The Gardai defending our rights.

stripey cat

There was one particular gentleman, (he had the head of a gaurd) in plainclothes filming peaceful protestors at LH after the union march.

He refused to answer questions as to who he was and what right he had in filming private citizens, i have a pic of him on my fone.

He has every right to film in a public place, but you also have a right to stick his picture up here. Let's have a look at him.

YouTube - Act Naturally

Capt Blah

Website
www.mehearty.blogspot.com
He has every right to film in a public place, but you also have a right to stick his picture up here. Let's have a look at him.

YouTube - Act Naturally
Good idea.

Former posters are correct - gardai are obeying orders when they police protest marches. This is all the more worrying when one considers how heavy-handed they have become of late.

The practice of photographing and categorising peaceful protesters is offensive though - why should I have a Special Branch file if I have not broken the law?

We should reciprocate by opening a thread here to post photos of gardai who police protest marches. And if the board admin object to this, we can use one of the free blog accounts to do so.

Capt Blah

Website
Another thought.

Although gardai are obeying orders, we should remember how much freedom and power an individual gard has and how defiant they are to authority. Some examples:

1. When McDonut wanted to introduce a reserve force they said that they would not cooperate, despite being ordered to do so;

2. Remember the "Blue Flu" when they all called in sick, yet paraded publicly?

3. Recall their attack on civilians at the May Day protest some years ago -- when questioned no gard would give the name of any other gard who was on duty that day.

Oh - and their determination to form a union is an attempt to combat the Ombudsman's office. Mind you, the Ombudsman has hardly strained himself, has he?

Freedom front

Two Concerns about the current Garda

1. A two Year Investigation into Anglo Irish Bank with No results
2. The use of excessive force against peaceful protests , students march etc

junius

We should reciprocate by opening a thread here to post photos of gardai who police protest marches. And if the board admin object to this....
please tell me, I'll remove it immediately.

Who were these idiots in North Mayo?

and these?

I suppose they had to do something to earn their huge overtime rates, their free hotel bed and boarding and all the other perks for coming to remote Bellanaboy to save multinational Shell from the wrath of the locals!

Last edited:

Chuck de Mawl

The picket was very well received with many residents of the area expressing their support for the picket and congratulating those on the picketline for their efforts in highlighting the issues involved. Passing cars honked their horns in support. The picket lasted approximately an hour and a half in total.

Throughout the entire time a squad car containing five unifromed gardai was positioned outside Willie O'Dea's constituency office. They took it in turns to stand out in the cold at the front gate of Willie O'Dea's office. A short distance away and unmarked police car containing two detectives was stationed. Across the road from this was another unmarked police car with the occupant taking photographs and video footage of the participants in the picket and around the corner was parked a garda transit van with a further three gardai.

While the residents of the area must have been delighted to see such a strong presence of Gardai to protect the property of the former minister, more than one passer-by did comment that they hadn't seen a garda operation of such a scale in the estate before.

You forgot to mention, that despite the involvement of about a dozen Gardai, (plain clothes and uniformed members), watching for 90 minutes a crowd just under 20 in number, Willie O'Dea still did not turn up for his clinic, leaving his secretary Olive, to deal with the 8 or so visitors to the clinic. She writes most of the letters anyway.

Photo of the picket
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tRNT46kcj14/TPtd7LzflII/AAAAAAAAAAM/RhkjPxio6Po/s1600/WODclinicPicket.jpg

Some of the Gardaí at the clinic.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tRNT46kcj...AAAQ/xquiLfbMvx8/s1600/GardaWODundercover.jpg

neiphin

Then they'll take the photographs and the video footage back to the station and spend the next week identifying everybody so that the next time you meet them they'll refer to you by your christian name or by saying "Oh Yes, Mr. Waves" and making anyone who happens to be passing by think that you are a well known criminal and have come to their attention on many occasions! Beware.
known agitators

junius

known agitators
...without any criminal background whatsoever! People who are rightfully making themselves and their viewpoints heard now that the truth has come out about the gross criminality that has been running this country into the ground and hosting foreign criminals for years - (boss of asbestos mining in Australia who, when sued for compensation in australia for destroying the lives of Australian asbestos miners, was welcomed to Ireland as a hero for bringing his billions for safekeeping to here in order to pay them nothing at all!!! That's a terrible crime and according to your avatar, you approve??:confused:

neiphin

junius

i dont know how to change my avatar,( to something i want,https://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/apr2006/site_of_the_pearse_connolly_memorial_hall.jpg)

i used to have a pbp avatar, but i got a lot of hassle from the neo-con trolls
i felt i was doing the pbp people a dis service

so if i was going to do anyone a disservice it would be the soldiers of distruction
Tried to check out your link but my computer threw up a scarlet red warning not to go there, so I didn't! I would think that you can change your avatar by going to your UserCP and you'll find the link there. Don't know really, I don't have an avatar! Why did you give yourself a FF avatar if you didn't want it? Or is it a recent change of mind?

Mossy Heneberry

Then they'll take the photographs and the video footage back to the station and spend the next week identifying everybody so that the next time you meet them they'll refer to you by your christian name or by saying "Oh Yes, Mr. Waves" and making anyone who happens to be passing by think that you are a well known criminal and have come to their attention on many occasions! Beware.
Going off topic here, but if you are stopped and search say under the misuse of drugs act and they don't find anything on you, you still have to give them your personal details. Your details are then put into the PULSE system.

I find this deeply immoral and a perversion of justice, what they are saying is your are innocent but just in case we're keeping you details.

eoghanacht

YouTube - Act Naturally
Sorry crap camera phone. I'm a bit of a tech illiterate .
No the reason i found it dodgy was that there was already two uniformed Garda filming so i suppose he must have been SB

neiphin

Tried to check out your link but my computer threw up a scarlet red warning not to go there, so I didn't! I would think that you can change your avatar by going to your UserCP and you'll find the link there. Don't know really, I don't have an avatar! Why did you give yourself a FF avatar if you didn't want it? Or is it a recent change of mind?
try this "AN UNREPENTANT COMMUNIST.....": Leitrim’s Unrepentant Communist- Jim Gralton
the selection of avatars is very limited

junius

yes, can get that one ok. Strikes me as odd that you ever chose the FF one. Many on this site have 'personalised' avatars - see Cruimh or Sync for example. You could, I suppose, ask them how they put it there. Obviously they are more serious techies than I am, for I havn't a clue. There doesn't seem to be an option on the 'edit avatar' to add your own. :confused:

junius

Going off topic here, but if you are stopped and search say under the misuse of drugs act and they don't find anything on you, you still have to give them your personal details. Your details are then put into the PULSE system.

I find this deeply immoral and a perversion of justice, what they are saying is your are innocent but just in case we're keeping you details.
A very good point. I recently had to apply for Garda clearance as many who work with people have to do. I know I am not a criminal nor have I ever done anything criminal. My only apparent 'criminal activity' is to leave my home and go outside no more than few kilometres radius) where I have been filmed by the taunting Gardai pictured above and obviously identified, discussed etc..... as I have found, to my horror, that they now try to intimidate me by calling me by my first name as if I have a criminal record. Like my friends and neighbours who have been the victims of similar harassment, who do you suggest I take my complaint to?

(ps - I got my Garda clearance cert) but the harassment and downright abuse we get from drafted in (who are evidently shown video evidence of innocent people who object to their presence) and some local Gardai in North Mayo never ceases.

Last edited:

eoghanacht

@neiphin
Ask a mod nicely they should sort you out.

Capt Blah

Website
I recently had to apply for Garda clearance as many who work with people have to do.
I had to get a fairly comprehensive garda check done some years ago, when beginning a job that involved somewhat sensitive information. I was shocked when I saw the form they used - at the bottom was a box, above which there was a question asking whether the person was "known" to the gardai. Apparently if any mark at all is made in this box it is taken as a red flag.

This is disgraceful, and very very Irish.

Johnnybaii

Exactly - which is brainwashing in case you dont realise
Any idiot parent can easily force-feed a child into a political orienation if they want
But a truly responsable parent will allow a child to grow and learn and to make their own political choices as they reach maturity
Typical of the left to brainwash their own young children into a dead-end no-hope future
I really pity that unfortunate 15 year old child
I'm going to give you an 8/10

You're deducted 2 points as its they made it too easy for you. Then again, i could staple the word TROLL to your forehead and some posters here would continue on replying.

Good work though, i LOL'd

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom