• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Genius of Charles Krauthammer

Bobkat

His sentences are short and full of punch. And he has a rare ability to distill issues and ideas down to compact, searing polemics. Consequently, his columns have done immense damage to Barack Obama. No wonder the Irish Left hates him so much, writing non-stop whinge letters to the Irish Times calling for his column to be dropped. The Irish Left's campaign against his predecessor Mark Steyn intimidated the IT into dropping his column. Let's hope it doesn't happen to his successor. As a John McCain supporter, I want to salute the unique genius of Charles Krauthammer.

Trampas

Bobkat said:
His sentences are short and full of punch. And he has a rare ability to distill issues and ideas down to compact, searing polemics. Consequently, his columns have done immense damage to Barack Obama. No wonder the Irish Left hates him so much, writing non-stop whinge letters to the Irish Times calling for his column to be dropped. The Irish Left's campaign against his predecessor Mark Steyn intimidated the IT into dropping his column. Let's hope it doesn't happen to his successor. As a John McCain supporter, I want to salute the unique genius of Charles Krauthammer.

..........dons helmet and suit of armour. ;)

S

Starkadder

No, the Irish Times dropped Steyn because he was out where the buses don't run.
Much as I disagree with Krauthammer's columns, at least they make a vague attempt at coherent arguments.

fergalr

Well the man makes neo-cons look like Maoists but he has needled the Obama campaign pretty well alright.

Kf

Bobkat said:
Why?

Bobkat

Kf said:
Bobkat said:
Why?
Why not?

Kf

Ok i will,

Becuase he is an old right wing, warmongering, vietnameese killing, wife abusing, economic know nothing republican clown.

dub006

Whenever I see him on tv in the States he reminds me of the mad scientist in the wheelchair in the film 'How I learned to Love the Bomb and stop Worrrying' ,one of three roles played by peter sellers in the film.

Goldwater

Bobkat said:
Hear hear.

A scintillating polemiscist who has an unerring ability to cut through the noise and bullshit and distill the issues down to their core components. His dissection today of the hyprocrisy and cant of Obama was magisterial and unanswerable.

I notice at least one letter a week from pathetic anti-intellectual leftists unable to handle opposing points of view calling for him to be axed. Thankfully to date Madam has stood firm. In doing so she has provided an invaluable service to her readers and, no doubt, most of her journalists. Neocons are despised and dismissed here as oil-deranged loons with no knowledge or understanding of the rest of the world outside of Washington DC. Any fair reader of Krauthammer would have to acknowledge that, even if he completely disagreed with the politics, there is a supremely serious and engaged mind at work

juanpablo

Goldwater said:
Bobkat said:
Neocons are despised and dismissed here as oil-deranged loons with no knowledge or understanding of the rest of the world outside of Washington DC.
Im sorry but what are Neo Cons then? You do realise the disaster that was Iraq has happened dont you?

droghedasouth

Actually the program on Fox where he appears with Mara Liasson and Bill Kristol is very very good.
As opposed to the rest of the Fox "fair and balanced" rant.

Pauli

Kf said:
Ok i will,

Becuase he is an old right wing, warmongering, vietnameese killing, wife abusing, economic know nothing republican clown.
Why don't you get off the fence?? :D

Goldwater

juanpablo said:
Goldwater said:
Bobkat said:
Neocons are despised and dismissed here as oil-deranged loons with no knowledge or understanding of the rest of the world outside of Washington DC.
Im sorry but what are Neo Cons then? You do realise the disaster that was Iraq has happened dont you?
Iraq has not gone as would have been wished, that's for sure, though thankfully much progress has been made.

However, the likes of Krauthammer have forgotten more about world politics and current affairs than you or most of the critics will ever learn

Goldwater

Catalpa said:
He seemed pretty well on the ball to me...what was so 'right wing' about all that? :shock:
'Right wing' is used as a term of abuse by many left-liberals to disparage something without having to argue its merits

joemomma

Goldwater said:
Catalpa said:
He seemed pretty well on the ball to me...what was so 'right wing' about all that? :shock:
'Right wing' is used as a term of abuse by many left-liberals to disparage something without having to argue its merits
It's also used as a descriptive term for people whose political views are, you know, right wing.

GusherING

joemomma said:
Goldwater said:
Catalpa said:
It's also used as a descriptive term for people whose political views are, you know, right wing.
The most interesting thing about neo-cons is their early roots as Democrats and origininally as members of the New Left during the late 60's. When people discuss what 1968 left us over the next month, neo-conservatism is something that probably should be (but probably won't be) mentioned.