• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The Glorious Twelfth

between the bridges

well we have all seen a video, there are many others, in fact some 60-70k paraded on the 12th (approx 1400 lodges,10 counties, and 700 bands). from a personal perspective this 12th as a fairly active proddyorangebigot was my most hectic ever and yet it was also the best and most satisfying. it kicked of last week with the banner parade in kesh, BBC News - Loyal Orders' banner parade record attempt where after 40 days and nights of rain (otherwise known as a fermanagh summer) the sky's cleared for 420 banners and 52 bands to parade. from then on in between helping out with various displays, concerts, exhibitions and helping to organise a charity parade in support of the children's hospice, i had the pleasure of giving the representatives from the ROI a tour of enniskillen OO hall. i have to say they were genuinely interested plenty of questions, comments and i was able throw in a little bit of personal history with the minutes from a 1819 meeting signed by my great great grandfather.

the big day itself started with a light breakfast in the hall and a parade (lambegs, pipe band, flute band and 4 lodges)into the assembly 'field', a quick refreshment break and then a couple of hours of marshaling duty. this year the entire parade was contained on the island of enniskillen 'between the bridges' starting of from the rear of the british legion an following a 3 mile route around the town to the service 'field' adjacent to enniskillen castle. the 90 lodges, 4 counties and 63 bands were watched by a minimum of 20k along with a few VIP's 20,000 people enjoy Enniskillen's glorious Twelfth / Impartial Reporter / News / Roundup
having played a small part in the organising and the route choice i was delighted to see that the return parade was as well supported as the main parade, and as usual many of our CNR neighbours took in the display and soaked up the atmosphere. my day was rounded of with a sash bash function and rather copious amounts of refreshments.

i would say my day is not too dissimilar to that enjoyed by the vast majority of the hundreds of thousands that took part in the 18 venues for 12th of july 2012.

[video=youtube_share;l3O5Y9ZBQgk]http://youtu.be/l3O5Y9ZBQgk[/video]

for me it truly is orangefest, i now await the mopefest...

/MOD/ Merged this thread here: http://www.politics.ie/forum/culture-community/192817-scarva-day.html /MOD/

Last edited by a moderator:

Galloper Thompson

well we have all seen a video, there are many others, in fact some 60-70k paraded on the 12th (approx 1400 lodges,10 counties, and 700 bands). from a personal perspective this 12th as a fairly active proddyorangebigot was my most hectic ever and yet it was also the best and most satisfying. it kicked of last week with the banner parade in kesh, BBC News - Loyal Orders' banner parade record attempt where after 40 days and nights of rain (otherwise known as a fermanagh summer) the sky's cleared for 420 banners and 52 bands to parade. from then on in between helping out with various displays, concerts, exhibitions and helping to organise a charity parade in support of the children's hospice, i had the pleasure of giving the representatives from the ROI a tour of enniskillen OO hall. i have to say they were genuinely interested plenty of questions, comments and i was able throw in a little bit of personal history with the minutes from a 1819 meeting signed by my great great grandfather.

the big day itself started with a light breakfast in the hall and a parade (lambegs, pipe band, flute band and 4 lodges)into the assembly 'field', a quick refreshment break and then a couple of hours of marshaling duty. this year the entire parade was contained on the island of enniskillen 'between the bridges' starting of from the rear of the british legion an following a 3 mile route around the town to the service 'field' adjacent to enniskillen castle. the 90 lodges, 4 counties and 63 bands were watched by a minimum of 20k along with a few VIP's 20,000 people enjoy Enniskillen's glorious Twelfth / Impartial Reporter / News / Roundup
having played a small part in the organising and the route choice i was delighted to see that the return parade was as well supported as the main parade, and as usual many of our CNR neighbours took in the display and soaked up the atmosphere. my day was rounded of with a sash bash function and rather copious amounts of refreshments.

i would say my day is not too dissimilar to that enjoyed by the vast majority of the hundreds of thousands that took part in the 18 venues for 12th of july 2012.

So your just trolling then?

Mickeymac

Should be ashamed of yourself opening threads about the OO after they disgraced themselves worldwide yet again with the latest debacle outside St Patricks Church in Belfast.

between the bridges

GT i gave a personal account of the largest event in n.i, backed up with links, and i pointed out that it would be followed up by mopery, care to point out how that is trolling or even anything that i have said that is incorrect?

between the bridges

mickeymope you are on ignore but its not hard to guess that you comments will validate my comments...(get an adult to explain it to you)

SKBAC

The one thing that people will remember about this twelfth is the scumbags outside of that church. Job well done lads.

factual

Thanks BTB for taking the time out to give this feel for the day. I found it very good to read, and it was fantastic to get a real "insider's take" on the event. Sounds like it was a successful event.

longmarch

Exactly SKBAC. You are 100% on the money. Just like a good news story barely ever makes the news. It's entirely pointless explaining to most of you what the other 50-60k people did on the 12th. The big news story is the 35 balloons outside the chapel.

You have a good few threads to moan about the OO. Do it on them please

SKBAC

Exactly SKBAC. You are 100% on the money. Just like a good news story barely ever makes the news. It's entirely pointless explaining to most of you what the other 50-60k people did on the 12th. The big news story is the 35 balloons outside the chapel.

You have a good few threads to moan about the OO. Do it on them please
It should be mentioned on every thread about the OO what a loathsome little group they are.

SgtBilko

A brilliant day! Very proud of those involved.

It's great to see bitter Republicans latching onto the one minor incident they could find. It speaks volumes! I mean, hundreds of thousands involved in the various parades and the one negative thing they could find is a band playing ....errr.....music! lol. (Never mind the rioting by mindless Republican scum (again) - gloss over that lads and fixate on the tunes and hopefully no-one will notice.)

Never mind eh....the world don't care....and we'll be marching on for many, many more years to come.

SKBAC

It's great to see bitter Republicans latching onto the one minor incident they could find. It speaks volumes! I mean, hundreds of thousands involved in the various parades and the one negative thing they could find is a band playing ....errr.....music! lol. (Never mind the rioting by mindless Republican scum (again) - gloss over that lads and fixate on the tunes and hopefully no-one will notice.)

Never mind eh....the world don't care....and we'll be marching on for many, many more years to come.
Bilko you were insisting that those marchers didn't nothing wrong earlier. U-turn?

PaddyO'Neill

What's your thoughts on the Loyalist rioters at Ardoyne?

between the bridges

Were there loyalist rioters in the Ardoyne? Why were they rioting. Sheeh! Feeling left out?
they where protesting about a parade...

Drogheda445

I had a watch of the parades in Belfast on the BBC on Thursday. It was actually quite impressive. And it seems there were many foreigners there enjoying the spectacle. Who knows, maybe in a few years you guys will let us Free Staters attend the events :) (joking).

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the day BTB. Lets hope we can, in the future, celebrate the Twelfth for its cultural rather than political significance, and that it becomes a completely peaceful, enjoyable event. :D

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies