The Fight for Marriage Equality is not over- next up is Polyamorous Family Rights....

Catalpast

The Fight for Marriage Equality is not over- next up is Polyamorous Family Rights....

Yes Folks you thought it was all over

- but they have not gone away you know...:cool:

Three gay men say they have gained legal recognition as the first "polyamorous family" in Colombia, where same-sex marriages were legalised last year.

"We wanted to validate our household... and our rights, because we had no solid legal basis establishing us as a family," said one of the men, actor Victor Hugo Prada, in a video published by Colombian media on Monday.

Colombia gets first 'polyamorous family' as three men legally established as unit

This is one the great Human Rights issues of our times

- I can only conclude that if one does not support these 'Three Amigos' right to be considered a Family

- is a Homophobic BIGOT!:evil:

The_SR

There is no drive whatsoever for that here. And if by some odd sequence of events there is one we will discuss it on its merits products lack thereof in time. Until then this is silliness.

Catalpast

There is no drive whatsoever for that here. And if by some odd sequence of events there is one we will discuss it on its merits products lack thereof in time. Until then this is silliness.
If there is no moral argument against two men marrying each other

- what possible moral argument could there be

- against three men doing the same?

D

Deleted member 45466

So was Gay "marriage".

The_SR

- what possible moral argument could there be

- against three men doing the same?
Why men? What not two women and one man? Or one man and many women as exists in numerous religions? You managed to frame this in a homophobic way.

The_SR

So was Gay "marriage".
Gay marriage was extending a right to all couples that previously existed for some. If I can marry two women then a man should be able to marry two men. But I can't so what is the point of all this?

Catalpast

Why men? What not two women and one man? Or one man and many women as exists in numerous religions? You managed to frame this in a homophobic way.
Yes well that one is up in the Supreme Court this week IIRC

Watcher2

Yes Folks you thought it was all over

- but they have not gone away you know...:cool:

Three gay men say they have gained legal recognition as the first "polyamorous family" in Colombia, where same-sex marriages were legalised last year.

"We wanted to validate our household... and our rights, because we had no solid legal basis establishing us as a family," said one of the men, actor Victor Hugo Prada, in a video published by Colombian media on Monday.

Colombia gets first 'polyamorous family' as three men legally established as unit

This is one the great Human Rights issues of our times

- I can only conclude that if one does not support these 'Three Amigos' right to be considered a Family

- is a Homophobic BIGOT!:evil:
No. Your hatred of gay people makes you a homophobic bigot.

The_SR

Yes well that one is up in the Supreme Court this week IIRC
No its not. It was dealt with in 2011. Polygamous marriages from other states are not recognised here. End of.

gerhard dengler

With the number of Muslims settling here in this country from abroad, polygamy will probably have to be legalised here.

Congalltee

Catalpast: what google alert setting do you have? You and others of your ilk, have an amazing ability to find colourful news and rush to publish it here. It's obsessive. I'm sure you present as straight male but your Google history says otherwise.

D

Deleted member 45466

Gay marriage was extending a right to all couples that previously existed for some. If I can marry two women then a man should be able to marry two men. But I can't so what is the point of all this?
Up until recently gay "marriage" would have been seen as ludicrous, and rightly so. Now it's taken as par for the course, so why should we embrace other variations on an original theme?

It's about equality, inclusivity and most importantly, LOVE.

The_SR

Up until recently gay "marriage" would have been seen as ludicrous, and rightly so. Now it's taken as par for the course, so why should we embrace other variations on an original theme?

So it will be about polygamous relationships across the board. Why fix on the gays ones? You see the problem with this shte?

Emily Davison

No. Your hatred of gay people makes you a homophobic bigot.
Today I had a European friend come up to me in shock, she couldn't believe Ireland had jumped so fast, with other countries taking a few decades, not only is the new prime minister gay, but he's foreign, she thought it was hilarious. I found it incredibly difficult to explain the DUP though.

Catalpast

I think we have touched a Raw Nerve here Folks!:D

I think my OP is very valid

Basically it is this

- then what is the moral argument against three men marrying each other?

SayItAintSo

No its not. It was dealt with in 2011. Polygamous marriages from other states are not recognised here. End of.
The Supreme Court are ruling on this, this month. A Lebanese man is attempting to have both his marriages recognised here.

New Threads

Most Replies