• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The female of the species is more deadly than the male

farnaby

Opinion: Women have shown time and time again that they are a more deadly species than the male

...detailed research conducted by the US, British and Israeli military demonstrate conclusively that ‘mixed-gender’ units – on land, sea and in the air – consistently outperform all-male units in combat conditions.
Combat experience and military aviation research has shown that female pilots are particularly skilled at flying in stressful, high-noise and high-vibration environments whilst simultaneously operating weapons systems and communications systems.
I found this Tom Clonan article enlightening. It overturned my previous opinion that single-sex military units are more effective and should therefore be immune from token equality measures. Seems I underestimated women's propensity for (military) conflict.

Odd that Clonan didn't reference the most contemporary example of female fighting prowess - Kurdish YPG units fighting in Syria. But I'm starting to agree with him:

In short, women are effective at multi-tasking and have shown time and time again that they are indeed a more deadly species than the male

drummed

Maybe that's where IS went wrong? Not enough female recruits.

Trainwreck

Opinion: Women have shown time and time again that they are a more deadly species than the male

I found this Tom Clonan article enlightening. It overturned my previous opinion that single-sex military units are more effective and should therefore be immune from token equality measures. Seems I underestimated women's propensity for (military) conflict.

Odd that Clonan didn't reference the most contemporary example of female fighting prowess - Kurdish YPG units fighting in Syria. But I'm starting to agree with him:

Instant alarm bells on that "report".

I know that the US military has been conducting such evaluations for a long time and reach the exact opposite conclusion. Mixed forces are less effective.

Mixed-gender teams come up short in Marines' infantry experiment

All-male ground combat teams outperformed their mixed-gender counterparts in nearly every capacity during a recent infantry integration test, Marine Corps officials revealed Thursday.

Data collected during a monthslong experiment showed Marine teams with female members performed at lower overall levels, completed tasks more slowly and fired weapons with less accuracy than their all-male counterparts. In addition, female Marines sustained significantly higher injury rates and demonstrated lower levels of physical performance capacity overall, officials said.

mctree

There is always a great push in the media these days to make women out to be better than men. I'm sure if it were true then women would have been dominant in every society in every corner of the globe for all of recorded history.

Trainwreck

There is always a great push in the media these days to make women out to be better than men. I'm sure if it were true then women would have been dominant in every society in every corner of the globe for all of recorded history.
Well, I for one am all in favour of drafting women, exempting men and sending them all off to the desert to be killed and maimed.

Enjoy ladies...

A REASON

Oh jaysus, don't let females join the british army anyway. They're already raping eachother regularly, imagine how bad it would be for women!!!

silverharp

it sounds like nonsense, how many women could carry a pack, ammo and equipment weighing around 50kg for days on end. ? if women cant compete against men in sport they are going to be less effective in combat than a man. this only makes sense when its soldiers against disorganised militias and policing civilians
I could imagine more morale issues in a mixed unit , a male soldier looses a leg in an IED and he will get the retort that he hasn't lost it "its over there!" A female soldier gets caught up in an IED and the rest of the unit might take unwise risks to save the unfortunate that they wouldn't do if it was a male soldier.
sceptical of the findings to say the least

mctree

I have no problem with women in the army or in any other line or work. But enough of the women are better than men lark. They don't need to go down that road to sell the idea to the public.

farnaby

Instant alarm bells on that "report".

I know that the US military has been conducting such evaluations for a long time and reach the exact opposite conclusion. Mixed forces are less effective.

Mixed-gender teams come up short in Marines' infantry experiment
Horses for courses I expect. The counter-examples posted here are in traditional infantry roles where I can see women being less suited than men. But in more technology-based roles, perhaps it matters less or not at all e.g. the helicopter example in the OP, and IIRC Soviet women were more likely to be involved in e.g. anti-aircraft action than front line combat.

bunkmoreland

Recently a female detective was awarded 35,000Euros because she had feared a prisoner was about to spit excrement onto her face. I doubt that a male detective would have the chutzpah to sue in similar circumstances.

Betson

Indeed everyday you are saturated with articles about how women are superior to men in every field , but as you say still the vast majority of engineering , business, IT , scientific breakthroughs etc are coming from males , they are obvious stealing these ideas from brilliant females.

Of course the truth is that if a study showed that males might be more suited to or better at any discipline it would never see the light of day in most of our media.

Fair enough if they want more females in the army but dispense with the pro gender quota propaganda stuff such as the article above, going by the comment below it it seems he has a history of this and some people like a poster above are questioning what unnamed report he got his data from as the only published reports available seem to contradict his findings.

Will we ever see a public campaign to get more men into teaching or nursing etc as we do to get more women into the STEM disciplines or the army , guards etc , will we fook.

A REASON

:lol: Some men here don't like this report, women can't be better than men at anything! Soon enough they'll be having a go at the feminists, of course they really mean all women but feminists is a good cover word.

Mercurial

Now apply that reasoning to white people and black people.

silverharp

here is a female Marine captain not happy about women being allowed into infantry
[video=youtube;FjwtdhpcUzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjwtdhpcUzw[/video]

Betson

Now apply that reasoning to white people and black people.
I thought you were a big believer in that no gender or race is superior to the other etc etc.

Do you agree with articles that say otherwise?

mctree

:lol: Some men here don't like this report, women can't be better than men at anything! Soon enough they'll be having a go at the feminists, of course they really mean all women but feminists is a good cover word.
I'm sure most men wouldn't have a problem when they find something women are better at if the odd time we would see the same for men. But its just not popular to say men are better at anything. Besides in this case the evidence that women are better in the military is just not there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies