The Frontline (04/10/2010): Finances and Fares

nicht besonders

Hack

ManOfReason

It is easy to see why Berie Ahern had so much support within the Unions - they all shared the same ill-informed disregard for basic economics in favour of looking after number 1.

nonpartyboy

I'm a union man, but blair horan is a gob************************e , tax,tax,tax. He supposed to represent low paid civil servants, but is quite clearly in the pockets of management. "maybe we could look a the pensioners on 100-150k", what about all the ones on pensions of 40k plus ?

Luigi Vampa

Dunlin3

I'm a union man, but blair horan is a gob************************e , tax,tax,tax. He supposed to represent low paid civil servants, but is quite clearly in the pockets of management. "maybe we could look a the pensioners on 100-150k", what about all the ones on pensions of 40k plus ?
Absolutely. There should be nobody in receipt of a public pension in excess of 50k. It's much more than most people will ever earn for working.

turdsl

This guy did not get elected. the greens are at 2%, more destruction by Bertie of our Economy.The cheek he wants F.G and Lab to take the blame for the harm this government has done.

timfinnegan

Correct, he's only worried about his own pension.

BringBackNavanMan

why have they got an unelected green representing government?

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
Dan O'Brien (correction: Blair Horan) said 10,000 jobs gone in the public sector in the last two years??? Is he talking full time jobs?

Last edited:

DCon

Blair Horan seems to think he runs the country

As an aside, he should really visit the same wig/toupe-maker that Lenihan and Cowen use. The comb down is not working

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
Absolutely. There should be nobody in receipt of a public pension in excess of 50k. It's much more than most people will ever earn for working.
what percentage of civil servants are on that sort of pension. They'd need 40 years and to have been earning over 100k at retirement.

And should such high pensions be also banned in the private sector?

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
why have they got an unelected green representing government?
Because he can be dismissed as not being on cabinet, and act as a lightening rod. And because the rest of them who *are* in cabinet are scared of their lives to face the mob on Frontline (apart from the nice smartly dressed and hair-brylcreamed young man in the back who reluctantly admitted his Fianna Fail membership).

Dan Boyle also said something about "options being presented" after the budget when asked about a general election now rather than then...a bit of a mumble, need to check on RTE player. Anyone catch it?

DCon

timfinnegan

Blair needs a new hair stylist alright, as the comb-over is not working.

PS pensions for the higher paid & Gardai bear no resemblance to what the recepients pay in.

Dunlin3

what percentage of civil servants are on that sort of pension. They'd need 40 years and to have been earning over 100k at retirement.

And should such high pensions be also banned in the private sector?
I don't know, The Irish Times had an article on Saturday, there was quite a few on 100k plus!

Private sector pensions are nothing to do with public sector pensions. The tax payer pays these pensions and in a small country the top level pension payments are immoral. The pension levels of many private sector pensions are also immoral but the state isn't picking up the tab.

BringBackNavanMan

I'm not doing a four year plan for my job.....I don't think it will last that long

Chrisco

I feckin hope Mr Magoo isn't a taxi driver!

Damien45

Another waste of time discussing the taxi business

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies