The GAA bashing seasons starts again

redneck

Once again there is a lot of GAA bashing going on. Usually by the mainstream media and "Lefty" types. Who are into Rugby and Soccer. How long will it be before we get the headlines: Ban the GAA!

PBP voter

Joe Brolly bashes the GAA every week.

He is constantly pointing out the problems.

Nobody is listen. Which is unfortunate.

redneck

Joe Brolly bashes the GAA every week.

He is constantly pointing out the problems.

Nobody is listen. Which is unfortunate.
Joe Brolly is a GAA hero. Unlike you. Who are a troll in my opinion.

The_SR

Once again there is a lot of GAA bashing going on. Usually by the mainstream media and "Lefty" types. Who are into Rugby and Soccer. How long will it be before we get the headlines: Ban the GAA!
Any examples of this? Any worse than what congress from within the gaa? I suppose its better than the gaa actually trying to destroy other sports as is their tradition.

The_SR

Joe Brolly is a GAA hero. Unlike you. Who are a troll in my opinion.
He is a troll but he has a point here. What is the difference between pointing out problems and bashing?

razorblade

The gaa gets the most coverage in the country, all major games have estensive radio and tv coverage, i dont know how that equates to media bashing.

GDPR

The GAA is the unthinking game to watch, lots of action and hurly burly, soccer the game to play if you have the skills but not the brains or discipline for a proper team game and Rugby is the game for the thinking man, both to play or to watch.

I played & watch all 3 so I know this, no arguments please.

And in their own way there's a place for all 3.

redneck

The GAA is the unthinking game to watch, lots of action and hurly burly, soccer the game to play if you have the skills but not the brains or discipline for a proper team game and Rugby is the game for the thinking man, both to play or to watch.

yes all sports have a place in helping our Youth. I played GAA and Soccer. I did'nt play Rugby. Rugby is fine but seems to have a problem with "Drink culture" which the others have not. Examples Guinness Pro 12, Heineken Cup (ok it has changed now)

redneck

Any examples of this? Any worse than what congress from within the gaa? I suppose its better than the gaa actually trying to destroy other sports as is their tradition.
I like Soccer, I played it and have gone to loads of games in Ireland and England. There is no ban on any body playing it in this country.

The_SR

I like Soccer, I played it and have gone to loads of games in Ireland and England. There is no ban on any body playing it in this country.
There was and the gas used a range of tactics to try and stop people enjoying football.

But none of this matters without some examples of what you are on about.

Glenshane4

There was and the gas used a range of tactics to try and stop people enjoying football.

But none of this matters without some examples of what you are on about.
The GAA had a right to impose conditions for continued membership. And should reinstate those conditions.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

:lol:

Rugby is a game for apes with aggression problems who have all the grace of an anaemic walrus. By this I mean those who participate and those who 'enjoy' watching it.

Nobody really likes rugby, they just say they do. I played rugby in school for a time and gave up. When my clueless teacher asked why I was quitting I told him it was because I wanted to play a real sport, not a pretend one for people with no sporting ability.

I played hurling instead.

statsman

Where? A link please or a trip to the azoo.

between the bridges

Ffs would if be to much to ask for ye lot to keep moi informed as to when the slap ball bashing season starts? community outreach moi's hole... End the racism support foreign games...

redneck

The Grab All Association are a blight on this country.
Well maybe the GAA should withdraw their grounds for use for the Rugby World cup then- hahahaha.

redneck

I am glad to see that the Gaelic Club players are forming an Association. To help get some fair play for them.
Anyway you can zoo this thread if you want- I have made my point, look at post by "Supra" above. This sums up the situation.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies