• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Frontline 3/12/12 22.35pm

Neutron

BUDGET 2013: SACRED COWS

RTE ONE 22.35 03/12/12

Brian Lucey
Brian Hayes TD
Dr Donal Donavan
Pearse Doherty TD

According to a tweet by Brian Lucey tonights show is about "Sacred Cows".

"Looking forward to being on @rtefrontline tonight about sacred cows"

https://twitter.com/rtefrontline

Pearse V Hayes!

Should be a good show tonight.

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online

Brain Lucey has wrote an article on the "Sacred Cows".

So we will see on Wednesday how nasty the budget bite is to be. We know the broad parameters, with the cabinet clearly leaking like a sieve, and it has been clear over the last few weeks that the reality is beginning to hit home that the pain is not just not over but will be more and more intense as we cut deeper into the deficit. A lot of the low hanging fruit is gone and we have heard time and again “nothing is off the table” when it comes to the budget. But of course, that is not the case. Whole ranges of things are, explicitly or implicitly, off the table and will not be touched in the budget. Ring-fencing anything while the state hemorrhages money is not a good idea.
http://brianmlucey.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/budgetary-sacred-cows/

Last edited:

poolfan81

What the frontline going to discuss Pat, Marian, Miriam and Joe's salary

Wow RTE you impress me!

james5001

You never know, could be about Hinduism.

james5001

Or a discussion of the poster drummed
;)
(Hi drummed)

eoghanacht

Oooh, millionaires talking about the need to cut welfare, pensioners and to heap more tax on the already exasperated coping classes, think I'll pas.

hammer

SF have lost the little credibility they had left with the €800m wealth tax based on 2007 levels of wealth.

james5001

SF have lost the little credibility they had left with the €800m wealth tax based on 2007 levels of wealth.
Its easy to attack other parties all the time. You should look at your own, they are the ones in government.

wombat

Pity Morgan Kelly has nothing to say, he's scarily worth listening to.

hammer

I hope PK covers the €1.7 trillion in debt that the Sindo says we owe collectively.

Analyzer

Millionaires will discuss poverty.

The discussion will be chaired by somebody who might be a millionaire (well he has earned a fortune) or who might not be (well he blew a lot of money also).

I will not be watching this. Hayes is unendurable.

It will be interesting to hear if Hayes tries to talk up the property market again. I just reckon he is chomping at the bit to tell people that there are not enough houses....

Hewson

Ooohh, God noo . . .

Brian fupping Hayes.

Are the pubs closed yet . . ?

Kevin Doyle

Millionaires will discuss poverty.

The discussion will be chaired by somebody who might be a millionaire (well he has earned a fortune) or who might not be (well he blew a lot of money also).

I will not be watching this. Hayes is unendurable.
That and 'Bad Santa' is on TV3

Analyzer

BUDGET 2013: SACRED COWS

RTE
What the frontline going to discuss Pat, Marian, Miriam and Joe's salary

Wow RTE you impress me!
Will they discuss quangos, semi-quangos (like the third level sector institutions) ?

(while participating on a forum controlled by a quango - where the remit never includes the obvious).

Analyzer

PUFF DADDY

Pity Morgan Kelly has nothing to say, he's scarily worth listening to.
He really does not come out that often, not on camera which is a pity, but then he is not out for the limelight. Articles are always well received, but it has been awhile..Like to hear his take on the current situation here and EU in particular.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies