The Final Dollar Collapse Part 1: Record low against the Swiss Franc

Cassandra Syndrome

Well helicopter Ben's mission to debase the dollar into oblivion appears to be into its final stages. With the hint of Quantitative Easing round 2 the dollar index is plummeting and is at a record low against the best currency in the world, the Swiss Franc.

The USDCHD just printed at 0.9780, the lowest ever in history. The dollar obliteration, and the rush to safety away from the psychopaths of the Federal Reserve continues. Surely the destruction that the Fed is reaping everywhere will get investors to regain their confidence in what is now nothing more than a battlefield where the central bankers of the world can conduct their own little pissing contest while the HFT algos watch in awe and buy ************************.
Dollar Hits All Time Low Against Swiss Franc | zero hedge

Cassandra Syndrome

How many collapses have you now told us about CS? You are the starwars of p.ie.
How much do they pay you per post to troll?

Going by your p1ss poor standard I hope its got a nano in front of it.

Sync

Give us a date CS. You like dates. How'd that April emergency budget go?

Éireann go Brách

Who do you work for?
Whats your agenda?
25 posts a day approx?
AFAIK the vast majority of your posts are negative econmic news
correct me if I am wrong.
Or you really just a concerned citizen?

Things are bad enough without people like you depressing everyone
with a endless stream of bad reports easy to find in a bear market.

In a depressed econmic environment we should not make things worse
than they are.

I don't read a lot of the econmic threads in great detail so correct me
if I wrong.

captainwillard

The Swiss Franc is a minor currency. What on earth can its relationship with the largest economy in the world tell us about the collapse of the dollar?

You are preaching doom and gloom everyday, none of which ever seems to happen. Even the bond market stabilised today, albeit at high yield for Ireland.

Hard luck CS but the world still goes on. Bet you use those irish euros of yours to pay the internet bill. See, it works.. finance and commerce work.

Cassandra Syndrome

Who do you work for?
Whats your agenda?
25 posts a day approx?
AFAIK the vast majority of your posts are negative econmic news
correct me if I am wrong.
Or you really just a concerned citizen?

Things are bad enough without people like you depressing everyone
with a endless stream of bad reports easy to find in a bear market.

In a depressed econmic environment we should not make things worse
than they are.

I don't read a lot of the econmic threads in great detail so correct me
if I wrong.
So what do you want? Happy clappy news acting as morphine so you can numb out the journey on road to serfdom?

You don't have to read this. Nobody is asking you. Captainwiniarllnker is an annoying troll and offers nothing to this forum but winding up people who are trying to filter out the crap thats out there. So hence the backdraft.

Do you think economics is based around moods? "Oh its all them doomsayers fault with their negative talking down the economy all the time."

Wise up. Get with it and stop being such a spanner. We live in a world with scarce resources and how we allocate them determines our survival and happiness.

Resorting to creating money out of thin air resorts to only one conclusion. I would refer to Zimbabwe for clues there.

What would you do? Whats your solution?

Sure you keep rearranging them deckchairs on the Titanic, some of us are thinking of how to build lifeboats.

captainwillard

So what do you want? Happy clappy news acting as morphine so you can numb out the journey on road to serfdom?

You don't have to read this. Nobody is asking you. Captainwiniarllnker is an annoying troll and offers nothing to this forum but winding up people who are trying to filter out the crap thats out there. So hence the backdraft.

Do you think economics is based around moods? "Oh its all them doomsayers fault with their negative talking down the economy all the time."

Wise up. Get with it and stop being such a spanner. We live in a world with scarce resources and how we allocate them determines our survival and happiness.

Resorting to creating money out of thin air resorts to only one conclusion. I would refer to Zimbabwe for clues there.

What would you do? Whats your solution?

Sure you keep rearranging them deckchairs on the Titanic, some of us are thinking of how to build lifeboats.
You don't lilke my posts because I burst your negative bubble. The latest headline is classic CS. The end of the dollar is announced rather bombastically because it has fallen below a very minor currency.

And yes, the Swiss franc is a minor currency. Switzerland's economy is equivalent to probably only 3% of US economy.

I dont know if I should nickname you Star Wars.

Cassandra Syndrome

The Swiss Franc is a minor currency. What on earth can its relationship with the largest economy in the world tell us about the collapse of the dollar?

You are preaching doom and gloom everyday, none of which ever seems to happen. Even the bond market stabilised today, albeit at high yield for Ireland.

Hard luck CS but the world still goes on. Bet you use those irish euros of yours to pay the internet bill. See, it works.. finance and commerce work.
You are showing up your ignorance again. The Swiss Franc is one of the major currencies and is seen as a safe haven and reserve currency.

The Swiss franc has historically been considered a safe haven currency with virtually zero inflation and a legal requirement that a minimum of 40% be backed by gold reserves.[8] However, this link to gold, which dates from the 1920s, was terminated on 1 May 2000 following a referendum.[9] By March 2005, following a gold selling program, the Swiss National Bank held 1,290 tonnes of gold in reserves which equated to 20% of its assets
Even RTE news at one quotes the Euro against it alnog with Sterling, the US Dollar and the yen.

No doubt CW will respond with some other mind numbing tripe without stopping to ponder about the consequences of printing money out of thin air.

captainwillard

You are showing up your ignorance again. The Swiss Franc is one of the major currencies and is seen as a safe haven and reserve currency.

Even RTE news at one quotes the Euro against it alnog with Sterling, the US Dollar and the yen.

No doubt CW will respond with some other mind numbing tripe without stopping to ponder about the consequences of printing money out of thin air.

CS, I watch the business channels extremely regularly. Never do I hear the Swiss franc described as a major currency. All discussions are about dollar, yen, yuan euro and STG.

The Swiss franc is strong but not a major currency.It is not used widely in trade. After all, the population of Switzerland is little more than that of the island of Ireland.

To start a thread with a statement that the dollar is collapsing because of its relationship with the swiss franc is silly and misguided. It does your reputation and credibility very little good.

You have now been wrong so much, it really is a joke. Are you so locked into negativity that you cannot see that the orld is not about to end?

jimmyfour

The franc has been steadily gaining in strength as the dollar, pound and euro have all significantly weakened against it.

It is a major currency with regard to lots of wealth, and it's of no consequence to the average schmuck wondering why his Starbucks costs $8 Americobucks instead of US$3

captainwillard

Reputation and credibility? How many times is it now CS has forseen the end of the world? :)
His offerings are laughable. Some time back he reported about the collapse of a share price for a major listed company. The company in question had just had a bonus issue on a one for one basis and naturally the share had opened 50% lower. I bet he was very disappoined that day.

But to answer your question, he has been predicting the end of the world for a long time. Bet it never happens though.

Cassandra Syndrome

CS, I watch the business channels extremely regularly. Never do I hear the Swiss franc described as a major currency. All discussions are about dollar, yen, yuan euro and STG.

The Swiss franc is strong but not a major currency.It is not used widely in trade. After all, the population of Switzerland is little more than that of the island of Ireland.

To start a thread with a statement that the dollar is collapsing because of its relationship with the swiss franc is silly and misguided. It does your reputation and credibility very little good.

You have now been wrong so much, it really is a joke. Are you so locked into negativity that you cannot see that the orld is not about to end?
What do you think of Rick Santelli or Jim luorio's views on this?

Maybe you do watch it but have yet to work out what the letters CHF mean that frequently show up on the top righthand corner of the screen.

Stop digging a hole for yourself.

captainwillard

What do you think of Rick Santelli or Jim luorio's views on this?

Maybe you do watch it but have yet to work out what the letters CHF mean that frequently show up on the top righthand corner of the screen.

Stop digging a hole for yourself.
Please please CS. The ticker shows the Australian dollar, NZ dollar and Canadian dollar and even the Rand. But discussions with currency traders never mention Swiss franc.

Why is it not discussed? Because it is minor and would probably be viewed as some sort of proxy for the euro.

Cassandra Syndrome

His offerings are laughable. Some time back he reported about the collapse of a share price for a major listed company. The company in question had just had a bonus issue on a one for one basis and naturally the share had opened 50% lower. I bet he was very disappoined that day.

But to answer your question, he has been predicting the end of the world for a long time. Bet it never happens though.
Can you link that?

How laughable it is having a lunatic trying to condescend you while he /she has a I used to be another username underneath their current one.

And end of the world? The world will move on. Lets hope still with 7 Billion People free of statism, tyranny and war.

Cassandra Syndrome

Reputation and credibility? How many times is it now CS has forseen the end of the world? :)
Link or quote that please?

In the meantime let me compromise the motives for you posting that with you maybe being something of an apologist for cushy Keynesianism / monetarism setups out of self interest.

Ok, off you go.

Paddythai

Very few threads on this web site are essentially positive.
I would love to see a thread started with ideas outlining the solution to our countries problems.

Regarding Cs's views here it cannot be denied that the Fed's policy of continuing to print dollars is going to lead to a devaluation of the dollar whether that be against the Swiss franc or any other currency.

Cassandra Syndrome

Please please CS. The ticker shows the Australian dollar, NZ dollar and Canadian dollar and even the Rand. But discussions with currency traders never mention Swiss franc.

Why is it not discussed? Because it is minor and would probably be viewed as some sort of proxy for the euro.
Yet more secondary data to back up my opinions

5. Swiss Franc (CHF)
Central Bank: Swiss National Bank (SNB)
Current Interest Rate: Swiss National Bank (SNB) Current interest rates and exchange rates

A Banker's Currency
Different from all other major central banks, the Swiss National Bank is viewed as a governing body with private and public ownership. This belief stems from the fact that the Swiss National Bank is technically a corporation under special regulation. As a result, a little over half of the governing body is owned by the sovereign states of Switzerland. It is this arrangement that emphasizes the economic and financial stability policies dictated by the governing board of the SNB. Smaller than most governing bodies, monetary policy decisions are created by three major bank heads who meet on a quarterly basis.

The governing board creates the band (plus or minus 25 basis points) of where the interest rate will reside.

Similar to the euro, the Swiss franc (CHF) hardly makes significant moves in the any of the individual sessions. As a result, look for this particular currency to trade in the average daily range of 35 pips per day. High-frequency volume for this currency is usually pitted for the London session (2am - 8am EST). (For more on the CHF, read Forex: Making Sense Of The Euro/Swiss Franc Relationship.)
Top 8 Most Tradable Currencies

Sorry to disappoint you but your annoying derailment techniques are not going to achieve your objective of me responding with a highly emotively charged foul mouthed retort.

So keep up the spoofing and the trolling. Everyone can see right through you.

:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies