The Frontline - Byelection Debate with all 6 candidates, 22.35 - RTE1

breakingnews

Along with a discussion on the possible bailout

The Frontline will have all six candidates in the Donegal South West by election live in studio. It's been said that this is one of the most crucial by-elections ever and with the Dail arithmetic so tight and a crucial budget breathing down our necks there's quite a bit of justification in saying that.TDs are elected as national legislators and not local councillors so we'll be trying to get their answers to the big national issues given that their vote on the budget and the four-year plan could have a crucial bearing on the country's future.
- Frontline press release.

More Father Ted stuff tonight, can't wait.

commonman

i will watch the nfl on sky sports it will make more sense to me than listening to six ass holes

louis bernard

I do hope for the Labour party’s sake that some one has had a long talk with the idiot standing for them in the forth coming by election.

trekkypj

Bring popcorn and some laughing gas.

Should be priceless to watch.

Mister men

I don't accept that.

Sync

The current odds from PaddyPower:

Pearse Doherty (SF)
2/5
Brian O'Domhnaill (FF) 7/4
Barry O'Neill (FG) 9/1
Frank McBrearty Jr. (Lab) 11/1
Thomas Pringle (Ind) 33/1
Anne Sweeney 33/1
Green Candidate 150/1
I'd vote for Anonymous Green before McBrearty. An imaginary person would be of more benefit than him.

anewbeginning

I would be utterly amazed if the people of DSE elect a member of the very party, FF, who tried so long and at such expense to the taxpayer, to deny their democratic representation in Dail Eirean.

And yet the FF candidate is now second favourite and in with a shout of winning.

Surely the people of DSE need to send a strong message to FF, rather than rewarding them.

If FF win DSE it's more than likely the government will hold on until 2012.

anewbeginning

If ever there was a time to parachute in an election candidate with experience of economics, finance, etc and real intelligence, now was the time.

All of the candidates strike me as parish pump politicians.

justme1

The fact that the FF candidate is at least second fav for the seat here tells it's own story,FFS we need to change the utter nonsense of people being elected to the Dail who are nothing more than glorified town councilors,so i want to see which party (won't hold my breath,there all in it together blah blah blah,but parish pump politics has destroyed this country and the very meaning of the Dail) will even mention this in their manifesto,their are many elephants in the room when it comes to Irish politics but this one really needs to be sorted out,you get elected to the Dail and you deal in national politics and national politics only,with the utter mess we are in and the the even bigger mess on the way,this elephant in the room of Irish politics up to now has to stop!!!

Sync

I would be utterly amazed if the people of DSE elect a member of the very party, FF, who tried so long and at such expense to the taxpayer, to deny their democratic representation in Dail Eirean.

And yet the FF candidate is now second favourite and in with a shout of winning.

Surely the people of DSE need to send a strong message to FF, rather than rewarding them.

If FF win DSE it's more than likely the government will hold on until 2012.
In fairness, the odds are a little conservative IMO. O'Domhnaill's actually done a decent job in interviews, but he's only second favourite because there's only 2 real candidates in the race. The rest are time wasters.

McBrearty should actually be a point of concern for Labour. He's gotten a lot of exposure in the past few weeks, and it's all utterly horrendous. He damages the party every time he speaks. If you know you're not going to win a by-election then fine, don't put resources into it. But pick a young, well spoken candidate for God's sake. This could have been an opportunity for a 28-35 year old to go out there on National television and speak about the future Labour offer the country. Even if you lose, you're still putting forward a positive message to potential voters.

Instead they've put this bad joke in the public eye. This is the guy who's represented the party on numerous high profile television outings. Pathetic.

stripey cat

It's fairly low res, but you can relive the moment here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-bH7B7A_c]The Wave[/ame]

tribade

That professor dude doesn't accept much? Where have I heard those words before ................

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies