• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Frontline 05/11/12: The Children's Referendum

Neutron

The Children's Referendum

Monday, on The Frontline, 22.30pm RTE One.

On Saturday, November 10th, we’ll go to the polls to cast our votes in the Children’s Referendum. This Referendum proposes to place a dedicated Article in the Constitution concerning the rights of children and their views. It also includes elements regarding State intervention if parents fail in their duty and issues surrounding adoption. But are you still unsure how to vote? Is there a question you’d like to ask?

On November 5th, Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, Frances Fitzgerald will be in The Frontline studio to discuss the Referendum and address your concerns. So why not get involved!

If you’re interested in participating in this item, then get in touch with The Frontline team at thefrontlineaudience@rte.ie or call us on 01 2082941.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1024/blog-blog_24thoctober2012.html

Related Forum

P.ie - Childrens Referendum Forum

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online

As its november 5th.

Last edited:
S

simeongrimes

Pat Kenny is allowed to moderate a debate before an election after what happened the last time? RTE really have poor standards don't they. That's actually a disgrace.

Half Nelson

Is this the same Frances Fitzgerald, who debated for Yes on VB and whose photo appears on the government website and booklet that the High Court judged to be neutral?

eoghanacht

Good OP, but why included a reference to the gun powder plot other than the date what have the two got in common?

eoghanacht

Pat Kenny is allowed to moderate a debate before an election after what happened the last time? RTE really have poor standards don't they. That's actually a disgrace.

You're working under the assumption that RTE behave rationally.

nonpartyboy

We will hear lots of yes people going on about 3 or 4 shocking cases, but we never here how was it let happen, it certainly was nothing to do with the constitution that's for sure.

PlanetBertie

I was going to vote No because of the socail taking lola's baby on Eastenders, but now Dim Dana is advocating no, so now i am confused.

rgaok

I was going to vote No because of the socail taking lola's baby on Eastenders, but now Dim Dana is advocating no, so now i am confused.
Now that Dopey Dana's advocating a NO vote the YES will surely win.
wouldn't you think she would have just disappeared after the eejit she made of herself in the Presidential election.
Is she not afraid someone will try to assassinate her again petunia

nonpartyboy

How many lies have fg told us so far, i wouldn't believe a word they say.....

SayItAintSo

A social worker on the Late Debate the other night, John Devine, had a very good argument against the 3 year time frame. Having worked in the system, he said many children are left to drift in foster care. Social workers with huge caseloads, move on to the next case. There is no real effort, due to lack of resources, to attempt meaningful reintegration with the child's family.

borntorum

Jesus, John Waters is such a conspiracy freak. He is crazy.

Neutron

Fuk me!

€325 euro per week to foster a child upto 12 and €359 12 -18

thebig C

Now that Dopey Dana's advocating a NO vote the YES will surely win.
wouldn't you think she would have just disappeared after the eejit she made of herself in the Presidential election.
Is she not afraid someone will try to assassinate her again petunia
I heard her on the News tonight.....she is using the exact same arguements in support of a No vote as she used in the Presidential election!

Last edited:

mr. jings

jesus, but pat can make a horse's ass of himself sometimes. just turned on so i'm kind of glad i missed waters doing his thing.

johnny365

Judging by the clapping from the audience for Waters (No side) the audience must be packed with Youth Defence, Christian Solidarity Right wing loon type Catholics.

nonpartyboy

It's not like the irish state hasn't stolen children before.......so the yes voters are the ones asking us to trust them, no voters can point to decades of state interference in families.