• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

“The Filthy Irish” ???

Armchair Activist

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on here who is satisfied with standard of public cleanliness in Ireland, particularly that along our roadsides???

Usually this wouldn’t catch my eye a great deal but to see the state of the roadsides coming in along the N11 around the Shankill/Ballybrack area in south Dublin worried me to say the least. I mean Jesus Christ lads, it’s not that hard to pick up the phone and have the council lads out there first thing Monday morning :roll:

Imagine for any tourists coming up from Rosslare or even people on the way to Glendalough and other tourist locations around that Wicklow area from the airport and the impression they must get from seeing miles of filth greet them as they look out the windows. Quite embarrassing if you ask me!

But hopefully its just confined to Dublin!

Maximilian

Armchair Activist said:
Imagine for any tourists coming up from Rosslare or even people on the way to Glendalough and other tourist locations around that Wicklow area from the airport and the impression they must get from seeing miles of filth greet them as they look out the windows. Quite embarrassing if you ask me!
Well, at least it's not as bad as Campania.

sickpuppy

Maximilian said:
Armchair Activist said:
Well, at least its not as bad as Campania.
thats naples isn't it, filtiest hole of a town i've ever been in

jerryp

Armchair Activist said:
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on here who is satisfied with standard of public cleanliness in Ireland, particularly that along our roadsides???

Usually this wouldn’t catch my eye a great deal but to see the state of the roadsides coming in along the N11 around the Shankill/Ballybrack area in south Dublin worried me to say the least. I mean Jesus Christ lads, it’s not that hard to pick up the phone and have the council lads out there first thing Monday morning :roll:

It's not just a Dublin thing. I've had occassion to be on the streets of many of our cities and towns early on Sunday mornings and you'd wonder if those on the streets the previous night were even human !

Ronanr

That is very comforting thought, Maximilian.

Maybe FF should adopt it as a campaign slogan?

"Ireland under Fianna Fail: Well, at least it is not as bad as Campania!"

Armchair Activist

socialdemocrate said:
Maximilian said:
Armchair Activist said:
thats naples isn't it, filtiest hole of a town i've ever been in
*cough* ehm.... I hope by Naples you're reffering to Dundalk!

We don’t want her slipping off the tracks already!

CookieMonster

No. Irish people are a ******* disgrace.

What bugs me is that some people take the time to collect the rubbish in their car, tie it neatly into plastic bad and then throw it out the window. Just keep it in the car until you get home!!!

Though you've reminded me on the day I saw a car stopped at traffic lights and the driver threw an empty coffee cup out the window, a woman crossing at the lights picked it up and threw it back in the window at him. More militant anti-litter people is what we need.

antagoniser

We're a filthy race. Our personal hygiene was practically non-existant before we discovered what a shower is, and we're still a disgrace. It is no coincidence that we have such a high incidence MRSA

CookieMonster

antagoniser said:
We're a filthy race. Our personal hygiene was practically non-existant before we discovered what a shower is, and we're still a disgrace. It is no coincidence that we have such a high incidence of that virus that is related to lack of hygiene...can't remember the name of it?
BO?

qtman

Armchair Activist said:
It isn't. I live in Leitrim; its filthy, and no one appears to care.

I go out once a month a pick up all te crap along the road near me, but its just the same a couple of days later.

qtman

antagoniser said:
We're a filthy race. Our personal hygiene was practically non-existant before we discovered what a shower is, and we're still a disgrace. It is no coincidence that we have such a high incidence MRSA
I once went out with a girl from Galway who thought that my most appealing characteristic was that I was 'clean'.

cactus flower

I think there are distinct signs of clean up. Do you remember the festoons of plastic bags that used to be in the hedges. Towns have definitely started to clean up with Business Wallahs Against Litter or whatever.
What is not so good is the dumping by people who cant afford rubbish collection (or who are too cheap)
Most litter seems to be a by-product of snack food and smoking - couldnt we have a special litter levy on these unneccesary and unsightly products?

Auditor #9

Website
www.*******.com
antagoniser said:
Is MRSA really related to hygiene or where does it come from? If it comes directly from hygiene or lack of it then we're our own worst enemies.

And.. is picking the nose really that disgusting?

joel

antagoniser said:

"We're?" - and you are a filthy racist.

You are always making racist comments. If it is wrong to be racist to different groups then that must also apply to the Irish.

antagoniser

CookieMonster said:
antagoniser said:
We're a filthy race. Our personal hygiene was practically non-existant before we discovered what a shower is, and we're still a disgrace. It is no coincidence that we have such a high incidence of that virus that is related to lack of hygiene...can't remember the name of it?
BO?
:lol:
Damn you! I edited that post, I just had a weird blank and couldn't think of the name MRSA. (And BO is bacteria ;) )

antagoniser

Auditor #9 said:
antagoniser said:
Is MRSA really related to hygiene or where does it come from? If it comes directly from hygiene or lack of it then we're our own worst enemies.

Lack of basic hygiene allows it to be transmitted easily.

antagoniser

joel said:
antagoniser said:

"We're?" - and you are a filthy racist.

You are always making racist comments. If it is wrong to be racist to different groups then that must also apply to the Irish.
:lol:
Go away you smelly git!

joel

antagoniser said:
Auditor #9 said:
antagoniser said:

Lack of basic hygiene allows it to be transmitted easily.

And I'd say you stink!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies