The Glorious Twelfth

death or glory

Their would be less than 30 Prodestants in Pomeroy.
I thought a while ago you said there was none, make your mind up man.

Don't forget theres a parade to celebrate the opening of another local Orange hall tomorrow night.

death or glory

Do the simple maths

30 Prods max in the village

over half would be Woman and thus not orange men.

15 left take out your babies and children and teenagers.
Is that what you call evidence?
Where does it say there is exactly 30.
As you say all I want is evidence?

SgtBilko

I said no orange men.
*cough....

"Pomeroy Orangeman Richard Reid is someone who knows only too well what it’s like to be directly affected by troublemakers during the marching season.
He has been a member of Pomeroy True Blues Loyal Orange Lodge 293 for 25 years and is its former deputy master.

Together with another lodge, it shared Bonn Orange Hall, a building which existed in the small, mainly nationalist, Co Tyrone village for “close on 100 years.”
But last summer it was completely destroyed in an arson attack, in what was believed to be a follow on incident from a similar one the previous November.
Like many of Ulster’s orange halls, often targeted in sectarian attacks, it survived the odd skirmish over the years."

McSlaggart

*cough....

"Pomeroy Orangeman Richard Reid is someone who knows only too well what it’s like to be directly affected by troublemakers during the marching season.
He has been a member of Pomeroy True Blues Loyal Orange Lodge 293 for 25 years and is its former deputy master.

Together with another lodge, it shared Bonn Orange Hall, a building which existed in the small, mainly nationalist, Co Tyrone village for “close on 100 years.”

But last summer it was completely destroyed in an arson attack, in what was believed to be a follow on incident from a similar one the previous November.

Like many of Ulster’s orange halls, often targeted in sectarian attacks, it survived the odd skirmish over the years."

You may not know this but Orange men often travel to a hall which is far from their wee home.

Mountfield orange hall used to be full of Orange men from Omagh.

SgtBilko

You may not know this but Orange men often travel to a hall which is far from their wee home.

Mountfield orange hall used to be full of Orange men from Omagh.
I see. So not only do you know the population of Pomeroy and their breakdown by religion, you also know where visitors to Pomeroy travel from?

The census people need not bother with their jobs this year.... they should just ask you. 👍

McSlaggart

I see. So not only do you know the population of Pomeroy and their breakdown by religion, you also know where visitors to Pomeroy travel from?

The census people need not bother with their jobs this year.... they should just ask you. 👍
Is that what you call evidence?
Where does it say there is exactly 30.
As you say all I want is evidence?

SgtBilko

"Richard Reid is a former Ulster unionist politician.

Reid worked as a farmer in Pomeroy, County Tyrone. An evangelical Protestant, he became friendly with Norman Porter, secretary of the National Union of Protestants. In 1950, he arranged a meeting at the town courthouse for Monica Farrell, and through this, became acquainted with Ian Paisley.[1] He subsequently joined Paisley's Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster, and, although there was no local congregation, he became a church elder.[2]

In 1975, Reid stood for Paisley's Democratic Unionist Party in Mid Ulster, and was elected to the Northern Ireland Constitutional Convention.[3] He was also elected to Cookstown District Council at the 1977 Northern Ireland local elections.[4]

From the 1980s on, Reid withdrew from formal politics, but he was active in the Orange Order, where he became known as a leading traditionalist during the Drumcree conflict.[5]" - Wikipedia

👍

McSlaggart

"Richard Reid is a former Ulster unionist politician.

Reid worked as a farmer in Pomeroy, County Tyrone. An evangelical Protestant, he became friendly with Norman Porter, secretary of the National Union of Protestants. In 1950, he arranged a meeting at the town courthouse for Monica Farrell, and through this, became acquainted with Ian Paisley.[1] He subsequently joined Paisley's Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster, and, although there was no local congregation, he became a church elder.[2]

In 1975, Reid stood for Paisley's Democratic Unionist Party in Mid Ulster, and was elected to the Northern Ireland Constitutional Convention.[3] He was also elected to Cookstown District Council at the 1977 Northern Ireland local elections.[4]

From the 1980s on, Reid withdrew from formal politics, but he was active in the Orange Order, where he became known as a leading traditionalist during the Drumcree conflict.[5]" - Wikipedia

👍
Feck that Pomeroy is one big town with a farm in the middle.

SgtBilko

Feck that Pomeroy is one big town with a farm in the middle.
It would be far easier just to admit to being wrong, McSlaggart, rather than the idiotic twisting and turning. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Carry on, I'm out. 👍

McSlaggart

It would be far easier just to admit to being wrong, McSlaggart, rather than the idiotic twisting and turning. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Carry on, I'm out. 👍
The man is a farmer. He does not live in the town! The town has a fecking orange hall with a Prodestant population that you could fit in one classroom.

SgtBilko

The man is a farmer. He does not live in the town! The town has a fecking orange hall with a Prodestant population that you could fit in one classroom.
You said there where no Orangemen in Pomeroy. You've provided zero evidence to support your theory. I've directed you to a newspaper report which refers to a 'Pomeroy Orangeman' and a Wikipedia entry for a farmer from Pomeroy who is an Orangeman. Continue your delusion if you wish.... but you're still wrong. Feel free to take it up with the newspaper concerned and amend Wikipedia to your hearts content but l'm not wasting any more time on a fool who can't admit to being wrong. Goodnight 👍

death or glory

You said there where no Orangemen in Pomeroy. You've provided zero evidence to support your theory. I've directed you to a newspaper report which refers to a 'Pomeroy Orangeman' and a Wikipedia entry for a farmer from Pomeroy who is an Orangeman. Continue your delusion if you wish.... but you're still wrong. Feel free to take it up with the newspaper concerned and amend Wikipedia to your hearts content but l'm not wasting any more time on a fool who can't admit to being wrong. Goodnight 👍
Back of the net, I couldn't have said it better myself, and that is a compliment.

death or glory

A song just popped onto my head,
These boots are made for marching, and that's just what they'll do,
And one of these days these boots are going to march all over you.

Talk Back

Dream on - the only way those boots will march is if you squatters wearing them are using zimmer frames.

In the last 6 county census, only 48 percent identified as British - and this percentage is dropping sharply.

Unionists are older and dying out, whereas Irish people are younger and growing.

In the new census in 2 years time, the percentage identifying as British is expected to be in the mid to low 40 percent.

This is only going to end one way for you foreigners - Unionism in Ireland is finished.

theloner

Lest we forget Lower Ormeau, Drumcree and the countless others that have had the boots decommissioned.

Golah veNekhar

Dream on - the only way those boots will march is if you squatters wearing them are using zimmer frames.

In the last 6 county census, only 48 percent identified as British - and this percentage is dropping sharply.

Unionists are older and dying out, whereas Irish people are younger and growing.

In the new census in 2 years time, the percentage identifying as British is expected to be in the mid to low 40 percent.

This is only going to end one way for you foreigners - Unionism in Ireland is finished.
You are forgetting that the Shinners and Stoops promotion of homosexuality as something glamourous and even more so as virtuous, and the process has started of them supporting abortion in the same way. Meanwhile you have all these thran Prods popping out at least four if not seven or eight or more kids. Also with Brexit and the militancy of pro-Brussels ideology in the South means that the border poll when it happens will not be able to draw on patriotic fervor at all.

Talk Back

You are forgetting that the Shinners and Stoops promotion of homosexuality as something glamourous and even more so as virtuous, and the process has started of them supporting abortion in the same way. Meanwhile you have all these thran Prods popping out at least four if not seven or eight or more kids. Also with Brexit and the militancy of pro-Brussels ideology in the South means that the border poll when it happens will not be able to draw on patriotic fervor at all.
If you say so.

The point is 4 of the 6 occupied counties of Ireland have an Irish majority and a majority voting for Irish nationalist parties.

It's all over for the locationally challenged Unionists trapped in Ireland - time is on our side, not theirs.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies