Most of the rabbiting on I read about the power of financiers is mostly bullsh1t by armchair revolutionaries. Yes, since the Reagan-Thatcher years, democratic governments have become too "business-friendly", but it is still possible to change that democratically.
The world is a horrible place to be honest, I think most people shy away from really getting into the nitty gritty of it all. It would be highly disheartening/depressing to go into all that.

Democracy too is mostly a shambles, there is no level playing field in so many countries, it's a shambles. It's better than dictatorship of course when it's feasible, but it's a joke to a large extent.

The world could of course be a much better place, but the will isn't really there among people, they're more than happy to focus on the quaint little things in life, never really striving for better. It's actually very clever how the idea of nationhood and the collective was stripped down in the second half of the 20th Century so that by now everyone is their own little economic unit, concerned with themselves before everything. Any wider concern than ''myself, my family, my things, my money'' is beyond many people these days.

It would be nice to be more optimistic about it, but I don't think it would be realistic to have any optimism about where the world is headed.

owedtojoy

The world is a horrible place to be honest, I think most people shy away from really getting into the nitty gritty of it all. It would be highly disheartening/depressing to go into all that.

Democracy too is mostly a shambles, there is no level playing field in so many countries, it's a shambles. It's better than dictatorship of course when it's feasible, but it's a joke to a large extent.

The world could of course be a much better place, but the will isn't really there among people, they're more than happy to focus on the quaint little things in life, never really striving for better. It's actually very clever how the idea of nationhood and the collective was stripped down in the second half of the 20th Century so that by now everyone is their own little economic unit, concerned with themselves before everything.

It would be nice to be more optimistic about it, but I don't think it would be realistic to have any optimism about where the world is headed.
Woody Allen has a joke about two ladies on holidays at a resort in the Catskills, NY.

"The food here is terrible" says one.
"Yes", says the other, "And the portions are so small!"

So there you have the mystery of life - it is cr*p, and too short.

There are now over 7 billion people on the planet, and more of the human race are living happy, fulfilled, healthy lives than ever before. Things will never to perfect, but always capable of improvement.

firefly123

Hitler wasn't all bad. After all he did kill Hitler!

Dubstudent

Woody Allen has a joke about two ladies on holidays at a resort in the Catskills, NY.

"The food here is terrible" says one.
"Yes", says the other, "And the portions are so small!"

So there you have the mystery of life - it is cr*p, and too short.

There are now over 7 billion people on the planet, and more of the human race are living happy, fulfilled, healthy lives than ever before. Things will never to perfect, but always capable of improvement.
Good joke.

I often wonder who is living the better life, ourselves or those in the developing world who aren't in a bad area.

There's a certain simplicity to life there, a certain happiness with one's lot which is appealing to an extent. But I suppose that's another discussion. :)

owedtojoy

Good joke.

I often wonder who is living the better life, ourselves or those in the developing world who aren't in a bad area.

There's a certain simplicity to life there, a certain happiness with one's lot which is appealing to an extent. But I suppose that's another discussion. :)
I did spend some time in the developing world (Rodrigues, an island in the Indian Ocean), and it is true I found a simplicity, like enjoying good food and sports, absence of serious crime, lack of concern about the day-to-day, and a relaxed but positive attitude.

But there was also lower life expectancy, harsher living conditions, a burning wish for a better future than one's parents and a thirst for education. You could tell those people that, for all the pluses and minuses, their life was not that bad, but it was difficult for a young person with access to TV to accept that.

I revisited recently, and there had been high emigration to Australia, in the days when Oz accepted immigrants, and a good lot of skilled young people had left. But many had also stayed and there was a viable tourist industry with local jobs in tourism and retail. Happiness factor was high I thought, but with growing problems of environmental degradation, high population and still lack of jobs for the thousands of children now receiving a pretty good education to second level, with a Universities in Mauritius where they can get degrees.

A small microcosm of the planet, I suppose.

The best way to learn about the developing world is to visit it, and work there if you can. It overthrew a lot of my assumptions - for example the man I came closest too and admired was a colonialist of the old school who had devoted his life to educating people, while I could not stand some of the hip young teachers full of modern egalitarian theories. For all their fine talk, they were still dictatorial and patronising at heart. My ideals were probably closer to the second bunch, but none of them had the commitment of the older man.

EoinMag

I think his addiction to methamphetamine won't have done much for his mental state, I mean look at what the "nazi krank" is doing all over the world today.

galteeman

I think you will find he was terrible scoundrel altogether sure didn't he kill his dog as well.
Yep I think he use the poor old dog to test out a suicide pill. Disgraceful.

New Threads

Most Replies