• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The forward thinking Dutch

A view from England

Our Dutch friends are never afraid of facing up to a challenge. Whereas in the UK and Ireland we hand our track suited class new housing and thousands of pounds or euro each year in benefits, the Dutch are trying another solution.
Amsterdam to create 'scum villages' - Telegraph

Whilst the title if this story may be a tad near the knuckle, this experiment should be watched carefully in my view. If it works then I for one would welcome trials of such schemes in the UK. Whilst I have no objections in supporting the disabled, sick and those who have paid into the welfare system, handing over squillions in welfare to those who just can't be bothered has to end. This Dutch move could be a way forward.

fizzgig

What is the percentage of people who are getting benefits who can't be bothered? I'd like some hard facts before the ranting starts.

eoghanacht

From the article:

The Dutch Parool newspaper observed that the policy was not a new one. In the 19th century, troublemakers were moved to special villages in Drenthe and Overijssel outside Amsterdam. The villages were rarely successful, becoming sink estates for the lawless

Not so forward thinking but I like the idea. I live in a council estate and know all about scumbag neighbours.

Bismarck

Why do law-abiding people have to put up with people who no all about their rights but have no responsibilities. What suggestions do those people who rubbish this suggestion from one of the most liberal countries in the world have? is is societies fault? should we double benefits?

The Field Marshal

The Dutch as well as legally murdering babies are also murdering their elderly citizens.

Its called euthansia without request and has become increasingly common in their backward , savage and putrid society.

Truth.ie

The Dutch as well as legally murdering babies are also murdering their elderly citizens.

Its called euthansia without request and has become increasingly common in their backward , savage and putrid society.
We have euthanasia as well. It's called switching off the machines.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
What is the percentage of people who are getting benefits who can't be bothered? I'd like some hard facts before the ranting starts.
Well according to some posters it's anyone without a job. Anyone.

asset test

Sometimes anti social behaviour comes from those living in high end areas too.

But it doesn't matter where you live, a nasty neighbour must be one of life's worst punishments.

The Field Marshal

We have euthanasia as well. It's called switching off the machines.
You know nothing.

Elderly People are being injected and deliberately murdered in care homes Holland so that selfish relatives can get their hands on their assetts.

Babies are being murdered so that selfish women can avoid their responsibilities.

That is the putrid society that is Holland.

blokesbloke

To be honest I think it's a good idea. There are already failed sink estates which are lawless, it's just there are some decent people on them who are afraid to go out and live in utter misery.

I've often felt that in the case of noisy neighbours, for example, why not make them live next door to someone else who is equally noisy - then they can either cancel each other out or learn just how annoying their own noise was.

It's worth a try - and if anyone on in them finally begin to understand the impact their behaviour has, they could be incentivised to move off the estate for a trial period to somewhere normal, knowing that they will be sent back if they return to their old ways.

blokesbloke

Yes, but what do you think of the issues raised in the OP?

amsterdemmetje

You know nothing.

Elderly People are being injected and deliberately murdered in care homes Holland so that selfish relatives can get their hands on their assetts.

Babies are being murdered so that selfish women can avoid their responsibilities.

Oh look, PIEs very own Kracken has awoken again, to puke out more of his vile hysterical lies.
Could you plese give us a link to those who have been tried and convicted of these murders ,in your own time.
When you've finished that could ever fup off back to your cave .

toconn

You know nothing.

Lunacy and fundamentalism , sometimes it's hard to tell the difference !

southwestkerry

I have to say I do not like the Dutch answer to anything as its always legalize this that and the other and let what ever happens happen.
SWK